EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 02-28-2019, 06:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Is it possible to use DrumsUI skins in DarqUI?

I would love to use the Pink_Pink skins from DrumsUI and was wondering if you could easily add it to drumsUI?

The updated skins are located here

If not possible, is there any way I can use any of the themes in DarqUI and make them Pink?
Unread 02-28-2019, 06:59 PM
A Grove Wisp

There are a LOT of elements missing from the DrumsUI skin you are talking about that wouldn't exactly make a perfect color layout for DarqUI. You could take one of the things like Theme_Nightfall and edit the ColorStyles.xml and replace it with the colors from the Pink Pink colorstyles.xml but again, it wouldn't be perfect and would probably have a lot of ugly elements.

I would recommend trying and learning to edit DDS files and making your own.
Unread 02-28-2019, 07:20 PM
A Grove Wisp

In fact let me help you get started with some knowledge.

DDS is DirectDraw Surface. It is a DirectX Texture Map File (meaning image that wraps around a given object to map it's elements over it).

GIMP (GNU IMAGE MANIPULATION PROGRAM) supports editing DDS files and is completely free. It is somewhat tough to install for windows so if this is something you want, it's gotta be something you are willing to learn for. You will need to download a bit older version of Gimp for windows from back in 2012: https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub....8.0-setup.exe and once downloaded you'll need to get this plugin for it https://code.google.com/archive/p/gimp-dds/downloads

Follow the instructions in the zip on how to install the plugin and then you can open DDS files. Which will let you edit these themes and change them to your hearts content.

Hope you have fun and learn a lot with this.
Unread 03-01-2019, 01:12 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Crushbone

The newest version of GIMP installs easily and works just fine with the plugin you just have to create a folder called dds in the plugin folder and place the dds plugin in that instead of the plugin folder itself.

Also the correct format when EXPORTING an image ad dds is first choosing the color format (2nd row) as RGBA8 and then choosing the Compression (first row) as BC1 / DXT1. Leave the other options on default, unless you plan on making icon file (not UI element or maps) changes, then you'll need to fiddle around with mipmaps, but as I haven't used that yet I can't give you good settings for it.

Disclaimer: If you find spelling mistakes, be proud, grab a cookie and then spent a thought about me having german as my mothertongue

Last edited by Pijotre : 03-01-2019 at 01:18 AM.
Unread 03-01-2019, 01:42 AM
A Grove Wisp

odd, i tried 2.10.8 and put the dds plugin in it and it wouldn't work for win64
Unread 03-01-2019, 04:06 AM
A Griffon

Read again, you need to create a "dds" folder (with that exact name) under plug-ins to put the dds.exe in. Putting the dds.exe directly in the plug-ins folder will NOT work.

Disclaimer: If you find spelling mistakes, be proud, grab a cookie and then spent a thought about me having german as my mothertongue
Unread 03-01-2019, 12:41 PM
A Grove Wisp

Ah the instructions said put it in a file-dds folder, guess following instructions was bad in this case .
Unread 03-01-2019, 01:19 PM
A Griffon

Yes because the instructions were written for the old version of GIMP but they since then have changed how their plugin system works. I found that out by accident because I was arguing with jnils about where to put the file in November lol.