EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info

Unread 06-01-2006, 08:24 AM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Default Bag and Box DDS

I have finished a Bag and Box mod except for one last small change. I can not find any place how to change the background of the empty slots in the bags....

I have looked in the eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml

Code:
Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" = that is black and the background color is a purplish color not black so that would not be it

BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="WC_Backdrop" = that changes the area around the bag name and close button

So i seen that all the slots have this "IconStyle="/IconStyles.examine""
so i open up eq2ui_IconStyles.xml and changed the "BackGlowResource" and the BackResource and I still can not get the color to change. Am I missing something here? If I can get this I should beable to finish this mod today.
Unread 06-01-2006, 12:15 PM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

I beleive the background tinting is hard-coded and can not be changed.
Unread 06-01-2006, 07:24 PM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle

I tried to play with the .dds file for you, but that particular image (\images\icons\icon_transp1.dds) is used as the background for not just bags and boxes, but also all of your equipped items as well as the icon in the examine window and some buffs. you might be able to point it toward something different.

this line in particular may be of interest:
"\eq2ui_IconStyles.xml"(13):
Code:
<IconStyle BackGlowRect="210,0,252,42" BackGlowResource="/images/icons/icon_transp1.dds" BackRect="84,42,126,84" BackResource="/images/icons/icon_transp1.dds" description="Same as button but no iconrect" FrameRect="126,42,168,84" FrameResource="/images/icons/icon_transp1.dds" MouseOverRect="84,84,126,126" MouseOverResource="/images/icons/icon_transp1.dds" Name="inventory" PressedRect="168,42,210,84" PressedResource="/images/icons/icon_transp1.dds" ProgressRect="84,42,126,84" ProgressResource="/images/icons/icon_transp1.dds"/>
Unread 06-04-2006, 08:03 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Blackburrow

sorry isp when down for 2 days....

anywho thanks for the info man.....I just wonder why they would hard code some thing like that it would have just been easyer to use a dds....

Unless.....i need to looking to this more.