EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 11-10-2009, 11:26 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Questing with EQ2Maps

I'm looking for some advise on how to simplify the EQ2 questing process. I started playing EQ2 at release, but due to the massive demands of the game on my system I left for WoW (which will virtually run on a toaster). Since upgrading my PC however i've come back to EQ2 a couple of time, and really love the game / graphics....BUT. The one part of the game which continues to utterly kill me is the questing system. There seems to be very little rhyme or reason to where the quests are sending me and frankly i got lost, confused & utterly frustrated as a result.

A friend turned me on to EQ2Maps as a way to simplify the process a bit, but I'm still left with a similar problem. Now i have a full map (Thanks for that one btw) but there are like 1000 dots thrown all over it in reference to things that I'm NOT looking for. Is there a way to filter these out so they are only displaying points which are related to my current quests? Or is there a way to do an active search in a given zone to highlight a specific quest objective? Too much info in this case has become just as bad as too little.

Yes i'm a self admitted noob blah blah blah and should just got back to playing "Shoots and Ladders", but in the mean time if anyone can help me make sense of this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

~ Lazlo ~
Unread 11-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

The overload of POIs on the map is a problem many of us are familiar with. Rothgar (EQ2's lead programmer) had the idea for us to be able to tie POIs to quests (so that they only show up when you are looking at the relevent quests). To my knowledge this is on the "Want to do when we have time" kind of list, I haven't heard anything from Rothgar to late.

But anyhoo, we currently cannot sort them beyond sorting by type (zone, quest, etc.) -- which isn't always helpful given that many POIs are incorrectly typed.

What you can do is use the search bar to try and find the POIs you need. Beyond that I recommend EQ2i (eq2.wikia.com) as a great source for quest information (and it's a wiki that anyone can edit if you find something missing or incorrect). Some UIs (Fetish Nightfall and ProfitUI come to mind) even have buttons that open the browser to EQ2i (or other sites) for the quest in your quest helper window.