EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 03-02-2023, 01:48 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Send a message via ICQ to utaeladil Send a message via AIM to utaeladil Send a message via MSN to utaeladil Send a message via Yahoo to utaeladil
Default Is it possible to remove the REPAIR button in mender window, leaving only REPAIR ALL?

Is it possible to remove the REPAIR button in mender window, leaving only REPAIR ALL?

I can't imagine why you would want to have a single REPAIR button on the mender. I have always only ever needed to press REPAIR ALL, sometimes in battle I accidentally just click REPAIR and repair only a single item... (I know u cannot REPAIR during combat, but if u press ESC a few times and then toggle off ur attack (usually just by pressing the ` button) then it will allow you to open the mender or repair bot and click REPAIR or REPAIR ALL.

Actually, I do think there's an item in game now that increases power as it goes down, so for instance if it was at 10% then it would be a lot more powerful... but I presonally do not have this item and am not even sure if it's an item that still works in the newer zones for the latest expac. If that's the case, then would it be possible to make this an optional feature? Like, for me, I would LOVE to remove the single REPAIR button and ONLY have REPAIR ALL. Others may not feel the same way, and I they may want both, or maybe they would like just the REPAIR and not the REPAIR ALL? Anyway, is it possible (even if you don't want to change it for everyone or go about making this option_ then would it be possible for me to modify the mender window myself, and change the xml code to remove the undesired button?

I am tired of accidentally clicking REPAIR only to have to immediately press REPAIR ALL anyway. Thanks!
Unread 03-03-2023, 10:48 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The buttons in that area are shared with all functions (Buy, Sell, Repair, Reforge, Restore, Buy Back, etc.) in the Merchant window. So if you were to hide or remove the button, it would affect how you interact with the other tabs.

The window could be modified in a way that checks to see which tab is visible, and hides the Repair button only when the Repair tab is focused. But that's a lot of software and it would need to be tested thoroughly. A simpler solution might be to change the outline of the Repair button to a different color as a visual reminder not to click it.

Copy eq2ui_inventory_merchant.xml into your custom UI folder, and scroll down to about line 37. You'll see four <Button> lines, the first one being used for Repair. Add Color="#FF0000" into that line to change the button outline to red and give that a try. It might be all you need.

Unread 03-07-2023, 02:25 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Send a message via ICQ to utaeladil Send a message via AIM to utaeladil Send a message via MSN to utaeladil Send a message via Yahoo to utaeladil

Thanks... as always.

Would it be possible to MOVE that button to some other location besides right beside the REPAIR ALL button? When raiding, sometimes I have to disable attack (or stop attacking) and cast a bot and then click REPAIR ALL during combat. It really is disappointing when you do all that so fast you hit REPAIR instead of REPAIR ALL and close the window before noticing what you have done. Is it possible to maybe MOVE the button to another section of the screen (like top left instead of the bottom right) so that it's not directly in "line of sight" or at least not anywhere near the REPAIR ALL button? I can remember not to click it, sometimes it just happens so fast though. Or can the colors be changed to "black on black" or something so it looks completely invisible? (Moving would be a better option for me, since even if it WERE possible to make it invisible, if it's still right there in the same spot, I am still likely to click it and close the window before I realize what's happened.
Unread 03-08-2023, 12:35 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sure, you can move the buttons around. Back on the same <Button> line 37, try changing Location="xxx,yyy" to different values. xxx for horizontal and yyy for vertical. I like the idea since you can move the button away from the others, but it will be visible for other tabs that use it.