EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 05-06-2009, 12:49 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Default Map keeps losing POI's

I'm sure that it has happened to every one at one time or another. You open your map and all the POI's disappear and you are staring at a blank map. The only way to fix it is to shutdown the game and restart. This used to happen to me once in a while, but in the last week, it is happening several times a night and it is getting frustrating. I am wondering if anyone knows what causes this and what, if anything, can be done to fix it.

Thanks.
Unread 05-06-2009, 02:38 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Did you press the button to hide all POIs in the upper left corner?
Unread 05-06-2009, 05:19 AM
A Brown Bear

No, they just disappear. Many times I will hit "m" to open the map and see the POI's for a second before they disappear, but nothing that I do will bring the POI's back. I have even tried hiding and unhiding the POI's to see if they will reset, but they don't. Zoning doesn't help. The only fix (that I have found so far) is to restart.

It use to happen to me once in a while, like maybe once every week or two, and it happened to other people too and they would just restart to fix it. It was just one of those things that you accept that you have to do. The problem is that in the last week or so, it happens several times in a night, and that can become a very frustrating.
Unread 05-06-2009, 05:38 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If by any chance it is the same problem as described in this thread, then we have provided a fix for that today. Run the updater and let us know if it is still happening.
Unread 05-06-2009, 02:08 PM
A Brown Bear

Well, I have never seen that on mine. However, one of the more recent times that the POI's disappeared, the red arrow indicating where I am supposed to be was shifted off to the right a ways. It's very possible that the two problems are related. Hopefully the fix works. I will check it out and let you know.

Thanks
Unread 05-12-2009, 12:26 PM
A Brown Bear

Well, so far, so good. I have not been doing a lot of quests lately, so I have not been opening and closing the map as much as I sometimes do, however, I have not lost the POI's once since the fix was put into place. I am thinking that that is a good sign.

Good job, and thanks.
Unread 05-12-2009, 07:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Looks like you squashed that bug, I just leveled my first 80 in eq2 and used the map POI's on nearly every quest. It would mess up at least 2 times a day, its been working fine lately.
Unread 05-13-2009, 02:37 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Good to know. Don't hesitate to report bugs with the map here on the forums. We would have done something about this one earlier had we known that it was still an issue for many people.
Unread 08-09-2009, 01:59 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

i have a similar problem. the poi's don't even load. i've tried to reinstall the mod and restarted the game and they are still missing. any ideas?
Unread 08-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaynaHope View Post
i have a similar problem. the poi's don't even load. i've tried to reinstall the mod and restarted the game and they are still missing. any ideas?
If the POIs don't even load, then it's not quite a similar problem to this thread .

You most likely installed the mod incorrectly. Check in your EverQuest 2 folder, you should have the following:
*A file called eq2.ini
*A folder called UI, in which should be an EQ2MAP folder.

If you are missing either of those, then it is not installed correctly. If you're using any other UI mods, make sure you install them first, then run the updater.