EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Old Feature - LOC - can it come back?

I don't know if its possible to bring back after the changes to the map system but I miss how on the old maps when you hovered over a POI it would show the loc co-ordinates down the bottom. Cannot find a feature like this in the new map.
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:38 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

I have to second this request. It was especially helpful when dealing with elevations. One other issue is when tehe map is made smaller the waypoint list overlays the map window. Is there a way to have theat tabbed. Thanks.
Unread 11-19-2008, 10:32 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Thirded. Last night my group was running around Moors, and I found myself hovering over POIs as I've always done trying to see what their coordinates are. I often do that when I don't need a specific waypoint so much as an idea of what village or landmark a known set of coordinates are near.
Unread 11-19-2008, 11:05 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Splitpaw

We have decided to add them back in.
Will come from a updater near you soon.
Unread 11-19-2008, 05:11 PM
A Weald Wolf

on that note: the old map system is still lacking a map for moors
Unread 11-19-2008, 06:04 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlheinz View Post
on that note: the old map system is still lacking a map for moors
EQ2MAP is not supporting the old map system any longer.
Unread 11-19-2008, 06:55 PM
A Weald Wolf

is that settled? because the "new" map system is actually **** :/
Unread 11-19-2008, 07:01 PM
A man among men

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Yes. The map system is actually pretty good, just the mixture of huge icons and different maps makes people not want to adapt to change.
Unread 11-19-2008, 07:14 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
I'm sure you meant: I really appreciate the many hours of work you guys put into EQ2MAP, and of course I'll give it a couple of days to get used to the new system to undestand why you thought the new map system is far superior. If I have an idea how to make it even better I will then come back and provide constructive feedback.
Unread 11-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

My initial reaction to the new map system was mixed... the map window was bigger than I'm used to (covered almost my entire visible area), new icons (that didn't necessarily have the best overlapping in my opinion) as well as unnecessary map splitting (NQ really needs 2 maps?)...

... but it's growing on me, and I certainly appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it. Everything new is always a shock to the system at first... Office 2007's ribbon, anyone? (Although I will admit I still cannot stand it and end up using '03 whenever I can, so maybe bad example ).

But back to the OP -- I wholeheartedly agree. Having the loc of the POI appear there when hovered over was something I used quite a lot.
Unread 11-19-2008, 08:25 PM
A Coastal Crab

I like the new map, i just want my PoI dots back, in the new map you can tell a cliff from just a curve in the map, they are easier to make out.

Also i went with a group into VoES today and that map was gone, and that really sucked!

So will the dots be added back to the new maps? And will the instance maps be added back in for old and new content?
Unread 11-19-2008, 08:39 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer411 View Post
So will the dots be added back to the new maps? And will the instance maps be added back in for old and new content?
As soon as you download the current version of EQ2MAP....
Unread 11-19-2008, 10:06 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer411 View Post
I like the new map, i just want my PoI dots back, in the new map you can tell a cliff from just a curve in the map, they are easier to make out.

Also i went with a group into VoES today and that map was gone, and that really sucked!

Working on it. Or at least one variation of it. This weekend I should have time to sort out the positioning in the POI style XML, create a new file and test the visibility and size of the dots. Once I'm done I'll update my icon patch with it. That'll give multiple options, since the icon_eq2map.dds file that comes with EQ2Map has colored dots and I use the same areas of the file for mine you'll be able to mix-and-match the .dds, style and POI _Skinnable files (EQ2Map's has larger dots, I made mine smaller for less overlapping and clutter).
Unread 11-19-2008, 11:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I think some just don't like the new map images themself. You really can't complain the window is too big... it's resizable.

And even so the new map images are not that bad.
Unread 11-20-2008, 03:01 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
Working on it. Or at least one variation of it. This weekend I should have time to sort out the positioning in the POI style XML, create a new file and test the visibility and size of the dots. Once I'm done I'll update my icon patch with it. That'll give multiple options, since the icon_eq2map.dds file that comes with EQ2Map has colored dots and I use the same areas of the file for mine you'll be able to mix-and-match the .dds, style and POI _Skinnable files (EQ2Map's has larger dots, I made mine smaller for less overlapping and clutter).
Keep in mind that there is 40+ types of icons now ,you might run out of colurs
Unread 11-20-2008, 10:28 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Now that the official SOE map is released, I also hope to be working more actively on EQ2Maps functionality. Some things just couldn't be done while SOE was still tweaking their version.
Unread 11-20-2008, 11:00 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk
Thumbs Up

New maps are awesome, cant wait for some more POI's to be added, thanks for the efford to make eq2 even better
Unread 11-20-2008, 11:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethan View Post
New maps are awesome, cant wait for some more POI's to be added, thanks for the efford to make eq2 even better
(Just in case) Most POIs are user submitted: http://maps.eq2interface.com/poi.php?action=new