Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 09-20-2007, 08:22 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeForceTony View Post
Nope, 32-Bit on both systems.
Are you using both java 5 and java 6 on the same machine? If yes, please check your system variables (JAVAHOME and PATH e.g.) if one is pointing to the wrong directory. Java 6 might get confused when trying to load Java 5 libs from there...
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:26 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldran View Post
Please run it from the command line with
java -jar Updater.jar

and quote the error message. Right now I don't have the slightest clue what it might be.
At the moment i'm at work, but can you explain how do to run it from the command line ( sorry but i'm not so very practice )^^ thanks again for your patience
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:32 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

I am unable to get the jar file to launch as well. I downloaded the latest version of java just to make sure but still no love. When I double-click Update.jar nothing happens, don't even get an error message. After reading this thread i tried it from a dos prompt and got the following:

C:\Program Files\Support Tools>java -jar "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\
ProfitUI\ProfitUI Updater\Updater.jar"
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't
find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key Application_file
s_not_found_or_broken
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(Unknown Source)
at de.pala.updater.GUI.Main.<init>(Main.java:96)
at de.pala.updater.GUI.Main$8.run(Main.java:431)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:46 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigor View Post
At the moment i'm at work, but can you explain how do to run it from the command line ( sorry but i'm not so very practice )^^ thanks again for your patience
Go to start menu -> Run. Type "cmd" and click ok.

A console window opens up. Type

java -jar "<full path to updater>\Updater.jar"

<full path to updater> depends on where you installed it to. For example, it you placed it in C:\Program Files\ProfitUI Updater, you would type the following:

java -jar "C:\Program Files\ProfitUI Updater\Updater.jar"

Then some error message will be output which you can copy and paste here so Kaldran can have some fun with it.

Note to self: update the download once more and include a batch file for automatically creating an error.txt log file.
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:48 AM
A Griffon

If you are using Vista you can just go to your installation directory in the explorer and type 'cmd' into the adress bar. This will open a box with a command prompt at the current directory.
I don't actually remember if that works on 2000 or XP too, if not try:

Start -> Run -> cmd <enter>

Then use the following two commands to navigate to your installation directory:

cd <directory>
cd ..

I'll just give you a quick example:

As for an error message: usually just the first line is the information you need, like the MissingFieldException you have had before.
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:50 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Go to start menu -> Run. Type "cmd" and click ok.

A console window opens up. Type

java -jar "<full path to updater>\Updater.jar"

<full path to updater> depends on where you installed it to. For example, it you placed it in C:\Program Files\ProfitUI Updater, you would type the following:

java -jar "C:\Program Files\ProfitUI Updater\Updater.jar"

Then some error message will be output which you can copy and paste here so Kaldran can have some fun with it.

Note to self: update the download once more and include a batch file for automatically creating an error.txt log file.
Thanks thanks again when i come back at homw i'll try and i hope to resolve this issue
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:59 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanyari View Post
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't
find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key Application_file
s_not_found_or_broken
Oh shame on me. I forgot to update a key in the english language file. Guess thats pretty much the same error aigor has. It is looking for an error message to display, if your Updater installation is missing required files, but cannot find it.

Since it should not display this message anyways if all files are in place, please check your installation carefully (and extract the files so you have a lib and config directory as well), and it will start up ignoring this error.
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:01 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
I don't actually remember if that works on 2000 or XP too, if not try:
No, does not work, but if you want you can run the attached .reg file and you can then right-click any folder and select CommandPrompt to get a console to open right there. Right click the folder you extracted the updater to and then just type

java -jar Updater.jar

Last edited by gm9 : 10-25-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:27 AM
A Griffon

Semi-Rude Qestion: why not just use a .NET runtime (like eq2maps updater)? Then you have no issues with the correct java version (which we have to manually maintain), and those of us that don't want to install the java runtime can use the updater also.

Sorry, I have had issues with the java runtime in the past with version control and getting mutiple apps working, that when I built my latest computer I told myself I would not install the Java Runtime and not use apps requiring Java runtime.

(Or could we just get the manual update version of the Profit UI maintained on the same timeline as the auto updated version)
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:41 AM
A Griffon

I do not develope applications often, but when I do it is usally necessary that they can run in Windows and Linux. Java is a pretty good choice there, so I am used to code in java. Actually I would not even know where to get a free .net IDE and compiler at all :P

And it's not like you don't have any version problems with .net. I have lost already many hours in my life trying to solve errors with .net applications. Bonus is, it gets updated via Microsoft Update, but Java updates itself too.
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:43 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

gjsi, my standard response to requests for auto-updaters has always been: "If you want one, code it for me and I may use it". During all this time Kaldran is the only one that delivered, and what he delivered is good. You should all be very happy that he took the time to create the auto-updater, host the files and even support it on here!

Of course you could do an auto-updater in any other programming language.
If you want one, make me one. (and doing it in .NET really just puts another name on the same problems.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsi View Post
(Or could we just get the manual update version of the Profit UI maintained on the same timeline as the auto updated version)
I'll maintain the manual update version in the same way I always did, i.e. I try not to make a new release for every single bug unless it is a major one. But the manual update version will continue to be updated, don't worry.
Unread 09-20-2007, 10:13 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Lucan DLere
Default is the server running the updates actually down?

i have opened port 88 and went as far as turning off my firewall and still getting the message. the update service is not available at the present time. please try again later.

was just curious if it is down atm or if this message pops up if perhaps the server in overloaded?
Unread 09-20-2007, 10:35 AM
A Griffon

As far as I can tell it's pumping the data pretty smoothly right now.
You may want to open http://updater.pala.de:88/ in your webbrowser. If you get a 404 error-page, it should work. If you get a message about the browser not being able to connect or so, there's a problem at your or your ISPs side.

I'm sorry it's not running on standard port 80 so far, but I wanted to include some fail safe mechanics, so I can shutdown the updating service if too many connections are hitting the server without taking down all other hosted sites. Maybe I could switch over to SSL port 443 which should not be blocked on most firewalls.

Last edited by Kaldran : 09-20-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Unread 09-20-2007, 10:53 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Unless you need port 443 for other hosted sites that might be a good idea actually.
Unread 09-20-2007, 11:02 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Lucan DLere

tried running the address in my browser i just get website not found no error code with both internet explorer 7 and firefox
Unread 09-20-2007, 11:21 AM
A Griffon

I going to switch to port 443 soon(tm). Please check back tomorrow or so if you cannot fix it
Unread 09-20-2007, 02:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Oh shame on me. I forgot to update a key in the english language file. Guess thats pretty much the same error aigor has. It is looking for an error message to display, if your Updater installation is missing required files, but cannot find it.

Since it should not display this message anyways if all files are in place, please check your installation carefully (and extract the files so you have a lib and config directory as well), and it will start up ignoring this error.
I'm receiving the same message when running it from the command line as Vanyari. I guess I'm not clear on which files I should include or exclude(?) from the Updater zip. As of 15 minutes ago, 9 files are present in the latest Updater zip that I downloaded.

The filenames are:

updater.s3db
JDirectoryDialog.jar
sqlitejdbc-v036-nested.jar
"The readme file"
MD5.jnlib
MD5.dll
license.txt
Updater.jar
MD5.so

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated. Also want to add that this is an awesome UI and a wonderful addition for updates, thanks to both of you for the hard work.

Thanks,

KC
Unread 09-20-2007, 02:25 PM
A Griffon

You need to extract them like they are. Folders included.

so its

Updater.jar
lib\JDirectoryDialog.jar
lib\sqlitejdbc-v036-nested.jar
config\updater.s3db

The Application expects those files in that sub folders, if they are not present its not able to find them.

They are the only files you _need_ to make it work. If you cannot figure out how to extract the others just ignore them. It'll make hashing your files a bit slower, but it will work.
Unread 09-20-2007, 02:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks!

Dummy me. My unzip application was extracting the files without the LIB and Config folders so it was just placing the files out there, as is, for me.

KC
Unread 09-20-2007, 04:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor

How do you open that port?!?!

Can't do it =(

Ahaan
Lucan D'Lere
Strike
Unread 09-20-2007, 05:02 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

it's works for me!!thanks so much for your patience and for your help
Unread 09-20-2007, 05:42 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Mistmoore

Nope, the Vista machine has Java 1.6.0.2-b06, and the XP machine has Java 1.5.0.12-b04.

Fenuxx Reign - 70 Templar (MISTMOORE)
Salazzar Slytherine - 46 Shadowknight (MISTMOORE)
Fenixx Reigns - 20 Fury (MISTMOORE)
Faytalis Thunderstriker - 18 Necromancer (MISTMOORE)

Tulenroh Soulreaper - 25 Shadowknight (NAGAFEN)
Unread 09-20-2007, 05:51 PM
A Griffon

I pushed an update live which, amongst other things, changes the update port to 443. If the updater is telling you that the service currently is down, please download and try this version.

gm9 is gonna update the official download as soon as he can. In the meantime I'll publish it in this thread.

edit by gm9: I'm stalking you mate. Official download is updated, removed the attachment from this one.

For those of you who do not have any problems connecting to the service it will update automatically, so you don't have to reinstall it from here.

Last edited by gm9 : 09-20-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Unread 09-20-2007, 11:07 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Feature for updater

IS there a way to add/remove files to the ignore list?
I use the defualt eq2ui_mainhud_maintained over the profit version becuase i dont want or need to see the text/timers next to my spells as i know what they all are. Thus I would like a way to not have that file overwritten all the time.....thanks
Unread 09-21-2007, 03:38 AM
A Griffon

Check the FAQ on that:

How to exclude files from being overwritten?

Please note the part about 'preserved settings' is not valid anymore.