EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 03-19-2006, 09:27 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Venekor

Thanks, hhee I didnt even think of the f10 yesterday. So I got it to work, on a side note I would not recomend doing this in the middle of Ant on Venekor hehe almost died!
Unread 03-19-2006, 09:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Ohhhhh

Big Thanx Guys for keeping ProfitUI alive
Unread 03-19-2006, 11:51 AM
A Sea Turtle

Default mini map problems

K i have installed the items from the zip file. I am getting a black window when i go to use the minimap. I looked for the fetish styles in the zip file but dont see them. Can some one give a detailed explanation of what files they added into profit directory and what they added to the equi.xml file if any? Thanks for any help
Unread 03-19-2006, 02:45 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Is the group window fixed yet so that the effects icons next to your own name correctly cure you?
Unread 03-20-2006, 04:41 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
Is the group window fixed yet so that the effects icons next to your own name correctly cure you?
Oh, sweet impatience.

Yes, v2.0 is basically finished. I was, however, busy playtesting it yesterday. The group window self cures are working correctly and got added to the player window as well, hotbar scaling is made easier and somewhat automated, there's an expandable crafting window with recipes and power bar, etc. - in short, there's something for everyone.

Just don't expect the MiniMap feature to be included. I won't be using it and therefore wouldn't support it. Maybe somebody else here is going to do it.

I should be able to upload to upload the full release tonight (GMT).
Unread 03-20-2006, 11:20 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

I'm not sure how this self cure works, can someone explain it ot me plz..

I play Bard, but with the new group window, will I be able to cure myself anyway ??
Unread 03-20-2006, 11:46 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechau
I play Bard, but with the new group window, will I be able to cure myself anyway ??
Only if you have the ability to cure yourself already, which I don't think Bards do. We can only change the user interface, not change game functionality.
Unread 03-20-2006, 02:49 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Sorry I figured waiting a week for a mod you thought you had working already seemed like enuogh time .
Unread 03-20-2006, 05:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok, iv found easier and better way to get minimap work.

Just use Talyns minimap plugin, dload here , unzip and overwrite in your main profit dir.
Dont use others plugin (like the one posted by spiricore or the fetishmap) if you have trouble with the minimap.

This is a temporary solution, im waiting gm9 version of the ui, but now minimap work well, there is only one problem - when you resize the map from mini to normal, some button should disappear, just minimize and then restore to have everything perfect again.

Hope this will work for anyone
Unread 03-20-2006, 06:58 PM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xser
Ok, iv found easier and better way to get minimap work.

Just use Talyns minimap plugin, dload here , unzip and overwrite in your main profit dir.
Dont use others plugin (like the one posted by spiricore or the fetishmap) if you have trouble with the minimap.

This is a temporary solution, im waiting gm9 version of the ui, but now minimap work well, there is only one problem - when you resize the map from mini to normal, some button should disappear, just minimize and then restore to have everything perfect again.

Hope this will work for anyone
Those are the exact same files I provided in the zip file on the main page, so I'm not entirely sure why "my" version wouldn't work while that would except the fact that I used the latest version of fetish nightfall as the base for it. I even went so far as to contact Zonx and ask him specifically what files are needed to get it working. Dunno beyond that. :\

<< Spiricore >>
aka Jiivin n'Groovin (retired)
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Unread 03-20-2006, 07:54 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ok, I zipped everything up and put it up on the main thread as v2.0. I hope I forgot nothing and it works for everybody.

No changelog yet. It's rather late here and I'm just coming from work, so that'll have to wait.

And to Eloora: It's not what you ask, it's how you do it.
Unread 03-21-2006, 06:39 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Hy i've downloaded version 2.0 everything it's fine but there's a little problem:
1) i play in 1280x1064 but i don't see the bottom bar
2) it's normal the on experience bar if i put mouse over i see only run and status point, before it was possible to see my stats like int, wis str etc....
3) in other version on hot key in "Size hot key" there was a numbers for a semplification to size hot key, in this version i don't see it

Last edited by aigor : 03-21-2006 at 06:45 AM.
Unread 03-21-2006, 07:01 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Ok, I zipped everything up and put it up on the main thread as v2.0. I hope I forgot nothing and it works for everybody.

No changelog yet. It's rather late here and I'm just coming from work, so that'll have to wait.

And to Eloora: It's not what you ask, it's how you do it.
HI, I cannot find the v2.0.. Where is the main thread? I went to every thread I can find and cannot seem to locate the new v2.0..

Thanks again for making this by far the best EQ2 UI in existance.. I for one really appreciate it :-)
Unread 03-21-2006, 07:50 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunder40
HI, I cannot find the v2.0.. Where is the main thread? I went to every thread I can find and cannot seem to locate the new v2.0..

Thanks again for making this by far the best EQ2 UI in existance.. I for one really appreciate it :-)
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5860
enjoy
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:17 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigor
Hy i've downloaded version 2.0 everything it's fine but there's a little problem:
1) i play in 1280x1064 but i don't see the bottom bar
2) it's normal the on experience bar if i put mouse over i see only run and status point, before it was possible to see my stats like int, wis str etc....
3) in other version on hot key in "Size hot key" there was a numbers for a semplification to size hot key, in this version i don't see it
1) hmm, if you had the bar set to be visible before, I might have put in a bugged file. Hit the blue button on the start button for the new control center, you can also enable/disable the bottom bar from there. I'll check the file and upload a new version if necessary
2) I put those stats on the bottom bar, as I thought they were more in context there. I haven't quite decided yet what to put on the top bar, that's why it's rather empty. If you prefer the old bar there, just let me know, I'm always open to suggestions.
3) The new control center has a much improved option to resize hotbars. If you prefer the old version: I think you used depechenode's slider mod, which should be linked by Spiricore in the main thread.

Sorry, I know I should (and will) explain these changes in some release notes. It's just that I don't have a lot of free-time to do this.
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

Great work on 2.0. Thanks so much for doing this.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 03-21-2006, 09:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well, imho old top & bottom bars was better and i would prefer a start button with togglebags instead of controlcenter (cant open CC with /show_window?)

Edit: btw, great job gm9
Unread 03-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Only had a little while to play before patch but I ran into a problem.

My chatwindow didn't work hehe. I can read it but no matter what I did I never managed to conjure up the cursor or the commandline so I could chat. Did I miss something? I tried removing all tabs so I only had one window but it didn't help. If I pressed Enter like I normally do to enter text I never got a cursor and the keyboard was still responding like I hadn't pressed Enter at all. I ended up removing the mainchat xml in order to chat.

Also, would it be possible to incorporate an attack indicator somewhere? Like in the small target strip you have near the chat windows. Make the target name flash or something hehe. With so many spells and whatnot wizzing about it's sometimes bewildering enough just to keep a correct mob targetted, let alone see if I'm actually attacking it.

I know you had a blinking sword in an addon for the old UI but this new target strip is so much nicer and better aligned and whatnot.

/hugs all around for keeping this going

Unread 03-21-2006, 10:21 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
1) hmm, if you had the bar set to be visible before, I might have put in a bugged file. Hit the blue button on the start button for the new control center, you can also enable/disable the bottom bar from there. I'll check the file and upload a new version if necessary
2) I put those stats on the bottom bar, as I thought they were more in context there. I haven't quite decided yet what to put on the top bar, that's why it's rather empty. If you prefer the old bar there, just let me know, I'm always open to suggestions.
3) The new control center has a much improved option to resize hotbars. If you prefer the old version: I think you used depechenode's slider mod, which should be linked by Spiricore in the main thread.

Sorry, I know I should (and will) explain these changes in some release notes. It's just that I don't have a lot of free-time to do this.
ok i've fixed that little issues like this:
1)i've add old "memorized.xml" from profit 1.8f and now is visible ^^
2) i've come back to the older version of experience, add "experience.xml" from older version (1.8f) i prefer like this ^^
3)i've add "slider.xml" from older version to new version and now is working.

but u've made a good work and i hope that my little suggestions help you to make better this wonderful UI
enjoy
Unread 03-21-2006, 11:09 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest
Wink

I think a bug exist in bottom bar or way of keep seting which show/hide bottom bar.

When I set show bottom bar via Profit CC, bottom bar appeared and NP.
But I exit EQII and reruning EQII, bottom bar doen't appear.

So, I must open Profit CC and set show bottom bar on everytimes.

By the way, I think Profit StartButton invests too many buttons to control complex shader

So, I do a bit modify StartButton.
It has 5 buttons to control complex shader(-1,0,25,50,75), 'Unquip All', and 'Follow Group Member' button.
And reduced number of redering distance levels(250,500,750,1000), make Tooltip of Toggle Buttons(Profit CC bottom and InfoCenter bottom) also toggled(likes Toggle Nightvision button)
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml (13.8 KB, 423 views)

Character: IspinSharle of 'WURI' Guild
Unrest Server, Human Female Paladin

Last edited by Droiyan7 : 03-21-2006 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Add info
Unread 03-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

You guys are crazy. 2.1 up already hehe. Thanks for the addition of the attack indicator. /bow

Aw, heck. You guys deserve a nana.

Unread 03-21-2006, 07:30 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Default ProfitUI 2.1 release

Ok, I took the bug reports and suggestions and already released v2.1 on the main thread .

aigor, sorry about the bottom bar, that's fixed in 2.1.

Xser and aigor, I'm sorry you don't like the way I moved the stats around, but I suppose keeping the old version is the easiest solution for now.

Xser, you know that you can assign a keyboard shortcut for /togglebags, don't you? That's why I felt the button was not necessary.

Pixi, the chat window is fine, you need to enable "frame and titlebar" to show the input line. If you set it to none or frame only, it's a read only chat window. If you can afford to reset your chat channels, just use the default ui_settings file if you prefer to set everything up. On the other hand, I added your auto-attack indicator. Not yet perfect for ranged attack, but still not bad (I might end up using the player bar myself ).

EDIT: lol Pixi, you saw it faster that I could post it here.

Thanks for your input Droiyan7 - I didn't put in your start bar since it removed the maximum setting for complex shaders which I use and because there's already follow buttons on the group window (and you can only follow when grouped). I took your unequip all idea and made a panic button out of it that /yell's and starts sprinting as well. Let me know what you think.

All, go check out the changelog, took me a while to type it up.

Have fun all. This should be the last release from me for a while since I'll be away for nearly a month. Keep improving the UI (or undoing the evil I wrought), can't wait to check it out when I'm back.
Unread 03-21-2006, 07:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Xser, you know that you can assign a keyboard shortcut for /togglebags, don't you? That's why I felt the button was not necessary.
Cough...Uhmmm....well, i play from bout 1 months and no, this is the first time that someone say "you can assign a keyboard shortcut for /togglebags"...
Soooo don't mind for the button

And btw thanks for the info
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Great Work

Thanks to you all who have made and keep this UI alive. I'm in awe of your time and commitment to this project.

Keep up the great work...

Lexerst
Crushbone
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:26 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Thanks for your input Droiyan7 - I didn't put in your start bar since it removed the maximum setting for complex shaders which I use and because there's already follow buttons on the group window (and you can only follow when grouped). I took your unequip all idea and made a panic button out of it that /yell's and starts sprinting as well. Let me know what you think.
It's good, I can't test group window yet, I don't know already follow buttons on the group window before your reply

But, I think reduced number of redering distance levels(250,500,750,1000) and make Tooltip of Toggle Buttons(Profit CC bottom and InfoCenter bottom) also toggled(likes Toggle Nightvision button) are still good idea. I want you use those idea.

By the way, I do another a bit change.
I remember orignal ProfitUI that my first meet(maybe v1.6 or lower) has Speedline Font Combat Feedbak. But now Profit 1.8 or geater has default font combat feedbak.

I try change combat feedbak font to Speedline, every method doesn't work except edit eq2ui_textstyles.xml.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_textstyles.xml (11.8 KB, 371 views)

Character: IspinSharle of 'WURI' Guild
Unrest Server, Human Female Paladin
Closed Thread