Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 01-05-2007, 12:19 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicMan
For the fetish command center, would it be possible to include the start button? the buttons with all the options which has "EQII" on it?
The Fetish startbutton is still there (if your not seeing it you may need to press alt + ~ keys), but I purposely seperated the Fetish version from being tied to the startbutton (other than having the command in the startbutton to auto load it) if that was your question.

I have no plans to integrate them into each other again. There was a couple reasons that this made more sense as well as better compatibility with Fetish.

Last edited by Krull : 01-05-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Unread 01-05-2007, 03:01 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Splitpaw

Was hoping for a integration of the startbutton into the command center yes, but of course if thats no go, its okay.

Anyway i love the command center its a nice little thingy =) keep the good work up!
Unread 01-14-2007, 02:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default customizing

Hi,
Love this mod, however, I have a couple irks with it.

I want the sliders and presets to be open by default. Could you tell me how to do this please?

Also, is there a way to change the names of the custom video settings? Like, instead of "Harvest", I want to rename it "City".

Also, you have given alot of info on how to change the default settings for the sound sliders - how about setting a custom default for the shader slider? I don't like it maxed out right when I log in, would prefer to have it on the low side. How would I do this?

Thanks!
Unread 01-15-2007, 01:55 AM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by voide
Hi,
Love this mod, however, I have a couple irks with it.

I want the sliders and presets to be open by default. Could you tell me how to do this please?

Also, is there a way to change the names of the custom video settings? Like, instead of "Harvest", I want to rename it "City".

Also, you have given alot of info on how to change the default settings for the sound sliders - how about setting a custom default for the shader slider? I don't like it maxed out right when I log in, would prefer to have it on the low side. How would I do this?

Thanks!
I made a startbutton xml file you can download attached here in this post that has the shader set to 30, the Harvest label renamed to City, and it "should" load expanded instead of compacted. This is assuming you are using the standalone mod and not the fetish version since you did not mention exactly which you were using (if you are using the fetish version do not download/install this file attached).

Now to setup shader value to the way you want, in notepad open Startbutton xml and search for the following code:

<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fonts.FontZapf15" LocalText="30.000" Location="62,0" Name="Shader" OnHide="Text=(r_fast_layer_min_distance) visible=true" ScrollExtent="30,30" Size="30,16" TextAlignment="Right">30.000</Text>
<Sliderbar Location="3,15" LowerLimit="-1" Name="ShaderSlider" OnChange="Parent.Shader.text=(r_fast_layer_min_distance) r_fast_layer_min_distance=(Value*15) r_fast_layer_min_distance=(Value*15)" r_fast_layer_min_distance="30.000" ScrollExtent="89,10" Size="89,10" Style="/SliderbarStyles.horz_sliderbar_gold" UpperLimit="20" Value="2"/>

The parts that require editing are LocalText="30.000" as well as this part TextAlignment="Right">30.000</Text> and then this part r_fast_layer_min_distance="30.000" and lastly the Value="2"/>

The way it works is the shader value will be whatever you have in the Value="numberhere" multiplied by 15. So you can see how it comes up with the 30 value (value = 2 multiplied by 15 which of course is 30). The other numbers mentioned you would want to change so they match whatever you value is after multiplying it by 15 (which of course in our example is 30 and is already matching).

So based on that, lets say you wanted 15 instead of 30 for the shader, simply find the code above in notepad and change it to look like this instead:

<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fonts.FontZapf15" LocalText="15.000" Location="62,0" Name="Shader" OnHide="Text=(r_fast_layer_min_distance) visible=true" ScrollExtent="30,30" Size="30,16" TextAlignment="Right">15.000</Text>
<Sliderbar Location="3,15" LowerLimit="-1" Name="ShaderSlider" OnChange="Parent.Shader.text=(r_fast_layer_min_distance) r_fast_layer_min_distance=(Value*15) r_fast_layer_min_distance=(Value*15)" r_fast_layer_min_distance="15.000" ScrollExtent="89,10" Size="89,10" Style="/SliderbarStyles.horz_sliderbar_gold" UpperLimit="20" Value="1"/>

Hope that helps!
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml (23.3 KB, 447 views)

Last edited by Krull : 01-15-2007 at 06:06 AM.
Unread 01-15-2007, 08:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Wow, thanks so much for your helpful and speedy reply, Krull! I know the slider thing has been well covered (tho focusing on the audio ones), but I wasn't sure what it would be called inside the file, and well, I'm a noob at this stuff and scared to mess anything up. So extra thanks for having to repeat yourself. you rock.

One thing which you may or may not know, but I realized as I was changing up the names of the buttons: Your custompreset files 1 and 2 are reversed (custompreset1 is actually the 2nd button, and vise versa)

Last edited by voide : 01-15-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Unread 01-28-2007, 05:09 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Permafrost

I really like your command center start button mod, but there is one problem that I keep having with it and a few suggestions that I would like to offer.

First, the problem I am having is that the EQ2 Start Button keeps coming undocked from the rest of the command center window! This is more than a bit inconvenient for me since it generally places it on top of a couple of my hotbar buttons. It will stay there until I run my mouse over the area where it is "supposed" to be, then it will wander back over there. That is extremely annoying to me and not something I like seeing. If I wanted my Start Button somewhere else, I would PUT it there! Please fix this!

Now for the suggestions/requests, if you aren't just totally peeved at me by now.

First off, it would be really nice if you would release a compromise between version 1 and version 2 of your command centers that contains the volume control sliders, but not the video stuff. I don't want to mess with all the video stuff, but I would love to have those volume control sliders available.

Second, since you include the Coin/Weight Display, even if it isn't the Milquetowst version, how about including his Milquetowst MiniStats, too?

Third, how about changing all those Text buttons and that bulky Coin button into smaller icon button, the Weight icon would make a cool icon button for the Coin/Weight Display, so they LOOK more like actual buttons.

Finally, PLEASE make the checkbox for the Coin/Weight Display and MiniStats Display work like the ones for the Compass and Clock so that when you check them ONCE to set them they STAY set and you don't have to click them every time you log on.
Unread 01-29-2007, 03:03 AM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad
First, the problem I am having is that the EQ2 Start Button keeps coming undocked from the rest of the command center window! This is more than a bit inconvenient for me since it generally places it on top of a couple of my hotbar buttons. It will stay there until I run my mouse over the area where it is "supposed" to be, then it will wander back over there. That is extremely annoying to me and not something I like seeing. If I wanted my Start Button somewhere else, I would PUT it there! Please fix this!
While it may be possible to fix the mod so that it isn't required to mouseover it is not something that would be quick/easy for me to do (or I would've done it long ago). Eventually I plan on moving the mod totally away from being tied to the startbutton (other than autoloading it), but till then I have no plans on messing with it. Sorry thats probably not the answer you were looking for but I just dont have the time right now and it will be easier to just move everything away from startbutton all together when I do.

Quote:
First off, it would be really nice if you would release a compromise between version 1 and version 2 of your command centers that contains the volume control sliders, but not the video stuff. I don't want to mess with all the video stuff, but I would love to have those volume control sliders available.
I dont really see the point, just because its there in v2 doesnt mean you have to mess with it if you dont want to. The video settings (except shader slider) do not autoload anything and do not interfere with anything. Only reason I would see needing to remove them would be for space, but since the window is meant to be compacted most of the time it shouldnt be an issue.

Quote:
Second, since you include the Coin/Weight Display, even if it isn't the Milquetowst version, how about including his Milquetowst MiniStats, too?
I've been debating this for a while (a stat bar button & window) but I am also working on a custom player and group window set and may do the stat bar(s) there instead. I actually had a group window (a mix based off Anakreons and Ger's) ready for release but since some of the recent changes it needs a few updates before it is ready.

Quote:
Third, how about changing all those Text buttons and that bulky Coin button into smaller icon button, the Weight icon would make a cool icon button for the Coin/Weight Display, so they LOOK more like actual buttons.
I do plan on getting rid of the text buttons when I redo the mod but I have no eta on when that will be.

Quote:
Finally, PLEASE make the checkbox for the Coin/Weight Display and MiniStats Display work like the ones for the Compass and Clock so that when you check them ONCE to set them they STAY set and you don't have to click them every time you log on.
The game keeps track of original xml windows (clock/compass/group/quest etc etc) but it does not work the same for custom made windows like a stat bar or weight display. While you can use/force a command to autoload a window in something original that autoloads itself (like the startbutton) you can not make a toggle to do so (its something that has to be manually edited into a file and loads when the ui loads).
Unread 01-29-2007, 10:55 AM
A Sea Turtle

Can you tell me how to effectively make those window autoload everytime I zone? I have tried adding the code snippet that Milquetowst/Darryl originally posted for that purpose for the MiniStats window, but it will work once and then stop working if I reposition the window and lock it. Obviously, I do NOT want a MiniStats display sitting in the middle of my screen.

I am comfortable with adding modifications to the code myself, so I don't mind doing the work. I just thought I would ask you first since it IS your mod.

Also, I used to know how to designate a rectangle to use a picture from inside one of the dds files, but I've been gone for over a year from this game and I've forgotten. So, if you don't mind terribly, please refresh my memory on that point so that I can create some icon buttons.

Thanks ahead of time for your patience and understanding.
Unread 01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Can you tell me how to effectively make those window autoload everytime I zone? I have tried adding the code snippet that Milquetowst/Darryl originally posted for that purpose for the MiniStats window, but it will work once and then stop working if I reposition the window and lock it. Obviously, I do NOT want a MiniStats display sitting in the middle of my screen.
First open the ministats xml file in notepad and look for this line of code:

<Page eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="250,250" Name="MiniStats" OnHide="visible=true" ScrollExtent="467,41" Size="467,41" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="false">

Then add this savessettings="true" near the end so that it looks like this:

<Page eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="250,250" Name="MiniStats" OnHide="visible=true" ScrollExtent="467,41" Size="467,41" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="false" savessettings="true">

I think that should allow it to save (between logins) where it was last placed.

Then to load it, open something like the mainhud_player xml file in notepad and look for the following code or something similar depending on if you are using the default or a custom version:

<Page actiontype="Player" description="Current player action menu" DynamicData="/GameData.Actions.Player" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="1,-1" MaximumSize="16384,200" MinimumSize="145,100" Name="Player" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0001/0001,-001/0001" ScrollExtent="145,129" Size="145,129" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true">

You need to add this in between it:

OnShow="show_window=(journals.ministats) show_window=(journals.ministats)"

So that it now looks like this:

<Page OnShow="show_window=(journals.ministats) show_window=(journals.ministats)" actiontype="Player" description="Current player action menu" DynamicData="/GameData.Actions.Player" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="1,-1" MaximumSize="16384,200" MinimumSize="145,100" Name="Player" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0001/0001,-001/0001" ScrollExtent="145,129" Size="145,129" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true">

The above stuff worked for me when I tested it anyways. It stayed in same location I left it both when I zoned and when I swapped characters (although you will need to set where you want it at least the first time for each character) and it kept its place when I logged totally out and back in.

Quote:
Also, I used to know how to designate a rectangle to use a picture from inside one of the dds files, but I've been gone for over a year from this game and I've forgotten. So, if you don't mind terribly, please refresh my memory on that point so that I can create some icon buttons.
I use Irfanview (freeware) program to view DDS files for picking out icons. You can visit their homepage or Tucows to grab it:

http://www.irfanview.com/

All you have to do is find the icon you like and then left click mouse and drag / highlight a square outline around it (you will see a pixel size as you do it, like 24 x 24 or 32 x 32 etc although depending on the icon it may not always be proportional). After you finished highlighting it you should also see a coordinate like 166,129. Write down the pixel size whatever it was and the coordinate. You will use that information when you edit your image source rect code.

Say that your information was 41 x 41 for pixel size and your cordinates were 166,129 then your final result would look something like this:

<Image AbsorbsInput="false" Name="ToggleRaid" ScrollExtent="24,24" Size="24,24" SourceRect="166,129,207,170" SourceResource="images/widgets02.dds" Style=" "/>

You will notice that your starting coordinates are there with the pixel size added to each coordinate (166+41= 207 and 129+41=170) for the ending coordinates (207,170) and all are placed together within the commas (no spaces). You may need to play around with the SourceRect numbers to get a good look to the icon.

The scroll extent and size listed above in the code would be the icon/pixel size that will be displayed in the mod. So with the above code it will shrink the icon from the source rect 41 x 41 size to 24 x 24.

Last edited by Krull : 01-29-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Unread 01-30-2007, 05:16 PM
A Sea Turtle

Thanks a bunch! That is exactly what I needed to know.

Like I said, I used to know how to do some of that and now that I read it again, it all comes back to me. Duh!!

I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to help out. I hope I can return the favor some time.

Unfortunately, after trying it on my system, I hate to tell you this, but I can't seem to make your suggestion for getting the MiniStats window to show up work.
Quote:
Then to load it, open something like the mainhud_player xml file in notepad and look for the following code or something similar depending on if you are using the default or a custom version:

<Page actiontype="Player" description="Current player action menu" DynamicData="/GameData.Actions.Player" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="1,-1" MaximumSize="16384,200" MinimumSize="145,100" Name="Player" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0001/0001,-001/0001" ScrollExtent="145,129" Size="145,129" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true">

You need to add this in between it:

OnShow="show_window=(journals.ministats) show_window=(journals.ministats)"

So that it now looks like this:

<Page OnShow="show_window=(journals.ministats) show_window=(journals.ministats)" actiontype="Player" description="Current player action menu" DynamicData="/GameData.Actions.Player" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="1,-1" MaximumSize="16384,200" MinimumSize="145,100" Name="Player" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0001/0001,-001/0001" ScrollExtent="145,129" Size="145,129" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true">

The above stuff worked for me when I tested it anyways. It stayed in same location I left it both when I zoned and when I swapped characters (although you will need to set where you want it at least the first time for each character) and it kept its place when I logged totally out and back in.
I'm not sure why my system doesn't like this, but it will NOT load the MiniStats window using this system. Guess I'll try putting it in a few other mainhud files and see if I can find one that WILL make it work. /shrug

Last edited by Sinbad : 01-30-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Unread 01-30-2007, 06:32 PM
A Sea Turtle

If you manually type /show_window journals.ministats in game does that load it?

Only thing I can think of is to make sure your ministats is named exactly:

eq2ui_journals_ministats.xml

and you have the include below in your eq2ui_journals.xml

<include>eq2ui_journals_ministats.xml</include>

If all that is correct it shouldnt matter what file you load it from as long as its an autoloading file that you dont have hidden, like player window, group window, xp bar etc etc.

Other than making sure all that is right I got no clue what else it could be.
Unread 01-30-2007, 08:36 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krull
If you manually type /show_window journals.ministats in game does that load it?

Only thing I can think of is to make sure your ministats is named exactly:

eq2ui_journals_ministats.xml

and you have the include below in your eq2ui_journals.xml

<include>eq2ui_journals_ministats.xml</include>

If all that is correct it shouldnt matter what file you load it from as long as its an autoloading file that you dont have hidden, like player window, group window, xp bar etc etc.

Other than making sure all that is right I got no clue what else it could be.
That's what it is named. It does load when I type that. In fact, I have a macro that is assigned to a hotkey for just that purpose. Could that hotkey or macro definition be interfering in some way? I hate to clear them, but if it works, I won't need them anyway, so I guess I'll try that.
Unread 01-30-2007, 08:50 PM
A Sea Turtle

A macro command shouldnt interfere with it.
Unread 02-19-2007, 11:17 PM
A Sea Turtle

I finally isolated the problem! It was a sneaky little file that had been hanging around from someone's UI mod that I uninstalled when I switched to a different one and overlooked it. Those extra files added onto mods can sure trip you up when you switch mods if you don't get them all deleted. LOL

I never could get the coinweight window to autoload using either the mainhud_player.xml file or the mainhud_clock.xml file, but when I stuck it in the mainhud_mainchat.xml file, it worked like a charm. I have NO idea what the system's objection was to either of those files, but both the compass and the mainchat files were perfectly acceptable.
Unread 03-28-2007, 01:27 PM
A Berserk Golem

Default Startbutton Command Center v2 request

Ok, I am loving this mod. It is just what I needed. However, I have a small monitor and precious little space so it would be nice if it could be minimized to a single button. Just a thought.
Unread 06-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Has this mod been abandoned?