A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Time to build my first dungeon on live.,,,

-= Therendil =-
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Greetings

since Gu62/AoD the cures & spells in group & and raid window wonīt work anymore. run the patcher.. same thing. Never had problems since yesterday.
Iīm playing on Valor with "EU-German" Version. May it have something to do with the fact that i donīt have the AoD Adventure Pack ? The Standard UI works fine, but thats no choice for me, itīs uncomfortable.

greetings
Unread 12-08-2011, 01:49 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Greetings

since Gu62/AoD the cures & spells in group & and raid window wonīt work anymore. run the patcher.. same thing. Never had problems since yesterday.
Iīm playing on Valor with "EU-German" Version. May it have something to do with the fact that i donīt have the AoD Adventure Pack ? The Standard UI works fine, but thats no choice for me, itīs uncomfortable.

greetings
I might have broke something when I was updating for beastlords in AoD. Will check it out.

Silat
Unread 12-08-2011, 03:18 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
Will look into it.

Silat

Edit: Looked into it. I see the dungeon I created in the dungeon tab. If you use loadui make sure you zone first or alot of stuff will not work quite right. If you mean other peoples dungeons you view those through the eq2 button.

If anyone else does not see their own dungeons there let me know.
Just re-installed the entire UI folder, not sure what caused it to bug out, but the problem is gone now, and Dungeons are displaying correctly.
Unread 12-08-2011, 04:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Default My question..

I have not purchased AoD. I ran Profit updater, but I am unsure if I should do the updates since I do not have AoD installed. If I update the UI without having the "expansion", will it cause problems for me? I played the game yesterday and everything worked fine except for being unable to view equipped items in the dressing room window. If the item was anywhere but equipped (in my bags, in the bank, on the broker, etc) I could view it.

I'm just not sure if I should update Profit at this time or leave things as they are for now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tylia
90 Fury
Test of Time
Butcherblock
Unread 12-08-2011, 04:12 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noviets View Post
Just re-installed the entire UI folder, not sure what caused it to bug out, but the problem is gone now, and Dungeons are displaying correctly.
Wish I could figure out what is causing these random bugs. Let me know if you find anything new.

Silat
Unread 12-08-2011, 04:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyrian^ View Post
I have not purchased AoD. I ran Profit updater, but I am unsure if I should do the updates since I do not have AoD installed. If I update the UI without having the "expansion", will it cause problems for me? I played the game yesterday and everything worked fine except for being unable to view equipped items in the dressing room window. If the item was anywhere but equipped (in my bags, in the bank, on the broker, etc) I could view it.

I'm just not sure if I should update Profit at this time or leave things as they are for now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tylia
90 Fury
Test of Time
Butcherblock
If you mean view the item via Ctrl- clicking it SoE broke that feature for the default as well so /bug it in game.

Installing the files without AoD should not cause any issues.

Silat
Unread 12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
If you mean view the item via Ctrl- clicking it SoE broke that feature for the default as well so /bug it in game.

Installing the files without AoD should not cause any issues.

Silat

Thanks for your help and I'll /bug the problem.

Tylia
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:43 AM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Greetings

greetings
I am having the same issue as well, also playing at Valor and I have AoD...
Unread 12-09-2011, 09:21 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

The xp bar for my Beastlord's Warders seems to be stuck at half full. I've heard others having this same problem. You can still level them up, but the xp bar always looks the same.
Unread 12-09-2011, 09:45 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seggen View Post
The xp bar for my Beastlord's Warders seems to be stuck at half full. I've heard others having this same problem. You can still level them up, but the xp bar always looks the same.
I've seen the bug myself. Just can't figure out why it occurs. The profit code for the warders is cut & pasted from the default ui.

Silat
Unread 12-09-2011, 09:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
If you are using the small variant of the persona window it is not updated for AoD yet as I got into beta late and have been working overnights every day since I did get in. I will get it updated as it is my personal preference but it will take a little while. If you are using the default or large persona window variant you should see the warder tab if you have a warder up. If you use /loadui you will not see the tab until you zone.

Silat
Question that may or may not be related....Is the large variant still available?

My current only options are small variant and default, and where large should be it says "do not select, this variant does not exist anymore"

I had been using the large variant until a couple days before expansion. I decided to play around with variant options and try the small one, but when I tried to go back to large, I was no longer able to select it. I'd love to have it back even if I need to download a standalone file and put persona on the ignore list for the auto-updater.

Also, I am assuming that is my problem. The window I prefer is the one that looked more like the original default, where there was a single panel with tabs to to switch between views. I cannot stomach the current one I have with default selected- the three panel monstrosity.
Unread 12-09-2011, 10:56 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatrm1 View Post
Question that may or may not be related....Is the large variant still available?

My current only options are small variant and default, and where large should be it says "do not select, this variant does not exist anymore"

I had been using the large variant until a couple days before expansion. I decided to play around with variant options and try the small one, but when I tried to go back to large, I was no longer able to select it. I'd love to have it back even if I need to download a standalone file and put persona on the ignore list for the auto-updater.

Also, I am assuming that is my problem. The window I prefer is the one that looked more like the original default, where there was a single panel with tabs to to switch between views. I cannot stomach the current one I have with default selected- the three panel monstrosity.
With the increase in options I was unable to add enough tabs while retaining legibility and ease of access to the old style persona. That is why it has the tabs down the side now. The three window version change is because of the merc stats being shown. I can condense everything down but it loses alot of the user friendliness that caused people to like profit in the first place. It also loses ease of access because you have to go to multiple sublevels to actually get to what you want. When I get more free time I will probably mock up something and see what people think about it. I also still need to update the small variant for AoD and since that is my prefered window it will get priority over the other non bug fixes.

The Large and the default are the same for the moment because I merged alot of the ideas between the two. If and when I get the mock up done then that might change.

Silat
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:26 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Greetings

greetings
Quote:
Originally Posted by atarico View Post
I am having the same issue as well, also playing at Valor and I have AoD...
Seems to be working fine on the US servers...so I'm guessing SoE changed something to do with the localization. I'll see if I can figure out more.

Silat
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:29 PM
A Griffon

Glad to hear about the small variant. That's the preferred format on my 1200x800 laptop screen. Is the default window bigger now? It now overlaps backpacks that used to be right at the bottom edge.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
Glad to hear about the small variant. That's the preferred format on my 1200x800 laptop screen. Is the default window bigger now? It now overlaps backpacks that used to be right at the bottom edge.

-= Therendil =-
Yes. It is bigger. I'm going to work on a smaller default after I get the small variant done.

Silat
Unread 12-09-2011, 08:20 PM
A Griffon

Okay. Just wanted to make sure I had not lost another part of my mind. There's not much left these days.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 12-10-2011, 10:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default ProfitUI pvp fame status bar

I have noticed and have not seen anyone post this yet but with the aod update and profit update for the new gu i have noticed that the fame/infamy status bar is not showing up. Has anyone else noticed this yet?
Unread 12-10-2011, 02:59 PM
A Griffon

Not a feature I would notice. Anyone else?

-= Therendil =-
Unread 12-10-2011, 06:31 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie06 View Post
I have noticed and have not seen anyone post this yet but with the aod update and profit update for the new gu i have noticed that the fame/infamy status bar is not showing up. Has anyone else noticed this yet?
Crap. I forgot about that. Will get it back in asap.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 12-12-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Unread 12-11-2011, 03:39 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk

Pretty sure you get all the changed files whether you paid for AOD or not. Unlike all previous expansions there really is no new content other than "rules changes" or extra game features. Those kind of changes are always patched into an installation even if you didn't get the expansion. As a consequence of the "no new zones" this is the smallest expansion download ever. It patched so fast I was concerned there was a problem at first.
Unread 12-11-2011, 01:39 PM
A Griffon

I would agree. GU62 included all file modifications as far as I know. UI should be the same whether or not you bought AoD. The rest is server-side logic to decide if you can see/use something or not.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Oasis

What files would I have to delete from the profit ui to make it so that my warder affinity bar isn't "stuck" until things get worked out?
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiene View Post
What files would I have to delete from the profit ui to make it so that my warder affinity bar isn't "stuck" until things get worked out?
eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml

Silat
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
A Griffon
Featured

This is the small persona variant. Therendil and anybody else who is interested will you please test and let me know. You will need the modified styles file as well.

Thanks,
Silat
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (220.8 KB, 351 views)
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_Styles.xml (54.9 KB, 329 views)

Last edited by TalTal : 12-11-2011 at 09:04 PM.