EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-18-2010, 07:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm having a hard time with my start menu (*) - it's positioned on the left, upper corner and i can't move it... has anyone figured this one out ?

i've tried Papabard's suggestion:

Quote:
<Window Name="StartMenu" alignment="3" alignment_offset="0,37" backdrop_mo_o="1" backdrop_n_o="1" foreground_mo_o="1" foreground_n_o="1" frame_mo_o="1" frame_n_o="1" locked="true" size="192,720" window_style="1" />
varibles will vary but you're lookin for the startmenu item delete that line. This will fix the start menu from looking all crappy without having to delete your other window locations.
...by removing that content from C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\"<server>_<character>_eq2_uisettings.xml" file, but once i logon, it's partially recreated in that .xml and the startmenu stays at the upper,left corner... (tbh, idk if that line is for the "profit ui icon(s) button(s)" or for the start menu itself...)

Any ideias ?

EDIT: I've taken a screenshot so to make it more clear.

(*) i'm refering to the "drop down box" start menu (/togglestartmenu), where you have all the options: Claim; Marketplace; help; camp; etc,etc.

Last edited by Keeper75 : 08-18-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:31 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper75 View Post
I'm having a hard time with my start menu (*) - it's positioned on the left, upper corner and i can't move it... has anyone figured this one out ?

i've tried Papabard's suggestion:

...by removing that content from C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\"<server>_<character>_eq2_uisettings.xml" file, but once i logon, it's partially recreated in that .xml and the startmenu stays at the upper,left corner... (tbh, idk if that line is for the "profit ui icon(s) button(s)" or for the start menu itself...)

Any ideias ?

(*) i'm refering to the "drop down box" start menu (/togglestartmenu), where you have all the options: Claim; Marketplace; help; camp; etc,etc.
Theres no way at this time to move it from the left hand side. Its hardcoded so to speak now. This GU totally screwed over mods and the way we had things. I for one am currently just watching forums and hoping for fixes from either Rothgar or ui mod authors that allow me to feel comfortable in game again. Like not having an implied target when fighting totally sucks even though it should work.
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Theres no way at this time to move it from the left hand side. Its hardcoded so to speak now. This GU totally screwed over mods and the way we had things. I for one am currently just watching forums and hoping for fixes from either Rothgar or ui mod authors that allow me to feel comfortable in game again. Like not having an implied target when fighting totally sucks even though it should work.
oh..okay...

Let's hope that this gets fixed really soon...specially the implied target...with this start menu issue, i can live...but without the implied target it's going to be really painful...specially, when grouped or when raiding.

Last edited by Keeper75 : 08-18-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hmm both my implied target and targets target works fine and have done so without any change, maybe its becouse i run in windowed mode.
Unread 08-18-2010, 08:04 PM
A Berserk Golem

My implied target works fine. both up top and in the little 3 bar. I manually edited the eq2ui_mainhud_impliedtarget window to remove the version="2.0" statement

And it works just fine now
Unread 08-18-2010, 08:07 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

This completely fixes the implied target window and the three bar window for both pc's and npc's.

Silat

Moved attachments to this thread:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14657

Last edited by TalTal : 09-01-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Unread 08-18-2010, 08:18 PM
A Griffon

well at least mobs do show up. NPC's being targeted though still doesn't at least from what I am seeing.

This is retarded as you said.
Unread 08-18-2010, 08:39 PM
A Sea Turtle

how do u disable the welcome screen again.. i used to always hit the big close button and be done with it.. but now I just actually want to disable it.. i know its in the code.. just never done it before
Unread 08-18-2010, 08:44 PM
A Coastal Crab

Ugh, what's up with the low-res, grainy-looking ability icons like the ones in target and implied target windows? Anyway to fix this?
Unread 08-18-2010, 09:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The icons look the same for me on default or profit. I don't think they can be changed. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

Silat
Unread 08-18-2010, 09:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
well at least mobs do show up. NPC's being targeted though still doesn't at least from what I am seeing.

This is retarded as you said.
I am able to see everything now in implied. I am unsure of what the error was or what would fix it though so it could still happen on different setups for all I know.

Silat
Unread 08-18-2010, 10:18 PM
A Griffon
Featured

This seems to have fixed the group window issue for me. Test it and let me know.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 09-01-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Unread 08-18-2010, 10:37 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Thank you for all your hard work on this Silat.
Unread 08-18-2010, 10:53 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
This seems to have fixed the group window issue for me. Test it and let me know.

Silat
Can you add the fix to the compact version as well please. Thanks
Unread 08-18-2010, 11:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Can you add the fix to the compact version as well please. Thanks
Here is the compact one. Let me know if it works. On a side note, holy crap the buttons and detrimentals on that are microscopic.

Done for the evening. Will work on more tomorrow.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 09-01-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Unread 08-18-2010, 11:16 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Permafrost

The group window is working...but i am still having issue's with the implied target.
Unread 08-18-2010, 11:42 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Group window and Implied Target Window are working for me with the fixes you posted. Thanks so much for geting these fixes out so fast...you are doing a great job keeping profit functioning.
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

im having issuse with anything locking.. my hotbars,windows..some will lock and others wont.. any one else havin this problem?
Unread 08-19-2010, 01:47 AM
A Griffon

Ran tonight with the files off the updater. Only two real problems. One is that the group window comes up fine, but when you leave the group or it disbands the window doesn't go down automatically.

The other is with the new experience window. It's probably caused by the new UI code, but it affects Profit. The XP window starts off as a full-screen-width bar the first time you log in. You can unlock it and resize it, but the moment it touches the upper-left corner it simply resizes itself to the full screen width again (which covers up the rest of the top-bar windows). It's possible to get it to stay narrow, but it takes careful maneuvering to get it against the target window, then slid up and resized wider by dragging the left edge. If you don't do it exactly right it keeps snapping back to full-screen width until you pull it away from the edges.

I like the look of the new UI for beginners, but it really feels like it was done with no real thought for the impact on any UI mod that doesn't look and work like the default does (ie. most of them, that's why we use them).
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:04 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

just to let ya know when you move coin from bank to yourself it wont work,you have to sort of click in the food icon area on the Character window for the coin to work all the coin icons plat,gold,silver,copper are effected .Works fine from self to bank just not other way .

Last edited by Ixoa : 08-19-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:35 AM
A Brown Bear

Anyone has a working 1920x1080 profile? Mine has broke with this GU, all is moved and the original 1920x1200 don't work for me either.
Thanks in advance
Unread 08-19-2010, 05:13 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
Ran tonight with the files off the updater. Only two real problems. One is that the group window comes up fine, but when you leave the group or it disbands the window doesn't go down automatically.

The other is with the new experience window. It's probably caused by the new UI code, but it affects Profit. The XP window starts off as a full-screen-width bar the first time you log in. You can unlock it and resize it, but the moment it touches the upper-left corner it simply resizes itself to the full screen width again (which covers up the rest of the top-bar windows). It's possible to get it to stay narrow, but it takes careful maneuvering to get it against the target window, then slid up and resized wider by dragging the left edge. If you don't do it exactly right it keeps snapping back to full-screen width until you pull it away from the edges.

I like the look of the new UI for beginners, but it really feels like it was done with no real thought for the impact on any UI mod that doesn't look and work like the default does (ie. most of them, that's why we use them).
Nothing can be done about the snap behavior of the xp bar. I positioned mine 1px down from the top and it stops the snap.

There is a group window posted a few posts up that fixes the leave group problem and it is probably just not on the updater yet.

Silat
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:59 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Easy fix for EXp bar location and it works.

Unlock window and move it to middle of screen
Rt clk and minimize
Slide right side to alittle smaller than the space it useto be
Rt clk on bar and window settings
clk button for default location
resize bar to take up space it did before
rt clk and lock window

Shd stay now relog to test

Mine has worked this way so far on all toons ive loaded
Unread 08-19-2010, 09:07 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshimia View Post
Ugh, what's up with the low-res, grainy-looking ability icons like the ones in target and implied target windows? Anyway to fix this?
Actually, I'm thinking that SoE is scaling the icon graphics differently now... My wife and I both noticed that our hotbar icons are really grainy looking too. I think we both use slightly smaller than default icon sizes on our bars.

Also,
Does anyone know if theres an easy way I can change the dressing room and the red-background pop-ups (like when you mouse over a mailbox), to be blue background to match the UI?
Unread 08-19-2010, 09:32 AM
A Griffon
Featured

When the server comes back up I'll see what I can do for the dressing room and popups.

Silat