EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-31-2009, 03:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default auto attack bar for profit ?

i currently use the auto updating version of profit ui and i wanna get the auto attack back cause act gets annoying lol
i am having trouble trying to get teh auto attack bar add on with this . can i or no? if so how?
thanks!
Unread 03-31-2009, 04:19 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

razieh kindly offered that his bar could be distributed with ProfitUI, I'm adding that in atm.
Unread 03-31-2009, 05:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

thank you ! i am now having problems seeing the auto attack bar after i updated . i dunno why but my friend updated his and is seeing his perfectly. im currently not able to see mine. help!
Unread 03-31-2009, 06:23 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

issues with it not staying gone when you turn it off in eq2 control panel
Unread 04-01-2009, 12:44 AM
A Berserk Golem

What exactly do you have to change in the file to get it to not show up.
Unread 04-01-2009, 12:50 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

Yeah Id like to know how to turn it off. There is no "x" on the box that I can see. I tried to hit the same button on the control box I used to open it and it didnt close. Is there another way Im missing
Vibeth Befallen
Unread 04-01-2009, 01:00 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

I can modify it really easy if GM9 wants me to, as it is now when you enter combat it does /show_window attack. So if he did not edit it, there is technically no way to keep it from constantly reappearing.
Unread 04-01-2009, 01:21 AM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Hi guys. I was just wondering if the auto-attack window that comes with Profit is using the new dynamic data we added in GU51. I'm noticing that when I pull a mob with a bow, it shows ranged autoattack. Then when I start melee combat it just stays stuck on ranged and often doesnt switch to Melee.

I also have a G15 keyboard and have the LCD panel on the last page where we added progress bars for the auto attack meters. This is properly showing my primary and secondary aa values, so I know the dynamic data is working properly. It just appears to be something wrong with the window.
Unread 04-01-2009, 01:41 AM
A Griffon

Yes its using the dynamic data, its due to switching between melee and ranged at the just the right time. I have a test window too, I can upload if you want to help me determine what is wrong. If all three are always shown, it still runs into the same problem, thus I believe its a problem with the way the dynamic data works. Though I could be completely wrong, I had talked to Zoltaroth about this and he changed the dynamic data so if melee is going ranged CANT be shown. I think its something to do with the server delay and you switching in that little window.

What I suggested being changed, is to revert to the initial dynamic data then change the visibility only become visible once they start filling up. That way its as simple as a OnShow event. Currently they become visible if you toggle auto attack, which if you think about it, can causes a lot of problems.

I would be happy to talk to you more about it using private messeages, AIM, MSN or what ever.

Last edited by samejima : 04-01-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Unread 04-01-2009, 03:33 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by primamezzo View Post
What exactly do you have to change in the file to get it to not show up.
<Text Name="ShowOnLogin">true</Text>
Change the bold part to false
Unread 04-01-2009, 04:40 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

...or for a temporary solution use the new checkbox on the control center which is now on the updater.

PS: Training through a zone I noticed that the ranged auto attack bar came visible when NPCs attacked me even though I was not fighting back. This was on a character without a bow.

Last edited by gm9 : 04-01-2009 at 05:02 AM.
Unread 04-01-2009, 05:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

After the latest update the autoattack bar stoped showing for me, it worked fine yesterday but not after patching profitui today.

it is set to true in the coresponding txt file.
Unread 04-01-2009, 06:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldarax View Post
After the latest update the autoattack bar stoped showing for me, it worked fine yesterday but not after patching profitui today.

it is set to true in the coresponding txt file.
yeah I'm a noob (forgot that checkbox events are broken if the checkbox is toggled via script). Fixed.
Unread 04-01-2009, 07:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks You are doing a great job
Unread 04-01-2009, 07:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ops think i spoke to early its still not showing, i know the window are there since i can move it and it dont matter what settings i use on it it still wont show
Unread 04-01-2009, 09:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I've uninstalled and renamed my profit ui folder, then reinstalled the autoupdater and updated... But my autoattack bar isn't showing up either.

Edit: Additional info...I don't have a checkbox in my pui ctrl panel either...=/
- something else possibly worth mentioning...I have to scroll over my bottom bar with the mouse to get anything to show up...once i scroll over it, everything shows up...

Heh...doing what i should have from the begining...A clean install (er reinstall...)...

Same issue with the checkbox and the bar not showing up, however the bottombar is now showing as it should.

Last edited by apesoccer : 04-01-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Unread 04-01-2009, 10:00 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Something interesting I noted with the bars is that with weapons with different delays according to the bars (and the underlying dynamic data) the weapons always swing at the same time regardless according to the shorter delay for the second and all following swings. Is that a bug or do I simply not understand the mechanics involved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldarax View Post
Ops think i spoke to early its still not showing, i know the window are there since i can move it and it dont matter what settings i use on it it still wont show
If that is the case right click it and check the opacity sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesoccer View Post
I've uninstalled and renamed my profit ui folder, then reinstalled the autoupdater and updated... But my autoattack bar isn't showing up either.

Edit: Additional info...I don't have a checkbox in my pui ctrl panel either...=/
- something else possibly worth mentioning...I have to scroll over my bottom bar with the mouse to get anything to show up...once i scroll over it, everything shows up...
Red line in my sig which in your case means: empty your ignore list.
Unread 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM
A Griffon

There are tons of quarks with auto attack(at least what I have learned from the dynamic data) Far as I can tell, if they are within roughly .3 seconds, it waits to swing both.

Also if you switch weapons mid swing your ranged delay becomes that of the weapon you switched in.

As far as the not switching thing, I have pretty much tied it down to this(tell me if it makes sense!). There is a small server lag window anywhere from none to .2 seconds, as far as Zoltaroth said theres nothing they can do about that(which is understandable). Now what happens from time to time is you can hit .2 seconds early, you do a combat art or attack and it starts the bar. Both of them are going at the same time now(technically), though because the way the dynamic data is no two bars can be shown at the same time. Your original bar ends, the second bar doesn't know what to do.

I have a few friends running my test window at the moment to pin point the problem even further.
Unread 04-01-2009, 01:50 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejima View Post
There are tons of quarks with auto attack(at least what I have learned from the dynamic data) Far as I can tell, if they are within roughly .3 seconds, it waits to swing both.
yeah, only that I'm seeing just the opposite, it swings both as soon as one bar reaches 0 (with the other one being at only about 75%). Not for the first swing, but for all others. Anyway, that's not a UI issue.

As to the switching problem, looking over your code it may still be from the time before Zoltaroth changed the DD as you explained above? Otherwise I'm not sure why the checks in RangedCheck (and MeleeCheck) are needed.

Also considering the strange behaviour I described above with the bar resetting before it reaches 100% that might just be where your checks fail at the <.99 parts. Have fun figuring it out, glad I don't need to.
Unread 04-01-2009, 02:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I fixed mine by loading ui settings from another char, guess i messed up the first one
Unread 04-01-2009, 02:34 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
yeah, only that I'm seeing just the opposite, it swings both as soon as one bar reaches 0 (with the other one being at only about 75%). Not for the first swing, but for all others. Anyway, that's not a UI issue.

As to the switching problem, looking over your code it may still be from the time before Zoltaroth changed the DD as you explained above? Otherwise I'm not sure why the checks in RangedCheck (and MeleeCheck) are needed.

Also considering the strange behaviour I described above with the bar resetting before it reaches 100% that might just be where your checks fail at the <.99 parts. Have fun figuring it out, glad I don't need to.
Ill play with it tonight probably and just clean it up(you are right that its before he changed it). Though that still wont fix all the bugs as there is still problems with the dynamic data.
Unread 04-02-2009, 01:12 AM
A Griffon

Dynamic data has changed a tad since I last tested(keep in mind I am a priest!). Though(HAVE NOT FULLY TESTED) I think the occasional hiccup is coming from some type of miss, riposte, deflect ect. Will have a new patch out soon that should fix most bugs.

EDIT: Posted the new files, it should fix any problems. SOME Misses are infact causing it to bug out, hopefully that can be fixed Rothgar Since it works the same if you miss a double attack I would also check AoE auto attacks, flurries and all special attacks.

Last edited by samejima : 04-02-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Unread 04-02-2009, 07:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Heya thx for the feedback.

I tried removing the bottombar from my ignore list earlier, but it only succeeded in resetting my bottombar. ;-) To reaffirm, I currently have nothing on my ignore list.

It has to be something i've done, because my 3 machines at home work fine, it's just my work machine here that doesn't work (when i say "it", i mean the autoattack bar not showing up).

Edit: i've now have about 10 things that can't be updated at this time...or something along those lines. Going to dl it manually and substitute the files.

Last edited by apesoccer : 04-02-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Unread 04-02-2009, 08:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

downloading it manually and putting the files in fixed my issue. Thx guys/
Unread 04-02-2009, 10:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Rangergasm. I really love this new bar samejima. I've been using ACT beeps to time my autoattacks for years, and being able to actually see how much time I have left is 100 times better. It's the PERFECT tool for someone who depends on hitting every AA on time, like the ranger.

/claps