Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 03-16-2006, 01:34 AM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default ProfitUI Reborn [Help & Feedback]

The title says it all. Let's keep the main thread as clean as possible and post all the questions/feedback/suggestions here, which I can then move over to the main thread as I see fit. I'll format this thing a little bit once we get the transition from the old post (and the even older post, sorry guys!) out of the way and people posting here.

<< Spiricore >>
aka Jiivin n'Groovin (retired)
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Unread 03-16-2006, 02:46 AM
A Grassland Beetle

You can find the Main thread for Profit UI for the download link, installation instructions, addons, fixes and so forth

>> Here <<

Please keep comments on that thread minimal or, more preferrably, non-existant and instead post here.

<< Spiricore >>
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>

Last edited by Spiricore : 03-16-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Unread 03-16-2006, 05:03 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

I have searched through the forums but since I don't really know much about custom interfaces my search terms were probably lacking so if this is answered elsewhere please forgive me and just point me in the right direction.

I just loaded up Profit UI and I love it. The only problem is the Chat window. For some reason every time I right click and select Chat Options my client locks up. Its a bit of a pain since its hard to change chat windows and I cannot change text size.

I am happy enough with the default chat window so I would like to just us that one. How do I use Profit except for the Profit Chat window.

I am hoping that going back to the default chat window will solve my lock up problem.

Thanks,

Siniac
Unread 03-16-2006, 05:28 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

Try moving (or deleting it) the following file from the Profit18 folder:

eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml

See if that helps.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 03-16-2006, 06:15 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siniac
I am hoping that going back to the default chat window will solve my lock up problem.
Sorry if that's a stupid question, but did everything work fine before installing ProfitUI? I don't think that the chat options window is modified in ProfitUI, that's why I ask (I'll check though).

Anyway, do as Pixi suggested, and please let us know whether it works. I'll be doing some changes to the chat window anyway, so maybe the next version will help solve your problem.
Unread 03-16-2006, 06:54 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Yup there is a mainchat file in the ProfitUi Folder. Deleted it and it sent me back to the default chat window. Unfortunatly it still locks up the client when I go to Chat Options.

Did it work before? Well at some point it did but I have to admit that I have not needed to adjust it for a fairly long time. It could have been broken before I installed the Ui but I am not sure.

Now since I am paranoid I backed up my entire EQ2 directory before I started fiddling around with Profit. I suppose I could revert to that to test it out. Or maybe I only need to move a few files to check.

Sin
Unread 03-16-2006, 06:58 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siniac
Or maybe I only need to move a few files to check.
Basically all you need to change is the eq2.ini file in the main EQ2 directory.
Unread 03-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

The next step I'd take is to remove any custom UI's and clean out all the .ini files. Make sure it works at bare-bone, so to speak. If that does the trick you can add Profit again (preferably straight from a newly downloaded zip to make sure you get "fresh" files that aren't corrupted by some hickup or other) and see if that's the reason you lock up.

Unread 03-16-2006, 07:03 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Ok I will try and clear it out, test my default and then reinstall.

I put a fair bit of work into moving elements around and setting up hot bars. Is there a way to save that so that I dont have to do it again when I reinstall Profit?

Thanks for all the fast help btw

Sin
Unread 03-16-2006, 07:07 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Well, there's always /save_uisettings but I'm not sure where it stores the info.

Most likely in your server_toon_uisettings.ini file. Do a save in-game and make a backup of the ini and you should be set. But don't curse at me if it fails.

Unread 03-16-2006, 07:16 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Ok working on that now. Doing a full file scan too just for good measure. Will let you know what happens.

Sin
Unread 03-16-2006, 07:22 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Well thats depressing. Back to the default. Click chat options. Lock up

Current plan is to delete the UI folder, and the config files. Repatch and see what happens. If that fails I may have to do a full reinstall oh the horror.

Sin
Unread 03-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Yeah, it doesn't look good - I'll give you that. Repatching the whole game from a fresh install is not a fun prospect.

Unread 03-16-2006, 08:03 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Well reloading the default UI fixed the chat window. Reinstalled Profit and the chat window worked. So far so good.

Copied my server_toon_uisettings.ini file back to see if I could get my window positioning back and what do you know. Chat options crash. Delete that file and it works again. So at least now we know where the problem was.

Going to set everything up again the way I had it and test the chat window every once in a while to see if I can isolate it but I am not holding out much hope. At least it appears to be working now.

Thanks for the help.

Sin
Unread 03-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Woot. At least you didn't have to do a complete reinstall and repatch.

Hope it stays functional from now on hehe.

Unread 03-16-2006, 08:28 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Good to hear that it works!

A quick explanation on the /save_uisettings command.

Without arguments it saves to the server_toon_uisettings.ini of the toon you have currently logged on. You can also provide a file path and name to save to a different file. You can restore those settings using the /load_uisettings command.

There's a default settings file provided in Spiricore's post on the main thread either as a separate download or as part of the 18f zip. Might save you some time positioning the windows unless that file is the one that got corrupted .
Unread 03-16-2006, 02:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Talking

I am so happy that Profit is back in the works! incredible

I have both a 2405fpw (1920x1200) and a 2005fpw (1680x1050) so i will work on getting some default ui settings files for those resolutions for the project

My only suggestions for this ui so far is

1. A tradeskill window like this - it is an absoulte must for hard core tradeskillers - was going to try the dropin tonight of it to see if it works
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4159

2. Add a follow clicky button on the group window next to the clicky cures

3. This startbutton http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4172

4. Maybe a option for larger effects window (not buffs but in combat effects)

Keep up the good work!
Unread 03-17-2006, 04:11 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Zervun, thanks for your feedback.
  1. The tradeskill window you linked looks interesting, although I don't see the point in having the buffs in the tradeskill window itself, since you can't use keyboard shortcuts for them that way. Also, I already have a working version of an expandable tradeskill window that shows the recipes while you craft (to be released with v2.0). However, I think I'll take up the idea from the link you posted to add a power bar to it.
  2. There are already follow buttons on the group window: Just click the number left of the group member's name you want to follow.
  3. The start button was already suggested by aigor. I'll check it out.
  4. Do you mean in combat effects on yourself or on the target? I actually love that it doesn't take much space, but if I get to it I'll add the option to make it larger. Should be easy.

Talking about the start button, does anybody ever use the different levels for complex shaders on Profit's button? All I ever use is the minimum or the maximum and I don't even see a difference between the other settings on my system. So I was thinking about keeping just the min and max options unless people are using the others.
Unread 03-17-2006, 06:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I actually pasted that tradeskill window in and it works perfectly (except for the fact it doesn't have alchemist buttons) - what I like is that in the window when you are crafting you can click on the buttons - but more importantly they are fairly large and you can see the refresh timer on them clearly since the hotbar hotkey refresh shading is somewhat soft - the recipes on the side are great - but I do love seeing everything in that one spot ie mana/buttons refreshing

thats great that follow is there! didn't even notice it

the player effects or whatnot at that small size isn't a big deal - I find though on the pvp server I pay alot more attention to what is going on to when my spells are running out on targets etc
Unread 03-17-2006, 06:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

And in all actuallity I actually like the fetish tradeskill window a little bit better (It's cleaner than the one I linked) but it doesn't have recipes on the side - it's really only downside - I don't need the clicky tradeskill counter buttons - just need to see the refreshing on them - which fetish does have
Unread 03-17-2006, 10:29 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zervun
And in all actuallity I actually like the fetish tradeskill window a little bit better (It's cleaner than the one I linked) but it doesn't have recipes on the side - it's really only downside - I don't need the clicky tradeskill counter buttons - just need to see the refreshing on them - which fetish does have
I'm gonna agree with that. I've been using the tradeskill window you linked for quite awhile simply because I don't know squat about xml and skinning - it would be nice to see something similar coded into ProfitUI. I could do without the counter buttons unless they were quicker to reference (the effects).

<< Spiricore >>
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Unread 03-18-2006, 09:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
I just downloaded and installed the 1.8f version and everything works like charm except, of course, one thing.

The map.

I grabbed the MiniMap addon and installed it. The problem is when I click the Minimize button to get the MiniMap, all I get is a black window with a few buttons on the top left corner. Any ideas what I can do to sort this out? EQ2MAP works nicely in normal window size and get the POI's and whatnot - it's just the MiniMap that is acting up and going all black on me.

Other than that, though, this is by far the best UI I've seen to date. I used to play way back when and only just got back into the fray since I wanted to check out all the changes. Keep it up guys.
Well, I have this problem, as described by pixi in the last discussion.

I have copied _FetishStyles.xml and _FetishStyleSamples.xml (from FetishMap pieces) in the main profit directory and <include> them in eq2ui.xml.

Now I have some minor issues like FetishDock or plugin_4 buttons but normal and minimap seems working without problems.

Hope this can help someone in some way...
Keep it up
Unread 03-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xser

I have copied _FetishStyles.xml and _FetishStyleSamples.xml (from FetishMap pieces) in the main profit directory and <include> them in eq2ui.xml.
Woot, that did the trick.

The only slight problem with the map now is when you go out of the mini map mode (and minimize/maximize to get it to normal size) the right hand side if the frame around the big map is missing. The map still works, though, so it's just a minor issue.

Thanks so much for the tip on that, Xser.

Edit:
Dyslexic keyboard /nod

Unread 03-18-2006, 11:40 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Venekor

ok love this UI and I am really really glad that you are working on this for us! I just downloaded ver F and I love everything but how small the hotkeys are. How the heck do I make them bigger? like the ones in the pic below: (yes that is a SOE G< trying to kill me )
[IMG][/IMG]

I have tried to do the resize option in game but my icons get all cut off and jacked up. Please help as xml is some weird language from the planet X. thanks
Unread 03-18-2006, 11:57 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathn2875
ok love this UI and I am really really glad that you are working on this for us! I just downloaded ver F and I love everything but how small the hotkeys are. How the heck do I make them bigger? like the ones in the pic below: (yes that is a SOE G< trying to kill me )

I have tried to do the resize option in game but my icons get all cut off and jacked up. Please help as xml is some weird language from the planet X. thanks
1. Right click hotkeys and chose resize icon. Chose preferred size
2. After than, drag edge of hotkey windows(it is common way to resize windows)
- If you can't find edge of hotkey windows, use F10 key, it will be help(for return to nomal, use F10 again and again)

It will really works

Character: IspinSharle of 'WURI' Guild
Unrest Server, Human Female Paladin
Closed Thread