EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > eXtremeUI

Unread 02-14-2008, 06:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Question about eXtremeUI EQ2 Henchman

I love your mod by the way great job with it.At the moment I play a Defiler
class,and alot of my spells are timed slows,debuffs,dots.Ive been wondering if there was a way to make the maintained spells in between my health bar and eq2 button larger, or rather not get smaller when i hit a certian amount of buffs?i tryed installing Othesus Maintained spell bar also hopeing that it would just give my second bar timers but for some reason i cant get any other maintained bar addon with timers to work on my second bar, basicly my problem is when i get to many spells on the middle maintained bar the icons go small and i cant see the time remaining.hopeing you could maybe help me out with a way to get what im looking for.

Thanks ahead of time
Unread 02-15-2008, 02:00 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Here you go bonzia, see if you like this.

Last edited by Landiin : 04-26-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Unread 02-15-2008, 04:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

First off i wanted to say ,Thanks a ton for going out of your way to help me.
I loged in and tryed it out right now .its sort of what i was looking for in the sense that it kept the timers on the icons by not getting smaller,but the problem i was running into was when im fully buffed,have dots.debuffs and slows up.Some things just arnt showing up at all now, im guessing you reworked it so it only allowed a certin amount of icons and the cutoff at the point where they go small and loose the timers?sorry im kind of dense when it comes to this type of stuff.is there anyway to make room for a second line but keep them at the same size with timers? or even when it goes to the second line they could still shrink but keep the count down on the icon?
Thanks agian and its late sorry for a big slopy post
Unread 02-15-2008, 09:28 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Hasn't SOE hard coded the number of buffs/debuffs/etc. that are shown in the window? I'm pretty sure I had some stuff affecting me even though I couldn't see them in the window (regardless how much I stretched the window). This could have, however, changed since I was last able to play (back in August '06ish).

/shrug

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzia View Post
First off i wanted to say ,Thanks a ton for going out of your way to help me.
I loged in and tryed it out right now .its sort of what i was looking for in the sense that it kept the timers on the icons by not getting smaller,but the problem i was running into was when im fully buffed,have dots.debuffs and slows up.Some things just arnt showing up at all now, im guessing you reworked it so it only allowed a certin amount of icons and the cutoff at the point where they go small and loose the timers?sorry im kind of dense when it comes to this type of stuff.is there anyway to make room for a second line but keep them at the same size with timers? or even when it goes to the second line they could still shrink but keep the count down on the icon?
Thanks agian and its late sorry for a big slopy post
What you are wanting is impossible for the small maintained window. You need to use the full sized one included. It should have all the info you are looking for.

When I made eXtremeUI I mainly played a tank so only cared about 5 maintained icons so the small maintain window suited my needs. Then I started playing a Troub and need to see mez, charm, debuff and for DPS whores Jesters Cap so I created the full size one (alt+M). There simply was not enough room to do this in the small maintained window with out making it as big as the normal one.

Last edited by Landiin : 02-15-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Unread 02-15-2008, 10:16 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowProwler420 View Post
Hasn't SOE hard coded the number of buffs/debuffs/etc. that are shown in the window? I'm pretty sure I had some stuff affecting me even though I couldn't see them in the window (regardless how much I stretched the window). This could have, however, changed since I was last able to play (back in August '06ish).

/shrug
yes, 30 icons is still the hard limit.
Unread 02-15-2008, 03:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks like i said i really dont know much about how the codeing works for this stuff ,as in if somthing is impossible or a easy fix =).One more thing i might ask you help on landiin is i dont mind useing the big maintained window but for some reaon when i try to use a addon for the big one it doesnt seem to work for the timers any idea if its somthing with extreme ui conflicting ? or am i just doing somthing wrong?
Seriously though thanks very much for your help its greatly appreciated!
Unread 02-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzia View Post
Thanks like i said i really dont know much about how the codeing works for this stuff ,as in if somthing is impossible or a easy fix =).One more thing i might ask you help on landiin is i dont mind useing the big maintained window but for some reaon when i try to use a addon for the big one it doesnt seem to work for the timers any idea if its somthing with extreme ui conflicting ? or am i just doing somthing wrong?
Seriously though thanks very much for your help its greatly appreciated!
Do the timers work on the big eXtremeUI one for you? I made eXtremeUI with addons in mind as I am to lazy to mod all the windows. So there isn't any reason an add on shouldn't work with eXtremeUI. What one are you wanting to use? maybe I can adjust eXtremeUI's current one to fit your needs.
Unread 02-15-2008, 05:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I found somthing that worked around my problem ! thanks agian for all your help

Last edited by bonzia : 02-16-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Unread 02-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

I checked and all the timers worked on the maintained window (alt+m) for me. Maybe we are talking about two deferent things here. The timer I am talking about is how long a spell has left until it fades.