Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > eXtremeUI

Closed Thread
Unread 02-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Default eXtremeUI Issues and Fixes

Post any issues here and I'll respond to any issued fixed here as well or feel free to start a new topic on a issue and I'll reply to that issue there.
Unread 02-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenesis
Dude i loved the way it looked in the screenshots...but when i downloaded it and installed it...it was all wacked out...do i have to sit and tinker with it for a few hours or what? or maybe is it cause i loaded it in windowed mode eh? anywayz help me out with this thing cause id like to make good use of it!
I've included several premade UI settings files and yes they are all made in full screen so windowed out will tweak them out of alignment to some degree. However it shouldn't be that far out of alignment that 15 min of tinkering should fix things up.

Go into AUCP settings and look in eqclient part. Select a premade ui settings.ini file and then select the character you wish to play. It can only do one at a time :/ click save. Then when You go into window mode you should have minimal tweaking to do..
Unread 02-14-2007, 04:15 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Little typo... nothing more

In order to fine tune: in the starting window, the dropdown menu where one can chose his character, the tool tip says "charactor" with an "o". That should be "character" with an "e".
Nothing important at all, but I just wanted to mention it.

[EDIT]It even says "charator"... as I just saw.[/EDIT]

Last edited by Kennin : 02-28-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Unread 02-18-2007, 09:40 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Everytime i adjust the space under the hotbars to disapear and i log out and back in its back to how it was. i have tried everything to uninstalling deleteing everything all my eq2 settings and everquest2.exe as well to restart the settings but nothing works. the hotbar meat is always right back there when i log back in. im going to jump off a cliff now see you later. I love being a fae.
Unread 02-28-2007, 07:02 PM
A Berserk Golem

Same problem here! But for one reason or another, I cannot switch to the standard UI anymore (or I am too stupid... probably that is the problem... )

Another problem, which is a lot worse, is that my bags are corrupted somehow.
I have 12-slot bags, yet I cannot access more than 8 slots since today's update.
It is the frames of the bags that have shrunk somehow, and when I try to enlarge the frame, there is no way I can grab the border in order to pull it open.
I will add a screenshot.
Any ideas?

[EDIT] As promised, here a picture of the bagbug... ( ): [/EDIT]

Last edited by Kennin : 02-28-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Unread 02-28-2007, 07:23 PM
A Brown Bear

Same as Ghost seems to be tied to the include files
Unread 02-28-2007, 07:54 PM
A Berserk Golem

What do you mean by that, if I may inquire?
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well I fixed it sort of, Just uncheck your command text in your chat options and it will stop the spams, not sure about the bags though. I carry all 32 slot boxs and havent had an issue with them
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:52 PM
A Berserk Golem

Thanks for the workaround already, yet one loses ALL of the messages in that fashion, isn't it? Like "user offline" when sending a tell to someone who is not online anymore...
Or am I mistaking?

@the bags: it only happened from today on, though. I haven't changed a thing, except for the update...
I've relogged twice, completely.
Unread 03-01-2007, 02:48 AM
A Berserk Golem

1. Is it normal that one has to empty the intire XML-folder (where those UI-files are located) in order to be able to download the updated files?
I got stuck on "Downloaded 1/3" all the time, just like last time. I made a "TST"folder now, where I put all of the XML-files in and suddenly it worked.
As I said: is this normal or is it only here that this happens?

2. The bag issue has been solved indeed. Many thanks for that! It was starting to get quite annoying as I couldn't reach important items to sell via the market. I am REALLY happy with the sollution

The "\testcopy" error message still exists.
I have turned off the command for now and thus it stopped the flooding indeed, but that does not solve anything. The message still floods in the back, but worse: one cannot receive other error messages either, which is not too good either...

Last edited by Kennin : 03-01-2007 at 02:51 AM.
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:25 AM
A Coastal Crab

hi i got past the bag issue by just deleting the bag file in the UI/extreme folder.

Thanks for making this UI, and maintaining it, I have enjoyed it for a log time.

One problem I have had for a while is that I can't get the Info window to open? Any Ideas of what I did wrong? I have tried unintall and reintalling UI
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hnct78
hi i got past the bag issue by just deleting the bag file in the UI/extreme folder.

Thanks for making this UI, and maintaining it, I have enjoyed it for a log time.

One problem I have had for a while is that I can't get the Info window to open? Any Ideas of what I did wrong? I have tried unintall and reintalling UI
You have to download and install the infocenter in order for the info button to work now.
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:41 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

I have no idea where that spam is commen from! It only seems to happen for me when I move the mouse over the group window. I'm off to search for /testcopy in that file, I know I didn't put it there so not sure whats going on.
Unread 03-01-2007, 07:05 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

I've scanned every file in eXtremeUI and there is 0 occurrences of the work testcopy or /testcopy. I even scanned the default folder and came up with 0. The servers just went down so I am unable to test more for now. It only seems to be happening when i mouse of the group window( for me any way). I'm guessing /bug it in game.
Unread 03-01-2007, 11:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennin
Thanks for the workaround already, yet one loses ALL of the messages in that fashion, isn't it? Like "user offline" when sending a tell to someone who is not online anymore...
Or am I mistaking?

@the bags: it only happened from today on, though. I haven't changed a thing, except for the update...
I've relogged twice, completely.

Yeah, you loose those msgs, like the confirmation you would get when you type /invite johndoe. You loose msgs that say "you have invited johndoe to your group" You can leave the Broadcast and Who boxs checked in the Command text chat options but you need uncheck Commands in the expanded Commands text
Unread 03-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Issue has be fixed.

(closeing up lose ends)