EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info

Unread 10-07-2006, 06:11 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Non-UI editing of texture assets?

Is this possible? I grabbed Blaz's vpk extractor and found the files I want to alter. However I'm unsure of how to make EQ2 look at the altered ones rather than the ones in the vpk. I was able to do this ~2 years ago in SWG but I don't recall what I did or even if it's relavent to EQ2.

Any help would be appreciated, some of these textures are really getting to me
Unread 10-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

99.99% sure you cannot get the game to look at custom vpk stuff.

1) You're technically not given the ability to extract the vpk files from the beginning -- they're not intended to be modded, thus one possible reason for them being packaged up.

2) The patcher checks the vpk files for correctness each time. If you could somehow manage to repackage an altered file in the VPK file, the patcher would simply say "File is outdated -- overwriting with current released version"

3) I don't think there is any way to specify the game to look include a specific texture over the one that is in the vpk.

But as a question to the OP... where did you find the textures in the vpk file, and which textures are they? (Also, could you attach the vpk extractor?).

I've been looking for a way to get at the 3D representation of objects in game (furnature, in particular) but so far I've been stymied. Basically all I want is a way to reproduce it in some 3D application where I can take accurate measurements.
Unread 10-07-2006, 05:23 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon
But as a question to the OP... where did you find the textures in the vpk file, and which textures are they? (Also, could you attach the vpk extractor?).

I've been looking for a way to get at the 3D representation of objects in game (furnature, in particular) but so far I've been stymied. Basically all I want is a way to reproduce it in some 3D application where I can take accurate measurements.
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570

Edit: Disregard this post I read the question wrong, but the extractor is attached (by you) in that post :P

Last edited by Talyns : 10-07-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Unread 10-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Indeed it is...

/foreheadslap

I thought they were talking about a different one... that one sadly doesn't work on one of the VPL files, a file I oh-so-want-to-get-into =)