EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Wish List

Unread 03-03-2005, 07:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Target Window Wish List

When I target something, I'd like to see its name, health, Its power, the current percent of each, and a numerical value for that percent. I.E. how many HP's does it have... If % can be calculated..then so can these numerical values. And I'd like to see the hardness of it with the ^^ AND an icon that represents how tough it is, and any x2, x3, x4 it may have.
In the same window, I'd like to see what my target has targeted..with same stats and name. All this in a simple no back ground, no frame, no freaky colors or texts, just a simple, professional looking display. Unless someone wants to add something like the dragon on the spell book, that is way cool.
Maybe even use the dragon huging idea with various graphics to represent the toughness of the target..like a dragon on an epic, a griffon for a heroic and so on...So far, the best, simple form target window i see available for download is Drumsui. It is sweet and simple. Maybe take his a bit farther to accomplish this wish list.

Last edited by zarrs : 03-03-2005 at 08:01 AM.
Unread 03-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarrs
When I target something, I'd like to see its name, health, Its power, the current percent of each, and a numerical value for that percent. I.E. how many HP's does it have... If % can be calculated..then so can these numerical values.

Actual health and power values for targets can't be displayed. The only DyanmicData values we get for targets is name, health percent, and power percent.

By the way, I'd love to know how you came to the conclusion that if percent can be calculated so can the individual values. An example: I'm currently holding a glass 66% full of water. How many ounces of water are in the glass, and how many ounces is the glass capable of holding? The answer is "I don't have enough information to tell you either, although if you give me one of the two missing variables I can give you the other." The problem is, we only know health/power percent for targets, so we can't figure out current or total from that. And even if we could, EQ2 seems to be rather finnicky about accepting mathematical operators as arguments, so unless the devs add DynamicData objects to display current/total health and power like they did for the player window, I wouldn't expect to see this functionality. (And I honestly think they excluded these values on purpose, I don't think they want us to know exactly how many health and power points are targets have)

Quote:
And I'd like to see the hardness of it with the ^^ AND an icon that represents how tough it is, and any x2, x3, x4 it may have.

Can't be done. The tier indicator (arrows) and difficulty icon aren't passed via DynamicData variables, the game automatically replaces certain named elements based on your target style option settings. You may have one or the other, but not both at once.

Quote:
In the same window, I'd like to see what my target has targeted..with same stats and name.

Doable, but I generally hesistate to smoosh more than one autodisplaying window together, although I believe some others have made mods like this.

Quote:
All this in a simple no back ground, no frame, no freaky colors or texts, just a simple, professional looking display.

Setting frame & titlebar to none and frame and background opacities to 0% in window settings will accomplish most of this request. And most target/implied target window mods I've seen don't use any "freaky colors."

Quote:
Unless someone wants to add something like the dragon on the spell book, that is way cool.
Quote:
Maybe even use the dragon huging idea with various graphics to represent the toughness of the target..like a dragon on an epic, a griffon for a heroic and so on...

That was my original idea for my own target mod, but I draw like a 5 year old, so there went that idea.

Quote:
So far, the best, simple form target window i see available for download is Drumsui. It is sweet and simple. Maybe take his a bit farther to accomplish this wish list.
Unread 03-03-2005, 01:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Eep white text (I'm using the light style yeah )

Quote:
So far, the best, simple form target window i see available for download is Drumsui. It is sweet and simple. Maybe take his a bit farther to accomplish this wish list.
Thanx!