EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 02-19-2010, 02:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Chat and Journal troubles

I made another post also but not sure where to post I think here after reading some of the things, anyhow.......

I am unable to type in the chat window, and the journal helper window is not updating the quest as you progress.

I deleted Fetish and went back to the standard EQ ui and I can type in the chat window, the quest journal still does not update so I am assuming that is on Sony's end somewhere.

I love Fetish and have used it for years now and wish to continue using it but the inability to type in chat is annoying, I can't even camp. I read the post a little further down and have done the windows thing and made sure the chat is inabled but still nothing, I deleted my whole ui folder and started from scratch and still nothing.

Any helpful suggestions, I can't stand the standard UI, and I'm not fond of Profit either. HELP!!!!
Unread 02-19-2010, 02:47 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Delete the eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml file from the Fetish UI folder and it will use the default. Doesn't fix the issue, but gives Fetish without the bugged chat.
Unread 02-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

No need to do that -- the up to date fetish mainchat works fine. Just turn the titlebar on for the window you want to type in to prevent it from 'hiding' the chat entry area behind the text.

As for the quest journal -- make absolutely sure you're using the 11.2 updated file for the active quest window. Then go into your journal and make sure you actually have some quests checked to follow in the active quest window.
Unread 02-19-2010, 04:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you for your response. I believe I did have the titlebar turned on unless I'm not understanding what your saying. Anyhow I'm on EQ2 players with them also so in the mean time I have totally deleted EQ2 and redownloaded and the quest journal still is not working.

As to the chat window issue with Fetish when I get eq2 reset back up how do I make sure the titlebar is turned on. I turned all the slidebars so everything shows, and I clicked the button that says always chat here is there another way of doing it?
Unread 02-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalemar View Post
Thank you for your response. I believe I did have the titlebar turned on unless I'm not understanding what your saying. Anyhow I'm on EQ2 players with them also so in the mean time I have totally deleted EQ2 and redownloaded and the quest journal still is not working.

As to the chat window issue with Fetish when I get eq2 reset back up how do I make sure the titlebar is turned on. I turned all the slidebars so everything shows, and I clicked the button that says always chat here is there another way of doing it?
Right click the window and pick window settings. There set the dropdown box to Frame + Titlebar.

Did you check your journal and make sure you actually had some quests checked? Also make sure you have the little box that says "Quest Helper" checked.
Unread 02-19-2010, 06:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Did get the chat issue fixed thank you. Yes it was the frame and titlebar drop down that did it. I've never had that turned on before but no biggie I can make it so it won't show anyhow.

The quest journal is still an issue though and I've deleted the entire everquest folder uninstalled and reinstalled everquest and it still doesn't work and yes I do have the little box checked it does come up in the helper window when I uncheck the box it goes away and when I check it again it comes back up with the correct kills and kills left like 6/12 but when you kill the 7th one it does not change just the journal itself does.
Unread 02-23-2010, 04:44 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

So there's a checkbox in the lower right to show/hide the entire helper, which has always been there.

New to SoF, there are now checkboxes next to EVERY single quest in the journal. Only quests you have checked off in the main journal show in the helper (up to something like 6 at a time).