EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 09-21-2007, 07:00 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Volume settings - startbutton related?

ive been bugged for a long time with this annoything thing:

evrytime i start up eq2 it loads the same volume settings, overwriting my previous changes to either options-menu or directly vis /music_volume /combat_music_volume

the thing is: id like both set to zero, im now using a macro for that, but thats.. erm... you know

i wondered, whether this was related to your startbutton mod with the volume thingies?

the other 'dirty' hack i found to fix my problem was to rename the \music\ folder. but unfortunately i have to re-rename it when patching eq2 is due, otherwise itd redownload the mp3s (expected behaviour tho')

can i make any change to the mainhud_startbutton file to always set both music volumes to zero?
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:09 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Try what is posted in the Customization thread, which is stickied at the top of this board: Link
Unread 09-24-2007, 07:52 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

ok, tried that now, had zero effect :/ (been restarting eq2 multple times since change to said xml file)
Unread 09-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

If you don't use the special startbutton features, just delete or rename eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml in your Fetish folder and it'll use the default one, which also won't change your volume settings.
Unread 09-25-2007, 02:30 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Sorry I can't help any more than suggesting the info in the FAQ but I personally use the default that I've modded to use the FetishClassic image. Looks nice and does exactly what I need it to do, open the Start Menu
Unread 09-25-2007, 06:14 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default volume settings built into eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml

In the current configuration of the eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml file you cannot save your volume settings.... below is the code i substituted in the file to zero out my music and combat music volume... the settings are static and will reset your volume settings each time you log in.
Code:
<Page LocalTooltip="Ambient Music Volume Control" Location="34,27" Name="MusicVolume" ScrollExtent="60,26" Size="60,26" Tooltip="Ambient Music Volume Control">
<Sliderbar Location="1,11" Name="Slider" OnChange="
Music_Volume=(Value/20)
Music_Volume=(Value/20)
Parent.Val.text=(Music_Volume)
" ScrollExtent="60,13" Size="60,13" Style="/Fetish.SliderbarStyles.horz_sliderbar" UpperLimit="20" Value="0"/>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fetish.Fonts.FontArial14T" LocalText="Music" Location="2,0" Name="Label" ScrollExtent="40,16" Size="40,16" TextColor="#88CCFF">Music</Text>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fetish.Fonts.FontArial14T" LocalText="0.000" Location="43,0" Name="Val" ScrollExtent="18,22" Size="18,16" TextColor="#88CCFF">0.000</Text>
</Page>
<Page LocalTooltip="Combat Music Volume Control" Location="34,54" Name="CombatVolume" ScrollExtent="60,26" Size="60,26" Tooltip="Combat Music Volume Control">
Combat_Music_Volume=(Value/20)
Parent.Val.text=(Combat_Music_Volume)
" ScrollExtent="60,13" Size="60,13" Style="/Fetish.SliderbarStyles.horz_sliderbar" UpperLimit="20" Value="0"/>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fetish.Fonts.FontArial14T" LocalText="Combat" Location="2,0" Name="Label" ScrollExtent="40,16" Size="40,16" TextColor="#88CCFF">Combat</Text>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fetish.Fonts.FontArial14T" LocalText="0.000" Location="43,0" Name="Val" ScrollExtent="18,22" Size="18,16" TextColor="#88CCFF">0.000</Text>
original code:
Code:
<Page LocalTooltip="Ambient Music Volume Control" Location="34,27" Name="MusicVolume" ScrollExtent="60,26" Size="60,26" Tooltip="Ambient Music Volume Control">
Music_Volume=(Value/20)
Music_Volume=(Value/20)
Parent.Val.text=(Music_Volume)
" ScrollExtent="60,13" Size="60,13" Style="/Fetish.SliderbarStyles.horz_sliderbar" UpperLimit="20" Value="10"/>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fetish.Fonts.FontArial14T" LocalText="Music" Location="2,0" Name="Label" ScrollExtent="40,16" Size="40,16" TextColor="#88CCFF">Music</Text>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fetish.Fonts.FontArial14T" LocalText="0.500" Location="43,0" Name="Val" ScrollExtent="18,22" Size="18,16" TextColor="#88CCFF">0.500</Text>
</Page>
<Page LocalTooltip="Combat Music Volume Control" Location="34,54" Name="CombatVolume" ScrollExtent="60,26" Size="60,26" Tooltip="Combat Music Volume Control">
Parent.Val.text=(Combat_Music_Volume)
" ScrollExtent="60,13" Size="60,13" Style="/Fetish.SliderbarStyles.horz_sliderbar" UpperLimit="20" Value="8"/>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fetish.Fonts.FontArial14T" LocalText="Combat" Location="2,0" Name="Label" ScrollExtent="40,16" Size="40,16" TextColor="#88CCFF">Combat</Text>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/Fetish.Fonts.FontArial14T" LocalText="0.400" Location="43,0" Name="Val" ScrollExtent="18,22" Size="18,16" TextColor="#88CCFF">0.400</Text>
Unread 09-25-2007, 06:21 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Looking at that code, just remove the Value="X" from the XML and it will actually save your last settings in game.