EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 10-22-2004, 10:41 AM
A Griffon

Exclamation SOE Posts on the advancement of character tactics!

Quote:
Tactics: Enemy Mastery

Yesterday we revealed how Character Traits help players build a unique character identity. You can also take a look at our introduction to Advancement Paths in EverQuest II.

Tactics: Enemy Mastery

Is your character a wood elf druid with a burning hatred for orcs that dates back to her ancestors' days fighting in Crushbone? Or a barbarian shaman whose forefathers perished battling against gnolls in Blackburrow? Or an ogre berserker with a deep-seated loathing of those scaly lizardmen contaminating the Feerrott? Then our Tactics system is just what you're looking for!

The EverQuest II Tactics Advancement Path lets you pick certain types of enemies for which your character feels a particular dislike. By learning about these opponents, you gain special abilities that allow you and your party to do extra damage against them in battle.

The type of ability you get will vary based on your character's archetype:

Priests gain the ability to weaken their opponent's attacks
Scouts learn how to make their enemy more vulnerable
Mages earn a powerful nuke that is hard for this type of creature to resist
Fighters gain a self buff that allows them to do increased damage against this creature type
These abilities grow with your character, so they will always provide an advantage against your chosen opponents. Having multiple group members with the same type of mastery skill will make your enemies tremble at your feet!

Here are the first three selections your character will receive:

Level 12 - gnolls, orcs
Level 16 - ghosts, skeletons, zombies
Level 24 - centaurs, giants, treants
Higher-level choices will feature increasingly more exotic (and more dangerous) types of enemies to pick from.

When you choose an enemy, you receive a tome that gives you background lore on that creature type and begins your quest to learn more about them. As you defeat these enemies, you find items that you can examine to gain knowledge of their tactics. Part of your quest will also involve besting a number of these creatures on the field of battle. You can track your progress toward mastery with a progress bar displayed in your quest helper window.

Choosing your own worst enemies is yet another way EverQuest II lets you individualize your character. Fans of role-playing will especially enjoy sharing tales of why their character despises goblins or centaurs. Other players will simply savor the tactical advantage these abilities give them in combat. With our Tactics system, the choice is yours to make!

--Moorgard
This is in relation to the thread that I posted earlier about this individualization. We all know I'm for what SOE is doing. Lets hear some thoughts from everyone here! Thoughts?
Unread 10-22-2004, 11:00 AM
A Grove Wisp

So does this also mean that the chosen nemesis creature would also share an enhanced hatred for you ? Like would it single you out from your group for it's attention first?It sounds interesting .Would also have to guess that eventually they would possibly increase the variety of Nemesis Creatures for the lower seasons as well(as more become available,anyway).
Am still trying to get a feel for what the GamePlay is like(waiting to get a feel on that Beta Key !~sigh~ well,there is still a chance ) in EQ2,but this sounds intriguing.
Unread 10-22-2004, 11:33 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

i haven't done any myself, but i swear this is already in game. i've seen posts about "goblin mastery quests" ect.

Unread 10-22-2004, 11:43 AM
A Brown Bear

I wonder if I can gain Tatics against humans with my ogre, my main (Ogre Beastlord) Grizmaster in eqlive hated them greatly, hehe.
Unread 10-22-2004, 01:49 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Beta 1

I've skimmed through everything about the character tactics, individualization, and the rest. It looks all very promising and it's good that SOE is actually listen to the chants from the beta, from what I've heard and read. Can't wait

Last edited by mistium : 10-22-2004 at 01:52 PM.