EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Closed Thread
Unread 10-22-2004, 05:50 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via Yahoo to Esperant
Default Still no SOE e-mail

Still havent received my e-mail from SOE. They must be swamped or something. I still think its insain they're going for that early of a release.
Unread 10-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Co-Founder
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I have resent the list to my contact, its entirely up to them now. As stated in the rules, It's their choice of when they will add you.

I have every assurance that you should hear something today though. But there could always be a problem.

/bow
Unread 10-22-2004, 05:56 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudane
I have resent the list to my contact, its entirely up to them now. As stated in the rules, It's their choice of when they will add you.

I have every assurance that you should hear something today though. But there could always be a problem.

/bow
but we dont' want to wait!!

thanks Kudane
Unread 10-22-2004, 06:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Reply from Sony

Haven't received anything either.

Arlonnion
Unread 10-22-2004, 06:33 PM
Co-Founder
Premium Member

Just In

All the orginally drawn winners (the first 7) should recieve an email within 24 hours with your CD Key.

The last 3, Shaeleene, Arlonnion, Stilletto will be recieving thier CD-Keys next week. (should be by next friday). I am sorry that these 3 were bumped, but when I asked about sending in orginal winners, none of you had replied yet.

I would also to take a moment to thank My contact at SOE (keeping him anonmous unless he wants to introduce himself) For all his hard work.. he has over FOURTY contest going, and he has kept us at the top of the list!

Kudane
Unread 10-22-2004, 06:43 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperant
Still havent received my e-mail from SOE. They must be swamped or something. I still think its insain they're going for that early of a release.
That early of a release? You know whats weird? I just checked the Gamestop website and it used to say November 15th for release, now it says the 9th. Strange? Yes. I havent heard anything official but that does sound damn good.
Unread 10-22-2004, 06:54 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Beta 1

Even mmorpg.com has changed the release date. Maybe on speculation of the release dates on ebgames, or SOE themselves. Who knows, I still think its not possible, why would they hand out beta accounts prior to 3 weeks before release? Seems a little wierd to me, don't ya think?
Unread 10-22-2004, 06:57 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

Yea seems very weird to me too. But then again I dont know, I've seen weirder things. This whole beta contest thing is going on in many places though, many different websites. Might be kind of a marketing thing to get lots of people to join a bunch of different sites in anticipation of getting into the beta. Who knows. Time will tell.
Unread 10-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Co-Founder
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistium
Even mmorpg.com has changed the release date. Maybe on speculation of the release dates on ebgames, or SOE themselves. Who knows, I still think its not possible, why would they hand out beta accounts prior to 3 weeks before release? Seems a little wierd to me, don't ya think?

they are working 24/7 effectively triple shifts... sooo 3 weeks is 9 weeks to them, sooo adding new people does seem so silly if you think of it that way.

but so far SOE has not announced the release date.. sooo its a "wait and see" situation.
Unread 10-22-2004, 07:01 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via Yahoo to Esperant

Kudane and I were having a discussion how its ready/not ready for release. I dont think thats ready... thats not me even wanting weeks for beta all to myself before release. Hardly... no, I think with all this new content they're adding and changes, its just too darn hasty. Along with these new character custom features they're adding... thats REALLY pushing it. Plus theres just a slew of other issues they need to address that they havent yet.

I was rooting for them when they said they would delay it if they had too to make sure they released the best possible experience rather than something not completed. I personally dont want another SWG experience!
Unread 10-22-2004, 07:06 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Beta 1

Maybe *and this is a maybe*. Say nov 9th is release date. Perhaps they have another patch that we don't even know about yet that you download on release. That aside, your right it does seem a tad bit hasty to throw a new patch on with all those new character indivs. and tactics, etc., then pack it up and ship away. Take your time, SOE.
Unread 10-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Couldnt this of been sent as a PM/Email to kudane instead of posting in the chit-chat forum?

If your post is directed twords one person (like this one, Kudane) use the private message feature.
Unread 10-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Co-Founder
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
Couldnt this of been sent as a PM/Email to kudane instead of posting in the chit-chat forum?

If your post is directed twords one person (like this one, Kudane) use the private message feature.
its ok Dolby, in this case I am glad someone posted here.. I been getting swamped with emails about this. this way I can cover them all at once..

hehehe

but normally.. ^---- what he said!
Closed Thread