EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 05-19-2022, 10:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default UI options not saving

I'm trying to disable UI elements like target and autoattack, but as soon as I target something, the target window re-enables, when I autoattack, the autoattack window re-enables, and so on. What could be the issue? It seems that my UI settings are locked from changing in some way.
Unread 05-19-2022, 04:56 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If you go to Options > User Interface > Game Windows you should see the checkbox for Autoattack Bar. For the Target window type /toggletargetwindow and /toggleimpliedtargetwindow which should hide those until you type the commands again.

If you are doing these things and the windows are still not hiding, check your game folder for the file eq2_recent.ini. In Properties make sure this file is not read-only.

Unread 05-20-2022, 01:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Turning off the autoattack bar in that menu worked, it doesn't show back up again. Target window still has the same problem though

If I have something targeted so the target window shows and then either type /toggletargetwindow or press the hotkey for the target window, the window disappears. If I then deselect the target and target something again, the window is back.

eq2_recent_ini is not read-only and I've tried giving the Everyone-role full access to it, but it doesn't work anyway.

While testing this I noticed other things that also don't persist, for example, the extended player window. If I have it enabled and then logout, when I login again it's gone, even though the Player/Extended Player setting has "Use the extended player window" enabled. If I then uncheckmark that option and checkmark it again, the extended player window is shown for the rest of the session until I logout again.
Unread 05-21-2022, 02:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

After troubleshooting, it's not DarqUIs fault at least. I have the same issue on a new installation, on steam or standalone, with default UI or DarqUI. It's annoying, but I turn on/off the elements I want/don't want when I login, and for stuff like target window I've put it in a corner and transparent as a workaround.