EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 09-13-2022, 08:43 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Send a message via ICQ to utaeladil Send a message via AIM to utaeladil Send a message via MSN to utaeladil Send a message via Yahoo to utaeladil
Default Full Screen Windowed Setting in DARQUI NOTIFY

I have used the Full Screen Windowed Mode setting inside of the DARQUI notify icon (and had it set on my dual screens to open on my secondary monitor as a full screen windowed mode and it worked great. Now I have added a third monitor (vertical, just for ACT and DISCORD) but now, when the game launches it attempts to go full screen windowed mode but the taskbar remains over the game. I have to use another in-game command I found long ago ( /show_window MainHUD.Browser.FSW ) and it makes it full screen windowed (but on my primary monitor) and then I can use the windows WINDOWS KEY + SHIFT + LEFT to move the window to the left to my secondary monitor and it works great. Do I need to change my DARQUI setting since I added a third monitor? I'd love for it to work upon game launch like it has for so very long. Thanks!
Unread 09-13-2022, 08:46 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Send a message via ICQ to utaeladil Send a message via AIM to utaeladil Send a message via MSN to utaeladil Send a message via Yahoo to utaeladil

And if this helps, my monitor setup was previously:

MONITOR 1 - MONITOR 2

Now my monitors are:

MONITOR 1 - MONITOR 3 - MONITOR 2

I'm sure it's just something simple with needing to re-enter some coordinates to let it know that the "2nd" monitor is now actually monitor 3, and even though its numbered 3 now (and was 2 before) I have always used that as my MAIN display with all my icons and primary hotbars... so it used to be 2 and now it's 3, so maybe I just need to change some coordinates?

Thanks again!
Unread 09-14-2022, 05:53 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Check Options to make sure you are not using the FSW setting that was recently added to the game. Using both at the same time gives unpredictable results.

The DarqUI utility gives you an option to move the game window to a custom location. On the Settings page under Frameless windowed client, click Adjust metrics. There are some examples for moving the window to a different monitor in the Help file (click the [?] at the top of the utility.)

If this is not satisfactory, you may have better luck with Aerlyn's MakeWindowFullscreen app. It handles multiple clients on multiple monitors, plus it will detect which monitor your game is running on, and will FSW the client on that monitor. I'm fairly sure it uses the same API calls as the DarqUI apps.
Unread 09-14-2022, 07:34 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

I did not realize the game has an FSW mode built in... unless that's the macro I use in-game to fix it when it fails to startup like I prefer with the Darq Notifier setting I'll dig around in the options and see where that might be, or if someone knows where to point me to look for it or check it out...

Thanks!
Unread 09-14-2022, 09:00 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

First button on the left, and it's in the first section on the right. Not at my game machine but I believe it's called Borderless Full Screen.
Unread 09-15-2022, 12:16 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Yes its there exactly where you said... ALT-O, DISPLAY, PERFORMANCE section, and BORDERLESS FULL SCREEN.

Only thing is, when using that option, the mouse stays inside the game window as if it were full screen. That may be how it was designed to do, or perhaps that is some of the incompatibility u spoke of since I didn't disable the other full screen stuff yet...
Unread 10-09-2022, 11:46 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

No matter how many different numbers I enter for Metrics, I seem to have no luck...the closest I can get is (on my 2nd of my 3 monitors) I have been able to make it look like it would be full screen, but the windows taskbar is still covering the bottom section of the EQ2 window. (I had it working when I just had 2 monitors, but adding a 3rd monitor I seem to be having trouble.)

My resolution on my first 2 monitors (my main one in the middle, and my 2nd one on the left) are 1920 x 1080. The 3rd monitor on the right hand side of the other two is set for a resolution of 1080 x 1920 (and I have it flipped vertically).

Could someone suggest a few metrics to try that may make it completely full screen borderless windowed mode (on my 2nd monitor all the way to the left?)

Thanks!

If I leave the numbers blank, it will make it full screen borderless windowed mode but it plants the game on my main monitor, which is in the middle. Then I can use the windows shortcut buttons WINDOWS KEY + SHIFT + LEFT ARROW to move it to the desired window. I would just love to have it auto-size it to my desired window upon logon. Thanks for any suggestions!
Unread 10-09-2022, 12:23 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

I have been playing with numbers all morning just changing and trying different ones. I MAY have found one that seems to work and do exactly what I want. I set my metric numbers for the screen resizing to:

-1920 0 1920 1090

I dunno why the 1090 works. 1080 still leaves the windows taskbar at the bottom.. so I just kept increasing the last number until it appears to be doing what I had hoped. Soooo I will keep using that one until it seems like its 100% working like I want... so far so good!

Thanks!