EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 08-03-2008, 03:42 PM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via AIM to uberfuzzy

if i'm at a zone page
(ie, http://maps.eq2interface.com/map.php?zone_id=44)

would i be possible to add a link somewhere on the page to take you to the search page with the zone (mapid) already preselected?

(ie, http://maps.eq2interface.com/poi.php?search[map]=44)
Unread 09-03-2008, 03:55 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Send a message via AIM to uberfuzzy

I'm at a zone page (ie, http://maps.eq2interface.com/map.php?zone_id=253)

can we have a new link "add a new poi TO THIS ZONE"

a link to http://maps.eq2interface.com/poi.php?action=new but with the current zone's zid passed in the url, and the picked up by the form and preselecting that zone in the drop down for us?
Unread 09-28-2008, 01:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default update 2nd to last named fight map message please

im at the halls of fate http://maps.eq2interface.com/map.php?zone_id=250

The south map portion lists Doom Lord Septimus fight with an error stating that he is best pulled with a pet cuz the doors are locked. If you do in fact fight him from behind the door its shuts during the fight and you cannot continue to the last boss. Everything about spawning him is correct, just the pull with a pet thing can lose you disco aa and and another named kill/loot/aa due to the door lockout.

Im new to posting here so sorry if I rambled or did this incorrect let me know, if you do use the info and want to credit me.....

Clergy Rezmojo <Legends of Faydark> Befallen

P.S. I love this map tool.
Unread 09-28-2008, 01:59 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clergy View Post
Im new to posting here so sorry if I rambled or did this incorrect let me know, if you do use the info and want to credit me.....
All info is user submitted, just click on the POI on the website and update the description (just keep it short)
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Customer Guild Hall POI's

Is there any way to have a custom POI file for your guild hall that could be downloaded from the guild website. I would like to put the location of all of our ammenities so new guildies do not need to spend lots of time looking for things.

Is that even possible if so tell me how and I would be glad to put it together, if I can.
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Currently that's a bit complicated, but we are working on a version where it will be very easy, so start making a list of those POIs.
Unread 10-24-2008, 09:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default When might we see something like that...

How should I format the POI file for import, I assume CSV would work..?
Unread 10-24-2008, 12:21 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

CSV won't work, but I can't tell you the details before it the finished version is released, sorry.
Unread 10-31-2008, 11:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

How is eq2maps going to work with the new expansion? SOE has COMPLETELY redone the map system and eq2maps won't work with it.. AT ALL
Unread 10-31-2008, 01:58 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

It works even better! You guys are gonna like what they have done with it.
Unread 10-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

I think EQ2MAP has integrated quite nicely into Shadow Odyssey's map system. The team has done a good job.
Unread 10-31-2008, 02:05 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thank you kindly. To give SOE credit they also made most of it easy.
Unread 11-21-2008, 10:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfuzzy View Post

a link to http://maps.eq2interface.com/poi.php?action=new but with the current zone's zid passed in the url, and the picked up by the form and preselecting that zone in the drop down for us?
I'd like to second this and add in that it would be nice to have as much information as possible prepopulated. That's pretty much current zone and location - not always true, but it would sure save a lot of time if I can stand in the spot, click add, and only have to type in a description. That zone list is LONG!

Zen
Unread 11-21-2008, 10:44 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendaken View Post
I'd like to second this and add in that it would be nice to have as much information as possible prepopulated. That's pretty much current zone and location - not always true, but it would sure save a lot of time if I can stand in the spot, click add, and only have to type in a description. That zone list is LONG!
Indeed, the plan is to eventually add that, the first change necessary for that was just done today.
Unread 11-22-2008, 06:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I noticed that the new mini map has no place to enter in a loc and set it as a waypoint like the old ones, and we now have to enter locs in the big map.

Is it possible to have the minimap include the block at the bottom to enter a waypoint loc like the old maps did pre TOS?
Unread 11-23-2008, 06:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Filtering POIs

Possibly I'm blind but I can't find the option to filter out POIs so that I'm only seeing the subset that I'm interested in. This was a key feature for me and I can't believe it's been removed.

I found the toggle visibility option to turn them all off (nice and quick, thanks) but is there still an option to say "only show me Quest NPCs" or the like?

Thanks
Unread 11-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottd34 View Post
I noticed that the new mini map has no place to enter in a loc and set it as a waypoint like the old ones, and we now have to enter locs in the big map.

Is it possible to have the minimap include the block at the bottom to enter a waypoint loc like the old maps did pre TOS?
I doubt it; adding more to the mini map would defeat the purpose of the mini-map. Use the big map or /waypoint command. The destination will show up on the mini-map. But as all suggestion we'll talk about it.

Last edited by Landiin : 11-23-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Unread 11-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by faymar View Post
Possibly I'm blind but I can't find the option to filter out POIs so that I'm only seeing the subset that I'm interested in. This was a key feature for me and I can't believe it's been removed.

I found the toggle visibility option to turn them all off (nice and quick, thanks) but is there still an option to say "only show me Quest NPCs" or the like?

Thanks
I believe the way SOE set up the POI system, we can't do that any more else we would of put that back in.
Unread 11-23-2008, 11:39 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes, and we agree that it was a key feature. SOE knows what we need to make it work again, let's hope they implement it.
Unread 11-23-2008, 05:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
I doubt it; adding more to the mini map would defeat the purpose of the mini-map. Use the big map or /waypoint command. The destination will show up on the mini-map. But as all suggestion we'll talk about it.
True, and each player likes the things they like. Maybe as a collapsible option, this way if someone dosen't want to see it they don't have to.

Thanks for at least considering putting it back in.
Unread 11-23-2008, 05:43 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I share Landiin's opinion, I don't think we'll put that in. But EQ2MAP was and still is extensible via plugins, so maybe someone makes such a plugin.
Unread 11-30-2008, 03:24 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfuzzy View Post

This is now implemented , but not as a new button, use the old from the dropdown
Unread 11-30-2008, 03:26 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendaken View Post

Zen
This is also now live , all you need to do is press the Submit POI button
Unread 12-01-2008, 10:17 AM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia
Default POI filter

Not sure if this has been requested with new map system, if it has sorry..

Is it possible to add back th eability to filter poi's like the old map had? As far, mobs, quests, locs etc. We had a button that dropped down a menu and we could select what poi's or all that we wished to be on displayed. As of now, we only have show or hide all.

Oh..one more request: could the Show All poi's on the Main map not be automatically extended? For example, the quest journal has the option of full tree or collapsed tree. A collapsed tree with the POI headings is better on open of Show all POI's IMO than a fully extended list of every poi in the DB for that map. I am finding that I have to click a lot of branched in order to get to the specific POI heading I am looking for.

Thanks

Last edited by depechenode : 12-01-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Unread 12-02-2008, 11:48 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Default cant se way points

Hi, im finding in certain zones (in everfrost at the moment) that when you set a way point there not visable, they just disapear into teh map, maybe consider changing the marker from white to red or somthing that would be visable on all the maps. thanks.