EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Wish List

Unread 02-03-2013, 07:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default EQ2 Crafting UI

I don't know if there already something like this but a better crafting UI

1. I would prefer an Icon with the end product side by side with the icon of the materials needed so I don't have to examine 2x to see what I would get. I absolutely hate the way I have to drill down twice to see what's made.

2. I want some kind of filtering by class ( paladin, fighter, scouts, priests etc ) trying to find items I can use on my pally that I can craft is a real pain.

3. it might be nice to search for things that use the materials I have. I sometimes have some rare item harvest and would like to just see whats available ( if I can't use it I want to see the empty list ASAP so I can sell it or pass if off to someone who can use it ).
Unread 02-03-2013, 07:29 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzpmrz View Post
I don't know if there already something like this but a better crafting UI

1. I would prefer an Icon with the end product side by side with the icon of the materials needed so I don't have to examine 2x to see what I would get. I absolutely hate the way I have to drill down twice to see what's made.

2. I want some kind of filtering by class ( paladin, fighter, scouts, priests etc ) trying to find items I can use on my pally that I can craft is a real pain.

3. it might be nice to search for things that use the materials I have. I sometimes have some rare item harvest and would like to just see whats available ( if I can't use it I want to see the empty list ASAP so I can sell it or pass if off to someone who can use it ).
Some of these would require soe to make the crafting system work that way.

As for the items by class thats already there. Search recipes then clone then select class or book or any combination of and save.
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Some of these would require soe to make the crafting system work that way.

As for the items by class thats already there. Search recipes then clone then select class or book or any combination of and save.

I don't understand this. Is this done from the crafting UI or the broker UI ?
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

IIRC you can sort by class by using a recipe filter, just scroll down to the class filter, pick the class you want, and there you go.
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:18 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If you look at the tradeskill window just above the recipe list, you will see a text box with an EDIT button next to it. If you haven't created any filters, the box should say 'Unfiltered'. Click EDIT and you will get a dialog box that lets you set a name for your filter and select filter options. You can filter by level, skill used, recipe book, and target class. You can select ranges with SHIFT-CLICK and discontinuous items with CTRL-CLICK (standard Windows selection rules). Click OKAY when you're done, and your filter will be added to the list in the drop-down menu.

For the specific case you mentioned, you would select 'Paladin' in the 'usable by' list.

Filters are stored in the game program folder in a file called eq2_recipe_filters.vdl. In spite of the odd extension, this is a plain text file with simple XML commands to set your filters.

I use this feature a lot. :-)

The ability to search by a material type would be nice, but that would require changes by SOE. In the meantime, I recommend the 'Rare Usage Chart' at EQ2Traders.com as a reference.

As for your other request, that would also require changes to the default UI by SOE.

Last edited by Therendil : 02-10-2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Left out some info