EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost
Default Draco'Kyn UI Support Thread (Current Version = 1.18.1, released 21 DEC 05)

Draco'Kyn UI Installation

Draco'Kyn UI Installation - Full Release (1.18.1 - December 21st, 2005)

-------------------------------
**NEW**
  • Live Update 18 Compatible!!
  • Consolidated many of the add-on's to prevent multiple downloads for first time users (Most notably, Silverfox's Quest Journal reskinning add-on)
  • Added Geniva's "SlimProfit" Maintained Spells window
  • Completely replaced the loadscreens to eliminate the "stretched" graphics from the previous version
  • Made cosmetic changes to the Knowledge book

Support
** The current discussion thread for this UI can be found at the link below - it's located in the Release area of the Interface Forums on the EQ2Interface.com site. **

Draco'Kyn UI Support Requests & Notes

** The support forums for the EQ2Map mod can be found on the EQ2Interface.com site as well. **

Fixes
  • NOTE: Changed the numbering system I use for releases. For example, this is release 1.18.1 - First digit (1) indicates major release version. 2nd digits (18) indicate last LU the UI was tested to be compatible with. Last number (1) is the number of times it's been patched since the last live update.
  • 21 December 2005 - Updated UI to be LU 18 compatible
  • 18 December 2005 - Added the option to have a target bar without the orbs
  • 03 December 2005 - Updated UI to be LU 17 compatible

Installation notes
Often, installing a new UI, or upgrading an existing UI will cause certain windows to move around a bit, and sometimes "disappear". Also, remember that F10 cycles through the HUD modes, and if inadvertantly bumped, can cause your UI to disappear. Following is a list of some of the common "hotkeys" used to make windows visible / invisible.

Clock Window = <ALT> C
Compass Window = <ALT> N
Group Window = <ALT> G
Raid Window = <ALT> R
Guild Window = U
Hotkey Window = <ALT> H
Maintained Spells Window = <ALT> M
Options Menu = <ALT> O
Player Window = <ALT> U
Effects Window = <ALT> E
Quest Journal = J
Quest Helper Window = <ALT> J
Target Window = <ALT> T

If all else fails, I've included 3 "default" character .ini files that can be used to reset the default locations. Please note, using these may cause the loss of any custom chat channels, so I recommend them as a last resort. They are contained within the INI folder of the install instructions, with a README.txt file for installation.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Install UI And any additional Options Before you install the EQ2Map. Once the UI is installed, make sure you run the EQ2Map installer PRIOR to running EQ2 for the first time, or you'll have a ton of UI errors!!!

Right Click Dracokyn.zip, and extract the files someplace easy to find. Popular places include the desktop, or directly into your ...\EverQuest II\UI directory. Next, we'll move the files you extracted to the proper locations.

Make sure to place the eq2.ini file into your EQ2 directory. (This controls the UI that loads upon startup)

Under the UI Folder of your EverQuest II directory, copy the Dracokyn folder you unzipped.

EQ2Map Installation

After you've copied the folder and eq2.ini file to the proper locations, simply run the EQ2MAP-Updater-1.0.6-Setup.exe file, which is located inside the Dracokyn folder. Make sure the first time you run the Map Auto-Updater that you click the "options" button, and that the UI folder and Everquest II game directories are selected properly. Taco's done a great job with it, and it should auto-update. If you have any problems with EQ2Map, visit the link below.

EQ2Map Troubleshooting & Installation.

UI Options
1) To change the "fill" color of the Arcane Orb casting window or enable the default casting bar:
  1. Go to your UI\Dracokyn\images\Arcane folder
  2. Rename Orb-purp.dds to Orb-red.dds (this way, you can switch it back later), as well as Orb-purp-2.dds to Orb-red-2.dds
  3. Orb colors to choose from are blue, green, grey, purple, or red. (Orb-XXX.dds) The default is set to red.
  4. Rename the colored orbs (both Orb-XXXX.dds and Orb-XXXX-2.dds) of your choice to Orb-purp.dds MAKE SURE TO RENAME BOTH THE STANDARD AND -2 files.... otherwise, only one side of your target bar orbs will change color.
  5. If you want the default style casting bar to come up, rename the eq2ui_mainhud_casting.xml file in the dracokyn folder to eq2ui_mainhud_casting-OFF.xml
  6. If you want to disable the orbs on the sides of the target window, rename eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_target-CAST.xml, and then rename eq2ui_mainhud_target-NOCAST.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml

2) If you want to change the target consider system:
  1. While in game, type /con_version 0 for Detailed consider system, and /con_version 1 for the Simple consider system (from within the game)

3) If you want the UI while zoning:
  1. Rename eq2ui_hud_zoning-OFF.xml to eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml (**NOTE** Buggy with resolutions over 1024 x 768 at the moment - images appear off-centered while zoning)

4) If you want scroll arrows on your hotkey bar:
  1. Go to your UI\Dracokyn folder, and rename eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey-NOSCROLL.xml
  2. Rename eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey-BANKS.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml

5) To disable the quest journal modification:[list=1][*]In the UI\Dracokyn folder, reþame eq2ui_journals_quest.xml to eq2ui_journals_quest-OFF.xml
[¿list]

6) If you want the older version Playeâ window (with tøe %'s over the bars):
  1. In the UI\Dracokyn folder, rename eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_player-NEW.xml
  2. Rename eq2ui_mainhud_player-OLD.xml to eq2ui_ýainhud_player.xml

7¹ To remove the orbs from the Target / Implied Target bar:[list=1][*]In the UI\Dracokyn folder, rename eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_target-ORBS.xml[*] Rename eq2ui_mainhud_target-NO-ORBS.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml
[/lùst]

Credits:

* T. King, for his wonderful artwork, especially the Arcane Orb, used so heavily here.
* Beastnic, for his Celtic chat window borders.
* Kuvasie for creating the original Arcane Orb player and group windows (circa EQ1).
* Zonx and DBurgdorf for inspiring me to rip apart their compass and cloók windows, and put 'em back together
* Valdacil, for his great work on the quest journal, that xSilverfox further improved upon
* Drumstix, for creating a working version of the "UI while zoning mod", that I * further bastarized.
* The entire EQ2Interface community, for the support and encouragemõnt
* Fenix, for compiling the first version of this UI

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 12-22-2005 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Inserted notes
Unread 11-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Version 1.17.1 posted today!! (December 3rd, 2005)

Known Issues: (Current as of 3 DEC 05)
  1. Initial upload of this version was missing some graphics files for the right side casting orb on the target bar. -- RESOLVED on 4 December 2005 (The current download file has the missing files, apologies to all.)
  2. Store Window is displaying a black block instead of the correct background when something is sold. (Reported when zoning into your player housing)
  3. Knowledge book combat arts and spells may need to be re-sorted (unsure why, appears as though Sony changed some of the hard coding) to make all the spells / combat arts reappear.

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 12-04-2005 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Known Issues update
Unread 11-12-2005, 08:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default cool

i found another problem too, (srry i didnt post here to begin with) How do i enable the scroll key to scroll through the hotkey bars, also i noticed that the skills book only has a first and last tab and not a next and previous tab.

Also, realeting to my first post. I ment that there was no plus on the HUD for Tradeskill lvl . On the personal orb it has your adventure lvl listed in the upper left but no tradeskill.

Btw, The update is great thanks for all the work.

Also, will the T. King Necro MOD be able to be used with this UI.
Unread 11-12-2005, 08:56 PM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

as far as i know T. King him self is making the necro mod and i believe its gonna be a complete set so there gonna be 2 completely different sets
Unread 11-12-2005, 09:39 PM
A Brown Bear

Default great

I just have a few alts that are primarily crafters thats why i noticed that.
Unread 11-13-2005, 12:38 AM
A Brown Bear

Yeah you rule
Unread 11-13-2005, 08:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

This is the 3rd interface I've tried and it is by far the best! A few questions:

1. I seem to be unable to get the clock to show? ...maybe I'm doing something wrong
2. Is it possible to add a mini-map functionality?

Again..awesome job! Thanks!

Fersnizzle on Lavastorm
Unread 11-13-2005, 10:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Default mini clock

is Alt C not working? Or is it not working from you options page, or both?
Unread 11-13-2005, 11:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Runnyeye
Send a message via ICQ to Enna Re Send a message via AIM to Enna Re Send a message via MSN to Enna Re

By Far the best piece of work I have seen yet on EQ2. No complaints works great!

The only issue I have and it is not with the UI itself, is repositioning the letterbox. I have read the threads here and have tried several of the options suggested but none work quite like I want.

I know the /viewport command does not exist in EQ2 as it did in EQ but maybe there is somethign similiar? If there were that would solve all my problems and I would be in UI Heaven!

A big big THANK YOU for all your hard work!
Unread 11-13-2005, 01:37 PM
A Griffawn

Default Nice Work

I really like the art work that you have put in this UI.
I tried this UI, liked it, but in the end had to go back to Fetish Nightfall due to lack of a few things. This UI relies heavily on default windows by SoE. The lack of a store find it button is now a days just unacceptable for those of us who do a lot of selling.
I also didn't like that if I wanted to add in a piece or two of other peoples mods, it makes EQ2 crash using this UI.
I like your idea and theme here, but have to stay with something that is both 100% up to playability standards and is as well visually appealing.

Drunador
Unread 11-13-2005, 02:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Got the clock...Thanks!

Outstanding UI!
Unread 11-13-2005, 06:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Knowledge Book

Well I redownloaded the complete and even put it on a few others comps.

Still dont have a next or pervious tab for the skill book. Is there a keyboard command to do this instead of using a mouse?
Unread 11-13-2005, 07:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Runnyeye
Send a message via ICQ to Enna Re Send a message via AIM to Enna Re Send a message via MSN to Enna Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfgyr
Actually, this is one of the things you can do from in-game. Go to your start button, Options Menu, then the Display Tab.

2nd Item down is Widescreen Letterbox, where you can adjust the thickness of the border (or remove it entirely), and toggle the gold border along it's edge on and off.

You are indeed correct, there's no /viewport command, and no equivalent as of yet. :\

Hope that helps out!!

Wulfy
I apologize for not being more clear. Yes I am aware of the letterbox toggle in the options menu... What I want is to adjust the viewable area to my specifications...

I.E. - full screen except on bottom without loosing any viewable area... when you resize using the letterbox option you loose viewable area... /sigh.

You did answer my question tho.. NO equivalent of the /viewport command...

Thanks again for being on top of things... fabulous work!
Unread 11-14-2005, 09:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Great looking and functional UI, I am having one problem though. The start button never showed up in the default install. Using the in game command alt ` didn't bring the start button up either. I have tried to install a custom start button but no matter what I do the start button will not appear for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Unread 11-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

One other quick note - Drunador, were you talking about store, merchant, or broker windows in your post?

I'm thinking about re-skinning the Fetish MarketXchange window, something similar to Valdacil's version of it, perhaps.

Wulfy
Unread 11-14-2005, 10:13 AM
A Griffawn

[quote=Wulfgyr]Ok, not sure where you had this happen.... as far as I know, it should be compatible with most other mods, as long as it's not a complete interface. The times I've asked if people were using other mods, was to see if I'd have to get a copy of that piece as well, to ensure there were no conflicts.

I tried putting in a Journal mod and a recipe mod. The recipe mod said to add some lines to the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file, which I know how to do as I have done it with my Fetish Nightfall. But your UI does not have this file, so I think that is why it crashed on me with that mod. I took it out though and the UI continued to crash EQ2 with the Journal mod in.
See I like to have Heritage Quest info available to me with in the game, so I don't have to alt-tab out to access say Ogamings database. This I find is handy for helping fellow players out when they have questions about a given quest and need help. The other nice thing to have is Tier harvest info. I know a lot of people probably just memorize the stuff, but I don't. Call me lazy.
At first glance when I loaded into game with your UI I thought, where the heck is my XP bar? LOL I then noticed it was on the orb you made. Nice work btw.

I know that with your continued efforts, this UI will shine.
Please don't let me deter you from continuing to work on this UI. I think there can never be enough UI's out there, as everyone likes different things and game setups.

Take care and safe adventures to you and yours.

Drunador
Level 50 Mystic
Tyrants of Rage Guild
Faydark Server
Unread 11-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Ah, and a fellow mystic, too!

True, my UI doesn't use a mainhud file, I try to minimize the files I use for modding, so it doesn't break (or at least not drastically, lol) after patches.

Try this - copy the mainhud.xml file from your default directory into whatever you're using as a custom folder, and then apply the recipe and journal mods.

That way, EQ2 won't overwrite the mainhud.xml file in the default directory when it patches itself, it'll just use the one in the custom UI folder. If that doesn't work, just shoot me a PM with what recipe and journal mods you're usin', and I'll take a peek at 'em.

Wulfy
Unread 11-14-2005, 10:50 AM
A Griffawn

Default Wow, your quick to respond! LOL

That was an amazingly quick response.
Ok, will try your idea. Not sure what that is gonna do to the UI, but what the heck. Worth a shot.

The quest journal I was using is this one, but I was using the one skinned for Fetish I think, but is same mod basically. -- > http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3860

The recipe mod was this one --> http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4058

I was using it prior to this newest release he just did.

Not sure why the Journal mod would break your UI. Maybe you can figure that one out. LOL.

I am also a Level 36 Tailor btw. So the Tradeskill mod is indeed a handy thing to have, though there is a thing or two I dont like about it, but one can't have everything. Hehe.

My server is down for another hour or so, but will try your UI with your idea of putting in the file(s) and see if that works when the server is back up.

Drunador
Unread 11-14-2005, 11:19 AM
A Griffawn

Default Yess!!!

That worked nicely sir.
I did as you suggested and copied the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file, midified it accordingly and it works. Now to put in the Journal mod and see if it still works. I am so hoping so.

Drunador
Unread 11-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Looks like that particular journal mod may have some issues atm -

Mebbe Valdacil's mod ( http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4089 ) will do the trick?
Unread 11-14-2005, 11:35 AM
A Griffawn

Default Funny you mention that..

I just put in the one you suggested actually and it works fine. I put in more of same authors stuff too, like bank and merchant/store and also works!!!

Me so happy!!!

Drunador
Unread 11-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Glad it worked for ya! I'm actually lookin' at his quest mod right now, and I think I'm gonna make a few minor tweaks to the frame of it, those double bars that stop / start up top are really distracting to me. :P

Wulfy
Unread 11-14-2005, 01:26 PM
A Griffawn

Default Umm, request #.....

I would like to see a couple things put into this UI.
#1 has got to be the progress bar when you cast a spell or harvest something.
While yours shows the name of what action I am doing, I cant see the progress bar I am used to seeing.
I did check my Options and it is setup to show said pop up msg.

2nd I think would be a bag bar. I hope you know what I mean, not sure how to describe it.

3rd would be a persona bar similar to Zonx's fetish one. I like being able to see my weight and my money at a glance without having to hit I for Inventory.

Guess thats all for now. I will keep checking back with you.

Drunador
Unread 11-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

I re-skinned Valdacil's Quest Journal mod, and posted it as an "add-on" to the UI download - you can download it from here

Keep in mind, you MUST have the draco'kyn UI installed for this version of Valdacil's journal to work, it uses existing files from that UI.

Enjoy!

Wulfy
Unread 11-14-2005, 08:30 PM
A Brown Bear

Default resizing the bag window

is there a mod you know of that is compatible with the draco ui to make it so i can resize my bag window. I like to have my bag window up to keep an eye on my inv but the square window tends to take up too much space.

Also, Drun ill be keeping an eye on your post as well cause i tend to have to do alot of alt tabbing to check ogamer alot too.

BTW, thanks for the fast patches eariler they worked out fine.

Also, I have the entire Blood of The Pheonix guild on neriak server useing this Ui.