EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 11-30-2021, 06:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Exclamation Is DarqUI causing this?

I updated DarqUI and EQ2 maps yesterday but have not launched the eq2 client yet. It seems some people have done this and are having their accounts banned for cheating. I suspect it is because those files which we had the pop-up warning when we updated being included. I didn't know, but thought someone needs to check it out because it seems to be a common point in all these reports.
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2...get-it.601855/
Peace!
Unread 11-30-2021, 07:26 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It would be hard to believe Daybreak would ban many paying accounts over three UI widgets that don't work yet. Because participating in the expansion Beta did not carry a non-disclosure agreement, players have been freely discussing the new features outside of the Beta environment. None of the UI-related changes included in recent DarqUI updates are secret.

Character Window: A new button on the Mercenary Stats page called "Search Mercenaries" will soon bring up a window with mercenary names and zones. The Mercenary Search window does not exist on Live yet, so clicking the button does nothing.

Quest Journal: In Beta, if you click one of your completed achievements on the Achievement Summary page, the window switches to the category where the achievement came from. As of now, it does nothing. There is no new code in the updated window, just the empty clickable areas.

Tradeskills: A new "Blueprint" checkbox for a feature that does not exist yet on Live. Checking the box does nothing.

I have been in-game quite a bit with those three windows on Beta and Live, and my accounts are not banned. If you want to be extremely careful between now and tomorrow morning you can check for updates, then right-click and "Use Default" to remove the following files:

Character
Quest Journal
Tradeskills

Unread 12-01-2021, 12:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you for the reply Darq. I hope I didn't come off as accusatory, as that was not my intent. I just wanted to check to see if it was a possibility. I appreciate the tip on what to do if I am especially paranoid, too! I can't imagine what is getting people perma-banned on accounts that have been active since 05. Seems like a good way to completely kill a game to me.

Peace!
Unread 12-01-2021, 12:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Looks like people are getting their access restored now. Seems it was a screw-up on DPG's end. Very glad!

Peace!