EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 01-09-2022, 06:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default DarqUI Spell Monitor

Hey Darq,

First of all, let me say thanks for updating the ProfitUI Community Addition. I'm still stubborn and sticking to it because I have heavily customized my own interface pieces within Profit and don't want to have to try to replace them with a different UI unless I absolutely have to. My question is regarding your spell monitor. I have been a long time user of the Drums Spell Timer window and for some reason, ever since VOV has launched, I've had trouble getting the spell timer window integrated into Profit to function properly when in combat. I've also tried editing the Profit files and using the original Drums spell timer pieces, unfortunately, it still produces the same results/instability. Most of the time, it doesn't show any of the maintained spells at all but then randomly at certain points long into a fight, some spells show up here and there but almost never more than 2 out of the 8 or so I have added.

Is there a way I could convert/import your spell monitor system into my Profit to replace the Drums version and does it function in a similar way? I'm just looking for something reliable that tracks my stacks of spell and how long they have remaining on ticks/duration, it's invaluable as a raiding wizard to have that information readily available without trying to do mouseovers or things like that.

Thanks for your time in advance and all your contributions to the community.

-Seb
Unread 01-09-2022, 10:05 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm sure we can make a version for ProfitUI CE, although right now I'm concerned about the current spell timer not working. If it's giving you trouble then it's possibly giving other players the same trouble. I just ran through several characters in and out of combat and the DrumsUI adaptation seems like it's working okay. Two things I can think of that would make it start misbehaving: A) If an icon for the monitored spell doesn't appear in the regular Maintained window then it's also not going to appear in the monitor; and B) there may be a spell name with character(s) that the monitor can't digest.

Since you are seeing a couple of spells pop in and out during combat, it's possible that spells are appearing/disappearing from Maintained due to having more than 30 buffs on your character at once. If your Maintained window never exceeds 30 icons during combat then I would suspect B), the configuration file. Look through the spells you have configured for your characters and see if you notice any non-alphanumeric characters like extra quotation marks etc. Save a copy of _ProfitUI_DrumsUI_ST_Settings.txt and then temporarily take out spells that contain anything that's not letters, numbers and spaces. Does this improve things?

Unread 01-09-2022, 11:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

D'oh, that makes perfect sense now that you mention it. I didn't realize it took directly from VISIBLE things on the maintained window but I should have thought of that. I kept thinking of log file issues, game issues, all kinds of stuff. It makes sense now why that stuff was working perfectly sitting in the guild hall. With the addition of Familiar Buffs, Merc Buff, Mount buff, flawless buff, 4 Ro's Blade buffs on group members, etc. That takes up a ton of maintained slots all the time. It's unfortunate that there's no workaround or the devs don't increase the maintained window based on the amount of permanent buff type of abilities they keep adding. I guess my only option is to find out what will hurt the least in terms of my buffs and cancel them so I can still use it, frustrating but I don't know another way. Thanks for your advice/help. If you can think of a workaround/alternative, let me know.

-Seb
Unread 01-10-2022, 07:15 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

There is a game feature that offers some relief: On the Options page of the Character window, check the box for Enable Spell Filtering. Then look at your Spell Effects and Maintained Effects windows together. There will be several continuous effects duplicated in both windows. Examples like the ones you mentioned: mount, familiar, pet, pet shrink, self-buffs, etc.

If you can do without seeing any of these, right-click the icon in the Spell Effects window and Hide Effect. The icon will disappear from both windows. The buff doesn't go away, but the icon does. This should help clear some of the 30 Maintained slots to make room for the more critical ones that you need to monitor.

You can check/uncheck the checkbox to quickly hide/show your hidden icons, and there are some chat commands to manipulate the list:

/hidden_effects list
/hidden_effects clear
/hidden_effects delete [Effect ID]

Unread 01-10-2022, 02:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ohhhhhh, that is most excellent. Thank you very much for the advice, I usually dig pretty deep into settings and notice things but guess I never really had any reason to use that in the past/figure out what it did. I just removed some of the stuff that was common to both windows and was able to clear up at least 8-10 slots which should be more than enough even with raid/group buffs on.

I haven't actually done a group yet to test them in that scenario but given the reasoning they stopped working, I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't resolve the problem. I saved the command line options into a Notepad file so I can reference it when needed until I memorize them at some point. Once again, thank you very much for responding to my question in detail, as well as your other contributions to the community in general, they are greatly appreciated.

Take care,
-Seb