EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 12-21-2020, 11:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Remaining Ward values not updating?

I have rolled a Mystic for the first time since I started playing the game back in 2004, and I have only recently started using DarqUI. If I'm wrong about how wards work or If I'm missing a setting on the UI, please correct me and I'm sorry for any inconvenience I have caused.

Up until now I have only casted Ancestral Ward & Umbral Warding. The remaining value within the "Maintained Spells" area is not always up to date from what I've seen.

If I cast Ancestral Ward (which blocks all types of damage) the remaining value will go down a bit (after around 100 points of damage) I will start to take damage even though I still have a remaining value of x from the ward. If I'm to recast it then I will not take any damage, but then problem reoccurs. Sometimes It will update, but more times than not It doesn't.

If I'm missing something please let me know, and If it's a problem on my end I'm extremely sorry. Any help or advice will be much appreciated!
Unread 12-22-2020, 07:52 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Amounts remaining are piped directly from the game to the text area next to the icon, while large amounts remaining are converted into a shortened form on the icon itself. For example a ward amount of one million would show over the icon as 1M. Amounts remaining are used for other values besides wards, such as poison charges. In those cases the icon display shows the full value without abbreviation. But for warding classes I would only rely on the full text display next to the icon.

The DarqUI maintained spells window does not offer any must-have modifications, so if you'd rather use the default window you can check for updates with the utility then scroll down to Maintained Effects, right-click and choose "Use game default." This will go back to using the default maintained spells window without disturbing anything else.

Unread 12-22-2020, 07:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Amounts remaining are piped directly from the game to the text area next to the icon, while large amounts remaining are converted into a shortened form on the icon itself. For example a ward amount of one million would show over the icon as 1M. Amounts remaining are used for other values besides wards, such as poison charges. In those cases the icon display shows the full value without abbreviation. But for warding classes I would only rely on the full text display next to the icon.

The DarqUI maintained spells window does not offer any must-have modifications, so if you'd rather use the default window you can check for updates with the utility then scroll down to Maintained Effects, right-click and choose "Use game default." This will go back to using the default maintained spells window without disturbing anything else.

Oh wow. Thank you for such a quick reply!

That's good to know. I'll set it up so it shows next to the icon when I get home.

Thank you once again for your help.