EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 01-13-2009, 11:49 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Feedback - All in one

I don't feel its ready for public testing, but it works perfectly fine so far. Its an all in one window that combines the Raid, Group and player window with all the functionality of each. Looking for a little feedback since its almost done.

Little information! It fills up the groups from the bottom up, and if you change groups it will automatically adjust everything.
Unread 01-14-2009, 12:35 AM
A Griffon

Figured it was a toss up which section!! since its not really a "concept" its working and I'm using it atm. Sorry I posted it in the wrong area.
Unread 01-14-2009, 12:52 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I think it's pretty unambiguous:

Quote:
Beta
Authors/Developers post an official thread about your beta interface to get users feedback and to allow them to test it and report bugs. All beta interfaces posted here must have files available for download.
But nvm. Apart from that your layout looks good. Did you manage to get raid drag'n'drop functionality with that? Only thing I noticed from the screenshots is that the group/player window part may be missing the class/level indicators that you have on the raid window part.
Unread 01-14-2009, 01:13 AM
A Griffon

It has everything that each window has including raid drag and drop functionality, as far as the level I never liked seeing the level on my group window But its something to think about. Only real reason I show the level on other members so I can see de-levels easy in other groups.

Not gonna really argue about the miss placed post because, well I posted in the wrong place nothing else to say
Unread 01-14-2009, 01:45 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I like the idea. It took me a few seconds for my brain to kick in reading the "format". I think I'm functioning a little slow tonight

Only cause I'm used to seeing the raid groups go top to bottom, and then having the group go across in 2 rows threw me off. (of course when I first looked at it I couldn't figure out where the 4th raid group was, LOL) But I could definitely see it working and be nice.

Anyhow, I wanted to say: Nice job on combining a group+raid window. Never thought of this idea myself.
I like the hovering levels over class icons. I think it might look better with modified icons -- have them squares instead of diamonds, if you follow me. Just a thought, I might like to try it out myself to see if it works visually.

Question: do class icons not work with the group portion?
Unread 01-14-2009, 01:56 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Only cause I'm used to seeing the raid groups go top to bottom, and then having the group go across in 2 rows threw me off. (of course when I first looked at it I couldn't figure out where the 4th raid group was, LOL) But I could definitely see it working and be nice.

Anyhow, I wanted to say: Nice job on combining a group+raid window. Never thought of this idea myself.
I like the hovering levels over class icons. I think it might look better with modified icons -- have them squares instead of diamonds, if you follow me. Just a thought, I might like to try it out myself to see if it works visually.

Question: do class icons not work with the group portion?
Do you have an example of some modifyed icons?
Class Icons work fine but seemed personally unnecessary for your group.
Unread 01-14-2009, 03:44 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I whipped these up real quick for an example...

I'm no artist when it comes to photoshop... but I did my best. Recreated the squares, and just copied/resized the overlying symbols.
It's basically what I had in mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New_class_icons.gif
Views:	1251
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	6728  

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 01-14-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Unread 01-14-2009, 03:55 AM
A Griffon

Ahh I thought you had a specific set in mind. Keep in mind those grey squares obviously wont be there once the raid.Member_0.effect1 etc dynamic data goes in. I Will think about it because I was going to make the archetype icon a button for a raid macro. Ill have to change it and see how it looks. As far as the level again ill have to test it probably over the hp/power bars indented a tad.
Unread 01-14-2009, 04:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Cool. And it was just something that popped into my mind. Not really a request, so no worries

I just like to have everything snug together sometimes in a window, and the diamond icons kinda always bugged me a little bit.
Unread 01-14-2009, 04:19 AM
A Griffon

Which that in itself is the reason I made the UI I looked at the new raid window and was dumbfounded at the size. As a healer that is completely absurd. Then on top of that I have my group shown in the raid AND the group window........ So I made the raid members more compact then made a way to keep drag and drop functionality and still have my group.
Unread 01-14-2009, 05:51 AM
A Dragoon Sith

While I work with an vertically aligned set of windows I like you approach.

How did you work out which three groups of the raid window to show, as you can be in any of the 4 groups? I think that this was esp hard as you have to change the whole window based on this.

Like:
4 pages for each possible raid group as group panel with only one visible.
2 pages for line 1 for group 1 or 2 with only one visible.
2 pages for line 2 for group 2 or 3 with only one visible.
2 pages for line 3 for group 3 or 4 with only one visible.

How does it work out from an performance point of view? I imagine that this could be costly, or did you use an other trick to keep the drag and drop functionality working?
Unread 01-14-2009, 09:02 AM
A Griffon

You have to move everything around, the most complex part is the initial load. After that theres not a lot of work for it to do. But on the initial load theres like a .1 second skip which I'm still trying to optimize code to get rid of. Other than that though no fps hit(actually an improvement) and when it configures theres no spikes. I plan on making two versions a vertical and horizontal for the record, the way I did my code it would be really easy for me to make a vertical version.
Unread 04-02-2009, 04:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Oasis

Will you be releasing this one anytime soon?

it is exactly something I was looking for.
Unread 04-02-2009, 04:53 PM
A Griffon

If I get enough interest in it I will. Here is an example of it, in horizontal mode.

Link
Unread 04-02-2009, 06:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I would def be interested in it and/or most of your mods.

I assume the raid portion goes away if you are only in a group rather than a raid?
Unread 04-02-2009, 06:24 PM
A Griffon

Of course
Unread 04-05-2009, 12:16 AM
A Coastal Crab

another vote for "interested"
Unread 04-06-2009, 01:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

any chance we could also get the group window

using ProfitUI, i can't get the 2 x 3 to work like yours.

Thanks for releasing it though, I think its gonna make my display much cleaner.
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:35 AM
A Griffon

Ya I will post it in a bit.