EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 10-14-2016, 07:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default map updater wont open

not sure what happened, this just started tonight....when i click the icon to run map updater, a white box comes up and says--windows is checking for a solution to the problem---then goes away.....tried this several times, same thing...restarted pc, same thnig....uninstalled, reinstalled, same thing......any ideas? been at this over an hour now before coming here for help
Unread 10-15-2016, 08:36 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by termsofservice View Post
not sure what happened, this just started tonight....when i click the icon to run map updater, a white box comes up and says--windows is checking for a solution to the problem---then goes away.....tried this several times, same thing...restarted pc, same thnig....uninstalled, reinstalled, same thing......any ideas? been at this over an hour now before coming here for help

That's a tough one to diagnose if Windows doesn't give you an actual error message. Especially if you have been running it successfully in the past with no changes to your system. Run the updater again to get the error dialog, then when it disappears right-click the Start button and open Event Viewer. Navigate to Custom Views > Administrative Events and look for any errors that might give you a hint about why the app won't run.

Otherwise try 1) right-click and run the updater as administrator, 2) suspend your antivirus long enough to run the updater, 3) suspend your firewall long enough to run the updater, 4) Open a command prompt as administrator and type

sfc /verifyonly

to check your system files (including I believe .NET 2.0 which the updater requires) without changing anything.

Unread 10-15-2016, 10:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
That's a tough one to diagnose if Windows doesn't give you an actual error message. Especially if you have been running it successfully in the past with no changes to your system. Run the updater again to get the error dialog, then when it disappears right-click the Start button and open Event Viewer. Navigate to Custom Views > Administrative Events and look for any errors that might give you a hint about why the app won't run.

Otherwise try 1) right-click and run the updater as administrator, 2) suspend your antivirus long enough to run the updater, 3) suspend your firewall long enough to run the updater, 4) Open a command prompt as administrator and type

sfc /verifyonly

to check your system files (including I believe .NET 2.0 which the updater requires) without changing anything.

ok thinks, however when i right click the start button, i dont have no option that says event viewer, and when i open a cmd prompt and put in that sfc /verifyonly, it tells me--i must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the utility.....im on win 10 by the way, not sure what else to do...updater still isnt opening....still getting that message--windows is checking for a solution to the problem-----
Unread 10-15-2016, 05:28 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by termsofservice View Post
ok thinks, however when i right click the start button, i dont have no option that says event viewer, and when i open a cmd prompt and put in that sfc /verifyonly, it tells me--i must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the utility.....im on win 10 by the way, not sure what else to do...updater still isnt opening....still getting that message--windows is checking for a solution to the problem-----
Event Viewer: Hold down the Windows key and press R to open the Run window. In the slot type eventvwr.msc

Command prompt: Hold down Shift+Ctrl while clicking the command prompt icon in the Start menu (All Apps > Windows System > Command Prompt)