EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 11-10-2020, 05:06 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Using DarqUI in Beta

Expansion 17: Reign of Shadows is now in Beta, and everyone who pre-orders can log in and try out the new content. As always, you can use DarqUI in Beta, and the DarqUI Utility has some valuable tools to ease the process. I've already used the /beta command on the live servers to copy some of my characters over.

Follow the instructions on the DarqUI Unified page and you will be able to copy your customizations and UI settings, hotkey sets, etc., to Beta so you're not looking at the defaults for everything when you log in. You can also use the utility to download any UI files that change during the beta process.

If you have any trouble or need more help, feel free to post here. Thank you for using and supporting DarqUI.

Unread 11-20-2020, 11:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Default I messed it up good!!!

Okay, I admit it, somehow I screwed up both LIVE and BETA Darqui. I thought I followed the instructions right, but apparently not.

I copied my Darqui folder from reg EQ2 UI to the BETA UI. I copied the utility, and dropped it in the UI folder, not the Darqui folder.

I started the utility, and went thru it all like I thought it said, again apparently not.

When I logged into Beta, windows were missing, fonts were changed, theme was not there. So, I went into the EQ2 UI and opened the utility there, downloaded any and all updates. I also checked in the EQ2 Options to show all the windows, and used f10 and the windows are missing there too, lol.

Went Back to Beta, did the Utility thing, clicked the LIVE in the Beta Settings, and everything is still messed up. Went back to Live, now it's all messed up. And No I am not drunk, yet... but will be soon.

What do I need to do to fix it all? Uninstall everything and reinstall? I really messed it up!!

** I also went thru the updates and checked the highest number of Beta as it said...
Unread 11-21-2020, 12:06 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You don't need to copy your DarqUI_v3 folder from Live to Beta. The easiest way to make it work is to drop a copy of the utility into the \EverQuest II\BetaServer\UI\ folder. When you open the utility from that location, it will detect that it is in Beta. Allow it to install if it's not already there, or check for updates if you have a previous version of DarqUI_v3 in Beta.

If there was no DarqUI_v3 folder, setup will make DarqUI the default UI automatically. Since you already copied it, go to the Files page and click "Make this UI the default."

Unread 11-21-2020, 12:23 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

OMG TYTYTYTY!!! It worked and it's great ty so much.