that's perfect !!
thank you tons
steppin
Unread 10-01-2005, 09:03 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye
Default Coin Window

Hiya's,

Love yer mod's but have a problem, can't get the coin weight thing to work...

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, want to use this piece!

Not sure if I'm being a complete dumb ass or what?

Every time I install it then alter the .xml files as stated i log in and my game crashes... once I take the thing off and change the .xml's back it's all fine?

Please oh please great and powerful Mahonri can you write a dumb asses guide to geting this thing to work!

Thanks (in hope of help),

Walter.
Unread 10-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Human Paladin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor
Send a message via ICQ to Mahonri Send a message via AIM to Mahonri Send a message via MSN to Mahonri Send a message via Yahoo to Mahonri
Default Coin Info readme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter
Every time I install it then alter the .xml files as stated i log in and my game crashes... once I take the thing off and change the .xml's back it's all fine?

Please oh please great and powerful Mahonri can you write a dumb asses guide to geting this thing to work!

Thank you for push starting me into making this readme document. It's been a long time coming. I'll include it in the mod download as well.
Here 'tis!
Attached Files
File Type: txt coin_info_readme.txt (4.9 KB, 447 views)
Unread 10-01-2005, 02:33 PM
A Grove Wisp

Default Thankyou

Thankyou sooooooooo much!

Worked first time after reading the read me, also just installed your character select screen mod.

Also worked first time!

Which is grrrrrrrreat as I couldn't get Pooka's to work.

Thanks again.

Walter.
Unread 10-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Human Paladin

Send a message via ICQ to Mahonri Send a message via AIM to Mahonri Send a message via MSN to Mahonri Send a message via Yahoo to Mahonri

Quote:
Thankyou sooooooooo much!

Any time. Glad I could help
Unread 10-03-2005, 12:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonri
Here is an altered version of my Advanced Player Window per a request by Ezrael.
Great work, as a healer, I love it. One request, though - the numbers between the bars just don't feel right to me, would it be possible to have percentages on the right? Sort of this style: http://eq2interface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=3340
Unread 10-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Human Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonissa
Great work, as a healer, I love it. One request, though - the numbers between the bars just don't feel right to me, would it be possible to have percentages on the right? Sort of this style: http://eq2interface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=3340
How's this?

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=3955
Unread 10-06-2005, 04:22 AM
A Grove Wisp

Default Xp Bar

Hiya's

Could you please post a size comparison screenie for your xp bar.

Cheers,

Walter.

NVM loaded it and checked it out myself

Last edited by Walter : 10-06-2005 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Looked at it myself...
Unread 10-15-2005, 10:58 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question

Hey Mahonri:

Great ideas! I love your character switch screen... although for some reason I'm unable to edit my .xml file. Actually, I can edit it, but when I save it, run ThorUI, play game and try to switch, the info isn't there. (Using notebook to edit) So I go back and check my eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown.xml file, it's back to the standard "character"/"Server" and my names are gone. Like I never edited it in the first place. Am I editing the correct file? Thanks for helpin' out a noob
Unread 10-16-2005, 12:37 AM
Human Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyKliner
...for some reason I'm unable to edit my .xml file. Actually, I can edit it, but when I save it, run ThorUI, play game and try to switch, the info isn't there. (Using notebook to edit) So I go back and check my eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown.xml file, it's back to the standard "character"/"Server" and my names are gone. Like I never edited it in the first place. Am I editing the correct file?
Yes, that is the right file. It sounds like you are doing everything right, but I also don't use ThorUI and am unaware of any issues running that UI with my Quick Change Shutdown. Also, I don't know if you mean to say notepad instead of notebook, but if not, try editing using notepad. If that doesn't help let me know and I'll check more into it.
Unread 10-16-2005, 01:53 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Arrow Heh, you are correct :)

Quote:
Also, I don't know if you mean to say notepad instead of notebook, but if not, try editing using notepad. If that doesn't help let me know and I'll check more into it.

Ah, quite right... notepad. I did try that and still same issue. I've even tried editing the original document, copying it all... deleted the original, and created a whole new .xml doc w/ toon names and server names.... same thing... once I ran the update, it seems to go back to "Character"/"Server". One other thing I noticed... in your example of how to edit the file, your description has "Server"/"Character" in that order... in my .xml file, it's the other way around. Just curious if maybe I should just delete your program from Thor (If that's possible) and download your UI instead? Thanks for the help.
Unread 10-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Human Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyKliner
Ah, quite right... notepad. I did try that and still same issue. I've even tried editing the original document, copying it all... deleted the original, and created a whole new .xml doc w/ toon names and server names.... same thing... once I ran the update, it seems to go back to "Character"/"Server". One other thing I noticed... in your example of how to edit the file, your description has "Server"/"Character" in that order... in my .xml file, it's the other way around. Just curious if maybe I should just delete your program from Thor (If that's possible) and download your UI instead? Thanks for the help.
Ah you're using the ThorUI auto updater. Ok, that's why. Is this included in that now? Well, that's going to be a problem then because each time you run the auto updater it compares your current files to what the updater thinks that should look like. According to the updater the shutdown window should look exactly how it looks when you download it (no custom server or character names). If you edit it and run the game without running the updater it should work. I'll have to see about getting that updater to ignore this particular xml.
Unread 10-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Human Paladin

Quote:
Well, that's going to be a problem then because each time you run the auto updater it compares your current files to what the updater thinks that should look like. According to the updater the shutdown window should look exactly how it looks when you download it (no custom server or character names).
I've just been informed that a patch is in the works to correct this issue! Keep an eye out for it.
Unread 10-16-2005, 11:32 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Thumbs Up Fantastic!

So I'm not the only one with this problem? (And here I thought I was just that noob ) Well, thanks for your help and thanks for this great piece. I'll be waiting for the update patiently!
Unread 10-17-2005, 12:02 PM
A Grove Wisp

Default In the mean time...

the solution is a simple one which to be honest seems rather obvious

Just fill out your character details in the shut down file (Server and Character name), run the updater but cancel/abort before it updates then uncheck the option for the shutdown mod. The updater no longer updates the file, therefore doesn't overwrite your info.

Works for me.

Just wish I could get the Coin Weight Info to work with the autoupdater, because I LOVE that mod and am lost without it (well have to check inventory all the time anyway)

Walter.

This also works for all the custom notes pages, incase your interested.
Unread 10-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Human Paladin

Quote:
Just fill out your character details in the shut down file (Server and Character name), run the updater but cancel/abort before it updates then uncheck the option for the shutdown mod. The updater no longer updates the file, therefore doesn't overwrite your info.
I thought of that too, and it's a good solution for now. But in the event that I alter the winodw itself then the new version would not update. We'll just have to wait and see what changes they make to the updater...
Unread 10-17-2005, 09:09 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Talking

Yeah, I've been doing that as well. It works fine doing it that way, but it would be nice to not have to worry about it.... Thanks again Mahonri for that great creation.
Unread 10-19-2005, 01:25 PM
A Grove Wisp

Thumbs Up Mahonri's Quick Change Shutdown Window

i have five main characters. FIVE. i switch between them a LOT. i just have one question:

can i have your babies?
Unread 10-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Human Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iesmeh
i have five main characters. FIVE. i switch between them a LOT. i just have one question:

can i have your babies?

Tell ya what... You can't have them, but babysitting might not be out of the question. My wife and I could use some free time...
Unread 10-26-2005, 03:04 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Compass problems

compass from 10/23 still shows wrong direction. i was told this is a server side issue. what i need to know is that correct or did i not update the compass files correctly. I overwrote your previous old compass main hud and window elements files in my custom ui. and put the Mahonri elements in the images sub folder with the windows elements.
Unread 10-26-2005, 04:46 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I am experiencing the same problem with the compass. I love this compass mod, however it still seems to be pointing in the wrong direction. I have the version which was posted just the other day.
Unread 10-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Human Paladin

I'm out of town right now, but I'll check that as soon as I get back. It was working for me when I posted the update, so I'm thinking I probably uploaded the wrong file or some careless mistake like that. Sorry for the inconvenience guys. Expect some REAL results soon.
Unread 10-31-2005, 05:32 PM
Human Paladin

Default Fixed compass

Ok, I'm back and I've uploaded the real fixed compass. It turns out that I did post the wrong version before. Sorry guys.
Unread 10-31-2005, 06:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

What did you have to change to fix the compass. I'm using a similar compass mod, and was wondering if you would share =)
Unread 10-31-2005, 06:45 PM
Human Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
What did you have to change to fix the compass. I'm using a similar compass mod, and was wondering if you would share =)
Sure. All I did was change the location of ScrollPage from -213 to -256. That just shifts the starting location of the compass to the correct spot.