Closed Thread
Unread 07-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelael
Unable to use the CS interface (petitions), Bags are set to smallest size at all times, spell book is jacked, I am getting crashes and have never had them before.
I was able to look up help stuff, look through the knowledge base and submit a cs tick just fine 3 min ago..

I tried to crash the ui via mem issues with the new exp bar and was unable to. The spell book is still fetish's, its low priority atm with some of these other issues and hey, Fetish's spell book is neet..
Unread 07-07-2005, 07:01 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Befallen
Default Thanks

Cool, actually figured out how to do it easily. just type /disable, and it works, same to re-enable. Still have the Heritage window issue tho, and I just installed the one you put in last night.
Unread 07-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarissa
Cool, actually figured out how to do it easily. just type /disable, and it works, same to re-enable. Still have the Heritage window issue tho, and I just installed the one you put in last night.
Oh crap forgot to look at that before I put 1.11.4 up

I will be out of town till Sunday but will get that fixed as soon as I get back. Sorry I forgot to look at that before updating

Weee I updated before early morning today mackgee will get some sleep tonight.
Unread 07-07-2005, 07:17 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Get shot of the fade in / out stuff then it wont

Funny thing is that stuff has never worked for me lmao.. peeps say the vit flashes this that and the other flashes does it 'F' well not here anyways lol
Unread 07-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

How silly of me to forget.. Anarissa, I removed the Heritage from the guild window becuase it was already in the journel so didn't see any need to have it in the ui twice.
Unread 07-08-2005, 12:03 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Kithicor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Maybe its because your from freeport lol [img]/images/eq2layout/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
actually i don't have any toons based in freeport
Unread 07-08-2005, 01:09 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Kithicor

the maintained spells window no longer showes icons in 1.11.4 for me

anyone else experiencing this?
Unread 07-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeeolag
the maintained spells window no longer showes icons in 1.11.4 for me

anyone else experiencing this?
Really? Nothing was changed in the maintained window and mine where showing up ok before I ziped it and sent it. I guess when I copied the files over to the zip folder the file could of got fried in the proccess. I am out of town ATM so can't test it

Any way how is the effects window working out? I only had about 30 min worth of raid time to test it. It seemed to be working as I wanted but you guys are good and finding bugs lol
Unread 07-09-2005, 12:23 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default tradeskills

Don't know if this has been answered before, but the tradeskills windows drops my framerate to an anuseable level... it ONLY happens when my tradeskill window is open, so i'm having some trouble crafting due to the lag....

is there anything i need to do to fix that?
Unread 07-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf_Herder
Don't know if this has been answered before, but the tradeskills windows drops my framerate to an anuseable level... it ONLY happens when my tradeskill window is open, so i'm having some trouble crafting due to the lag....

is there anything i need to do to fix that?
Being SOE made it so you have to TS to make any kind of real coin in the game and I HATE TSing, I made it that way to make it a bit harder on TS'er.. LOL J/K really!!! I think it may be a back ground I used. I thought I removed them all but being I HATE TSing I prob just missed that window. I will correct that issues in the next update.
Unread 07-09-2005, 03:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi

The %xp gained only updates every 1% so you cant see how much xp you get from a mob.

And on the inhouse "selling window" the function that fills in the name of the item doesnt work ...you have to use Browse Market to be able to find anything..
Unread 07-09-2005, 08:44 AM
A Griffon

Somthing I noticed when looking at the code in your experiance page!

You dont have an <include> for any of these files eq2ui_custompreset1.xml etc

The code is written into the experiance page itself ! And thats not right lol

This usualy happens when you press any of those buttons when your in the UI builder.... And I will cause random crashes I have found... Besides whatever values your users set are not getting loaded up with the UI because of this.

As a note on the volume settings saving I have looked into this and found that if you make a hidden page and have your slider set that pages Opacity as well as the sound volume the char settings file will save that Opacity info for that window..... the only thing I havent worked out how to do is to get the slider value to set to that window's Opacity value upon logging back in....Hence that method does save your settings its how to call them back?

But its a start I guess
Unread 07-09-2005, 09:22 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
I was able to look up help stuff, look through the knowledge base and submit a cs tick just fine 3 min ago..

I tried to crash the ui via mem issues with the new exp bar and was unable to. The spell book is still fetish's, its low priority atm with some of these other issues and hey, Fetish's spell book is neet..

I am not talking submiting a ticket here. That went fine. When it came to them looking for a response to a ticket is where I had to switch UIs to answer them.
Unread 07-09-2005, 02:18 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Toxxulia
Question

I love this UI. But I am having some problems just getting it set up so it looks good, and doesnt clutter my screen too much. I tried to copy the screenshot, but it seems like there isn't as much room on my screen. I am pretty much computer Illiterate, so if someone could help me out I would appreciate it alot. I think it may have something to do with my monitor size... but like I said, idk lol

Heres a screenshot of what it looks like now, notice its much different then the one on the download page, also there seems to be a lot less room on mine.

Now, if I am running some where and I need the map up, I am going to be able to see about 1/4 of where I am going, Knowing my luck, I would probably end up jumping off a cliff and killing myself lol. I hope someone can help me! Thank you. P.S. I know my graphics suck, I am running on 2 256 rams, the bare minimum for the game, so I had to turn them down to get rid of some of the lag.
Unread 07-09-2005, 03:11 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Unrest
Default Tweakpack for eXtreme UI.

I have made some simple custom "tweaks" to suit my own needs for this UI, and thought I could offer them to everyone for download.

There are two ini files that will fix problems for all who can't get the windows set right, because Landiin released this originally for a widescreen monitor. I have supplied ini files for 1600x1200 and 1280x1024, if your stuck using 1024x768, then it's time to upgrade. The first cap is the layout for 1600x1200 and the second is for 1280x1024.

Take a look the first screen cap to see the changes I made.

I have incorporated my implied target mod into this pack, as well as a few other changes. I have submitted it as an add-on for the eXtreme UI.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1600.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	3091  Click image for larger version

Name:	1280.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	3092  
Unread 07-09-2005, 03:17 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslover
I love this UI. But I am having some problems just getting it set up so it looks good, and doesnt clutter my screen too much. I tried to copy the screenshot, but it seems like there isn't as much room on my screen. I am pretty much computer Illiterate, so if someone could help me out I would appreciate it alot. I think it may have something to do with my monitor size... but like I said, idk lol

Heres a screenshot of what it looks like now, notice its much different then the one on the download page, also there seems to be a lot less room on mine.

Now, if I am running some where and I need the map up, I am going to be able to see about 1/4 of where I am going, Knowing my luck, I would probably end up jumping off a cliff and killing myself lol. I hope someone can help me! Thank you. P.S. I know my graphics suck, I am running on 2 256 rams, the bare minimum for the game, so I had to turn them down to get rid of some of the lag.
You right in saying that your graphics suck. Seems you’re stuck using 1024x768 resolution, so you don't have very much horizontal or vertical space on your screen. This is why you can’t get it to look like what's shown on the download section. The only thing I can think of in order to fix your map hogging up your screen in try installing the Fetish maps located here: Fetish Maps.

His map has a mini map and gives you the ability to cut down the size of the main map so you can see where you're going.

Last edited by mackgee : 07-09-2005 at 03:22 PM.
Unread 07-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
I have made some simple custom "tweaks" to suit my own needs for this UI, and thought I could offer them to everyone for download.

There are two ini files that will fix problems for all who can't get the windows set right, because Landiin released this originally for a widescreen monitor. I have supplied ini files for 1600x1200 and 1280x1024, if your stuck using 1024x768, then it's time to upgrade. The first cap is the layout for 1600x1200 and the second is for 1280x1024.

Take a look the first screen cap to see the changes I made.

I have incorporated my implied target mod into this pack, as well as a few other changes. I have submitted it as an add-on for the eXtreme UI.
Looks good mackgee, Just and FYI in case you didn't know, I skinned the HO window to fit over the active quest window and if put in place it looks like it showes up in that window leaving more screen free for game viewing =)

Oh yes, I am back from out of town, working on an update now no sleep for joo mackgee
Unread 07-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

omegaslover I'll try supply a better settings file for your rez range in the next update. What I do at that rez is drop all hot keys on the lower except for the one under the maintained window, move every thing else over to the right side of the screen so the chat window can be longer. I moved the hotkeys up to the upper right and drop the chat window there.

I will include Fetish maps in my next update skinned extreme style.

There seems to be no way in hell to save the volume settings. Opacity saves but the slider refused to take any value with a decimal in it. Opacity uses .000 to 1 and the slider value uses 0 to what ever.. GRRRR The only thing I can think to do is get a common setting and make it that, if you guys want this option. I like because when I’m on team speak I can lower none important sounds.

I had a crap load fixed last night but in my sleepy state I umm didn't save, So no update fixes till later today
Unread 07-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Default Todo

TODO:
  • Knowledge window redone, or keep fetishes? Let me know
  • Next button on the trade skill window
  • Saving sounds settings
  • Fix the .00% so it updates correctly
  • Fix the auto find in the sore window
  • Increase the size of the inventory when expanded
  • Make the market window resizable
  • Make some buttons in some windows activated with the enter key
  • new raid window
  • look into the ^^ in the target names
  • Help window, not able to select a help item or a CS ticket
  • Trade Skill window dropping frame rate.
  • More UI setting files for a range of resolutions.
  • Chat window background fade to 0

You guys have/think of any more?

Last edited by Landiin : 07-11-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Unread 07-11-2005, 11:58 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
There seems to be no way in hell to save the volume settings. Opacity saves but the slider refused to take any value with a decimal in it. Opacity uses .000 to 1 and the slider value uses 0 to what ever.
I think I did (Opacity/20) and it removed the decimal? Maybe it didnt lol

Well within reason 4 things save Opacity, Frames or none, window sizes and window positions (well last one does sometimes lol) So Opacity is being a pain because of the decimal, Frames and stuff dont use numerical values, That leaves us with the other two but we have 2 values x,y would it be possible to just extract the x or y value and read it back?

If not only other way I can see is to make a load of files like the Performance panel one's but containing the sound settings (1 file per sound range) and have the slider reference them for the values but if you call the files 1.000.xml, 0.500.xml etc etc then you could save the name of the last file that was set via some windows Opacity? Does that make much sense?

Surely its gotta be possible to stick a .xml on the end of the value when its looking for the file to use?
Unread 07-11-2005, 01:54 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Looks good mackgee, Just and FYI in case you didn't know, I skinned the HO window to fit over the active quest window and if put in place it looks like it showes up in that window leaving more screen free for game viewing =)

Oh yes, I am back from out of town, working on an update now no sleep for joo mackgee
I didn't realize that, but that's a damn good idea. I got one more request. When setting the background opacity to 0 it still is grey. If possible could you make it so the background of the chat window can be transparent?

Peace out. MackGee
Unread 07-11-2005, 01:58 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
I had a crap load fixed last night but in my sleepy state I umm didn't save, So no update fixes till later today
Damn that sucks.. That's what you get for keeping me up late with your releases.. J/K.. We all apprecite your work..
Unread 07-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
I think I did (Opacity/20) and it removed the decimal? Maybe it didnt lol

Well within reason 4 things save Opacity, Frames or none, window sizes and window positions (well last one does sometimes lol) So Opacity is being a pain because of the decimal, Frames and stuff dont use numerical values, That leaves us with the other two but we have 2 values x,y would it be possible to just extract the x or y value and read it back?

If not only other way I can see is to make a load of files like the Performance panel one's but containing the sound settings (1 file per sound range) and have the slider reference them for the values but if you call the files 1.000.xml, 0.500.xml etc etc then you could save the name of the last file that was set via some windows Opacity? Does that make much sense?

Surely its gotta be possible to stick a .xml on the end of the value when its looking for the file to use?
Any thing you do math wise formats 3 places past the decimal I found a way to save the volume settings but not happy with it. (note havn't tested it yet) What I am going to do is have the sliders save their values /20 in the opacity of a page in the main exp window, and on the onshow event it will set the progress bars and volume level but the sliders will stay in a default state(untill the user moves them).. Untill good ol' sony says; hey, the interface is realy wacked, we should fix it. Or some one finds a better way, thats gonna have to work.
Unread 07-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
I didn't realize that, but that's a damn good idea. I got one more request. When setting the background opacity to 0 it still is grey. If possible could you make it so the background of the chat window can be transparent?

Peace out. MackGee
Im sure I can, but will I? lol

I will look into why its not fadeing all the way out. It should one one think.
Unread 07-12-2005, 07:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Befallen

I have a request that will be down on your todo list because other issues are far more important, but I would love it if you could make the icon backgrounds colored. Like red backgrounds for items you can't use, items for sale, or items in use (like when you are tradeskilling).

I had the out of memory crash yesterday, I had been tradeskilling just before, zoned out of instance and made it halfway across NQ before the crash.

Beautiful UI, keep up the good work!
Closed Thread