EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 07-08-2005, 05:56 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default compass

Hi Faetyl,i know your trying to play...but have you had a chance to check about compass we talked about other day,just checkin

Lady1
Unread 07-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady1
Hi Faetyl,i know your trying to play...but have you had a chance to check about compass we talked about other day,just checkin

Lady1
I've been working on this a bit, It looks like the data from Sony is expecting the Compass and Clock to be their own xml pages, therefore I can't combine them without not getting game updates.
As a workaround I came up with this... (see attachments)
Place the clock dial behind the compass part.
The compass will toggle hidden and visible when clicked.
Let me know what your thoughts are good/bad
I'm really racking my brain on how to make these a bit more appealing.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_compass.xml (6.9 KB, 288 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_clock.xml (922 Bytes, 265 views)
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 07-09-2005, 02:59 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default Credits

Here's a quick listing (As best I could do at the time) of all the people and their individual work that has made the ThorUI what it is today.
Thank you all!

Jaxel - [OCD-Adv] Tradeskilling - Tradeskill Window
TKing - Images - Knowledge Book
Goldi - Start Button - EQ2 Button
thor797 - Fenix Arcane Compile - Knowledge Book
Humudce - Blue Dragon Knowledge Book - Knowledge Book
Humudce - Red Dragon Knowledge Book - Knowledge Book
DBurgdorf - Milquetowst Quest Journal - Journal
ger - 3/4 hotbar (with bank, labels; no background, no frame, no overlap) - Hotbar
Bamkin - 9-Slot Trade Window (vert. style) - Trade Window
Jaxel - [OCD-Adv] 6-Row Bags 75% with StayPut - Bags
Faetyl - ThorUI Bank Window - Bank
Faetyl - ThorUI Track Window - Tracking
Faetyl - ThorUI Experience Window - Experience
Faetyl - ThorUI Clock Window - Clock
Faetyl - ThorUI Raid Window - Raid "Thank you psouza4 for your icon image and ger for the controls idea!"
Faetyl - ThorUI Zone Popup - Zone Popup
Faetyl - ThorUI Player Window - Player Window "Based off compact groupmembers/player by ger"
Faetyl - ThorUI Group Window - Group Window "Based off compact groupmembers/player by ger"
Faetyl - ThorUI Target Window - Target "Based off Target / Implied Target by Goldi"
Faetyl - ThorUI ImpliedTarget Window - ImpliedTarget "Based off Target / Implied Target by Goldi"
Faetyl - ThorUI Compass Window - Compass "Based off the MyUI compass by Wyynd"
Faetyl - ThorUI Chat - Chat "Based off of Greenmist Chat DX by Hirebrand"
Faetyl - ThorUI QuickChat - New Window [QuickChat] "Based off of Greenmist Chat DX by Hirebrand"
Faetyl - ThorUI QuickEmote - New Window [QuickEmote] Based off of "Kosmo's QuickEmotes"
Faetyl - ThorUI Pet Window [Scarab] - Pet "Based off Telurian Scarab (Small) by Hirebrand"
Taco-Man - EQ2Map Gridoverlay Plugin - Map Plugin 1 [Gridline]
Talyns - Talyns' Minimap Plugin - Map Plugin 2 [MiniMap]
ger - PoI Visibility Toggle Button - Map Plugin 3 [PoI Visibility Toggle Button]
Zonx - FetishMaps - Map Plugin 4 [Load Map]
ger - Alternate PoI Icons - Map Plugin [Alternate PoI Icons]
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 08-17-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Unread 07-09-2005, 09:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Trade Window Problem

I tried to do a trade with another player last night and it wouldn't let me drop the item into one of the slots. Do I have something installed incorrectly or has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your assistance.
Unread 07-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethul
I tried to do a trade with another player last night and it wouldn't let me drop the item into one of the slots. Do I have something installed incorrectly or has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your assistance.
I logged in and performed a full test to every trade slot.
Note: The last three are the normally hidden trade slots, you can place something there and the item will go to trade but not in the specific slot.
"I don't believe it's possible to change that behavior on our side, it's a Sony thing."

Other than that everything worked perfectly with the trade window.

May I confirm that you are using the latest version 3.5?
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 07-09-2005 at 11:10 AM.
Unread 07-09-2005, 11:31 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Hello Faetyl, tryed the new compass and clock files works wonderful,thank you for doing that.very nice work,you have my vote for best ui, i give you 5 stars hehe and 5 bananas

Lady1
Unread 07-09-2005, 02:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Trade Window Problems

Hmmm seems I have version 3.4. I will get the latest one and see if that is the problem. Thanks.
Unread 07-11-2005, 08:52 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default Request

Could someone out there post a eq2_uisettings.ini zipped that has my layout but for the higher resolutions past 1280x1024 for others to use?
I'll post it up with the other attachments.

Thanks in advance,
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-12-2005, 04:10 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Stop Inventory closing on ESC

Hi, I think your UI is the best by far. I'm currently using version 3.5 and will update this weekend. However one thing that kinda bugs me is when using the inventory in compressed mode (so I can see my arrows remaining and activate any activatable items quickly) I can't hit ESC to close any windows that pop up because it will close my inventory window. I know this isn't some drastic problem, but was wondering if it's possible to stop the inventory window from closing on ESC?
Sorry for bitchin' and thanks for the great UI, that's always kept up to date.
Cheers Rippley.
Unread 07-12-2005, 06:31 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default Makes complete sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippley
Hi, I think your UI is the best by far. I'm currently using version 3.5 and will update this weekend. However one thing that kinda bugs me is when using the inventory in compressed mode (so I can see my arrows remaining and activate any activatable items quickly) I can't hit ESC to close any windows that pop up because it will close my inventory window. I know this isn't some drastic problem, but was wondering if it's possible to stop the inventory window from closing on ESC?
Sorry for bitchin' and thanks for the great UI, that's always kept up to date.
Cheers Rippley.
Thanks Rippley,
Your comment makes complete sense and I'll ensure that will be updated in the next release "v4.0"
And by all means never hesitate to let me know this stuff, it only makes the UI better for everyone.
Perfect example to anyone else out there that may have an idea!
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-12-2005, 09:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default pieces

Was wondering if there is a way to just use the map mod off of this UI package. Don't want to install everything and have to change a bunch of things I already have and like. But, I am truly excited to have the map overlay. It looks amazing and have been told good things about it.

Thanks.
Unread 07-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoderik
Was wondering if there is a way to just use the map mod off of this UI package. Don't want to install everything and have to change a bunch of things I already have and like. But, I am truly excited to have the map overlay. It looks amazing and have been told good things about it.

Thanks.
Not by using my installer as it would redirect your custom UI to ThorUI but...
I can certainly give you the map mod part of my installer

Let me know if you have any questions.
Basically just unzip and stick each mod you want to use in your custom UI. (I'd back it up first just to be safe though)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Map Plugins.zip (29.9 KB, 253 views)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-12-2005, 10:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

i have downloaded the latest version and some of the window are just big black boxes. anyone tell me what i did wrong?
Unread 07-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokam
i have downloaded the latest version and some of the window are just big black boxes. anyone tell me what i did wrong?
Can we confirm:
1.) You downloaded v3.9 of the ThorUI
2.) You deleted any previous installs of the ThorUI (and deleted the ThorUI folder if you were using the old zip manual install)
3.) You ran the auto install package and installed to "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II" or wherever your default install resides
4.) What package did you install? Melee, Caster, Custom...?
5.) What screens are just black boxes? (Screen shot of all screens with issues being open would work best) "You can attach the image to your reply"

Look forward to solving this puzzle...and sorry to hear your having trouble.

Thanks,
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-12-2005, 02:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I figured it out myself....not really sure what i did different but it worked
Unread 07-12-2005, 06:39 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default map grid

Hey man still loving the ui. only thing i found a problem with so far is if you try to not install the map grid it makes the map all black.

keep up the great work
Gulao
Unread 07-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulao
Hey man still loving the ui. only thing i found a problem with so far is if you try to not install the map grid it makes the map all black.

keep up the great work
Gulao
Hey Gulao, great to hear from you!
That sounds like a "Didn't completely uninstall the old manual install first" issue
I just went through the custom installer using almost all variances and couldn't replicate the issue.

Were you sure to uninstall completely first?
If you were using the manual install (You have to delete the entire ThorUI folder)
If you were using the auto install (You have to uninstall via the start menu folder icon of control panel)

Basically I've made so many enhancements that you can't just overwrite the directory anymore. (Another reason I went to the installer. Now you have the option to just uninstall the ThorUI set and retain your map downloads for the next ThorUI update)

Let me know if I missed something.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-12-2005, 09:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up

Hey Faetyl, I love the Thor UI. It is totally awesome. As a new player to EQ2 I stumbled across the EQ2 Interface website and finally got enough courage to try some of these custom UI pieces and I eventually tried a couple of complete sets before settling on your UI. Keep up the great work man. 5 stars for you!
Unread 07-12-2005, 11:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey there! Just tried installing using the Auto installer. I had another UI installed and deleted that folder before installing. I opened EQ2 and.....nothing Tried doing it a second time just to see and......still nothing. What am I doing wrong????
Unread 07-13-2005, 09:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Nevermind!!!! I got it to work. Had to change the name of the UI skin in the notepad from the old name to ThorUI. Sometimes it's the simplest little things (hehe....I am blonde!!)
Unread 07-13-2005, 01:39 PM
A Coastal Crab

Great mod Faetyl, just started using it some time ago.....3.5 I think, but I have a question. I want to go to the new version but am afraid I will loose my personal changes i made....like i removed some of the hot button things along the side and repositioned some of the elements. Will I loose those If I run your installer? Or will it keep my settings and give me just the updated files you made? One other thing, In the process, the chat window was lost with all of the tabs (now its just the standard chat windows)and would like to know how to get it back in the format you had wihtout redoing everything, but typically run with 2 chat windows open to easily see stuff I need at the same time.

thanks in advance for your help, again, GREAT mod
Unread 07-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by teziki
Great mod Faetyl, just started using it some time ago.....3.5 I think, but I have a question. I want to go to the new version but am afraid I will loose my personal changes i made....like i removed some of the hot button things along the side and repositioned some of the elements. Will I loose those If I run your installer? Or will it keep my settings and give me just the updated files you made? One other thing, In the process, the chat window was lost with all of the tabs (now its just the standard chat windows)and would like to know how to get it back in the format you had wihtout redoing everything, but typically run with 2 chat windows open to easily see stuff I need at the same time.

thanks in advance for your help, again, GREAT mod
Hi Teziki,
I'm very happy to hear you like the mod!
I setup the UI to not affect window placement files at all.
Therefore, if you run the uninstaller and then install the latest version you won't lose your hard work of setting up your window placements and chat preferences.
As for setting up your chat tabs...
Basically just right click the chat area and choose "New Chat Tab" you will then select that tab by clicking on it the right click again but this time choose "Chat Options". You will then select what options you want from there...
It's a pain getting it all setup but the good news is my mod won't effect it at all so your safe from now on. (I would make a backup just in case though...)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-14-2005, 02:35 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokam

I am also having a similar issue. However, it only appears to be the group window.

The window (frame) expands/shrinks when people join/leave like I assume you intended on it doing, but the black background stays at the full length. I'm not currently in game, and don't have a screenshot readily available to post, but will do so as soon as i can.

And to answer your "confirmation" questions:

1. Yes, I am currently using v3.9
2. Yes, I have deleted any previous installs
3. Yes, I installed to the correct directory
4. I loaded the Caster package
5. Only the group window as far as I can tell

By the way Faetyl.....kudos to you for creating such a kick @$$ UI. It seems to get better and better with each new release

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 07-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
I am also having a similar issue. However, it only appears to be the group window.

(snip)
As always great to hear from you Lazaru5 and thank you for your feedback (it's always appreciated).

As for the group window, I think i've modified the group window to not show a background opacity image for the "full group window" but show the background for the individual member boxes...

If you get a chance test this puppy out for me. (See attachment) "Backup your current first just in case"

Ger is the real hero for this excellent Group Window mod by the way.
All I did way see the excellent work and include it in the ThorUI as default.

I do plan on possibly modding the group window to include group member health percentages since Sony has a fix for it in the next big update.
It may make the group window a bit larger though.
Any feedback on group window including health and power percentages but increasing in size?

Thanks,

edit:
Attachment removed as it was included in update
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 07-26-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Unread 07-15-2005, 08:19 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Widescreen Support?

I'm looking forward to testing out your mod!

One question, I have a widescreen LCD 1680x1050 resolution, is your mod setup to support widescreen modes?

Thanks