Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 04-22-2005, 02:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Sab, there's a big red warning in the release notes telling you drag-and-drop on the new bagstrip will crash EQ and to just not even try.

Release notes??? Who reads release notes! (Open mouth, insert foot, leg, waist, chest, sholders..etc) sorry for the stupid post then!

Unread 04-23-2005, 05:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Tryed the link for EQ2MAP auto-updater

This like is showing a Error and is not forwarding to the currect web page could you look into this and see if its a issue with somthing I cant get the needed file
Unread 04-24-2005, 07:27 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest
Question Still having problems with pet command window

Everything looks great except, the guard me and guard here buttons have a little green creature instead of the correct icons, and the mouse over reads,"Unknown Command" The other commands are fine. Just those 2. Now remember, talk to me like youre talking to a 2 year old as thats about my lvl with these custom UIs.

However after using yours, there is no way I want to go back to the default UI.

I downloaded the new updated version of your main UI and then installed the goth UI over it. I even used ( for shame) another persons pet bar and had the same problem. Any ideas?

Again thanks for your patience and your wonderful work. You made the game UI something of beauty, other than a mess that Sony made it
Unread 04-24-2005, 09:37 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pindakaas
Everything looks great except, the guard me and guard here buttons have a little green creature instead of the correct icons..
See post #45 above
Unread 04-24-2005, 05:27 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borran
This like is showing a Error and is not forwarding to the currect web page could you look into this and see if its a issue with somthing I cant get the needed file
Fixed. Somehow messed up the link tag
Unread 04-25-2005, 07:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Crashing to desktop

Hi

I just downloaded your newest Fetish Interface

Ive had no other ienterface and I followed your readme text correctly (to the best of my knowledge)

Everytime I try to log in everything flickers for the first 3 seconds then I crash to desktop

I have a ATI 800x PCI 256 card, 1 gig of RAM so I dont think it's a performance issue

Any ideas?
Unread 04-25-2005, 08:51 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Crashes while loging in usually mean you haven't installed EQ2MAP correctly. A link to their auto-updater download page can be found on the first page of this thread. Follow their install instructions carefully.

Note EQ2MAP's Auto-updater requires Microsoft.Net 1.1. A link to that installer can be found on the Auto-updater download page.
Unread 04-26-2005, 12:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

hey Zonx Thanks for the reply

I got the map installed correctly now.

However in particular instances (Thunderin Steppes, for example) I have gone linkdead a couple of times. I dont know if it's server side or what. Ill see what happens.

Great MOD btw

PS: is it normal for the clickable splash screens in the intro to fully disappear?
PSS How do I make the interface pruple?
Unread 04-26-2005, 01:34 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Not seeing any crashes on my Win2K server but my XP box has been a bit flacky. I've also seen various reports that suggest some systems become somewhat unstable with ANY custom UI.

If you want the Nightfall purple appearance, install that Motif instead of Classic (seperate download).

Yes its normal with Fetish for the splash screens to disapear once the zone begins loading. This allows you to chat while zoning.

Please take the time to read the Word doc included in the ZIP. I know it's long, but it answers alot of questions.
Unread 04-27-2005, 01:35 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

Zonx! Buddy! Pal! Amigo!

Something wierd is going on with my download of Classic 3.4. The player window (for some reason) isnt showing up in UI Builder at all. No purty grafx in the display page, no Player subpage under the Mainhud branch either. I checked the mainhud includes, and its there, so I don't know why it isnt showing up. When I log into game, all I see are your conc's and the colored nametag background. Then CRASH!! I thought I might have a buggy version, so I downloaded it again.
No fix. DL again, this time for confirmation, and still no fix. I really don't know whats goin on. It's baffling. I'm going to install the FetishPlayer over what is already there, maybe that will fix it *shrug*

Update coming soon reagarding this issue
Unread 04-27-2005, 01:48 PM
A Griffon

No fix on that. I even imported the window, saved it twice. And exited. When I reopen the window, its gone from the tree again and doesnt show up. I dunno whats going on. Think I'll delete my UI Builder and repatch haha.
Unread 04-27-2005, 08:48 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

No prob on my end. Its possible the Map window, which is listed just before the Player window, could be messed up and causing problems.
Unread 04-27-2005, 08:59 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
No prob on my end. Its possible the Map window, which is listed just before the Player window, could be messed up and causing problems.
Blargs! Seems that UI Builder itself was goofin up. I ended up just deleting the whole thing (zip too) and repatching for a new UI Builder. Extracted and everything is fixed. Wierdness.

AAAAND since I got it working, here is my tweak of the fetish ribbed group window. I ended up not liking yours too much, or i did, I just wanted it spiffy-er!

ScreenShot in UI Builder. I forgot to keep everything the same size when I edited it, so it was a bit more difficult than just swap out. Gonna fix it later.

Other attached image is what it looks like in game. Very different. Gonna hafta do something about that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FetishGroup Tweak.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	2521  

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-27-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Unread 04-28-2005, 05:43 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Kithicor

The spiffy new Station Exchange questionaire SOE puts to us is looking rather truncated with Fetish. No screenie, sorry, I wasn't thinking. Logging in is enough to see the effect, though
Unread 04-28-2005, 03:22 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Yep, I kinda expected this to be an issue when I saw their tweaked questionair file in the patch. Gonna try to get 3.5 out today with a tweaked questionair, chat window, and a few minor bug fixes.
Unread 04-28-2005, 05:40 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Is it bad form to monkey with the colors on another persons UI? I dig the functionality of Fetish but im not thrilled about the purple.. Can I change some colors? I mean.. i know I can.. i just want to make sure its cool =)
Unread 04-28-2005, 06:19 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Yep, tweak colors all you want. The whole FetishFramework was designed to make reskinning easy.

FYI, FetishClassic shouldn't have any purple in it. Looks very much like the default UI. There's also a Goth theme for both Classic and Nightfall Motifs that have significantly different appearances.
Unread 04-28-2005, 06:29 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Excellent I appreciate the work and the response! Thanks a million!
Unread 04-28-2005, 06:31 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Default Classic 3.5 Released

Version 3.5 is available for download.

Version notes

Last edited by Zonx : 04-28-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Unread 04-28-2005, 10:35 PM
A Griffon

Well fooey. *backs up files* I spend all day altering your files, then you go and come out with a new patch. You sure do know how to spoil a guys day ^_^ JK. Good stuff zonx.
Unread 04-30-2005, 03:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default 3.5 Problems

I removed the old fetish setup and setup the new which the readme asked to do. I than booted eq2mapper up let it run the updates for the new install. Everything was going fine till I logged on. I understand that the 'command prompt' disappears unless you have it highlighted... is there a way we can set that back to the old way? If you don't and lets say type '/who all ugg' it types over the text thats already in there. The word wrapping also seems to be off... by that I mean its cutting off the last part of the word instead of knocking it down to the next level.

These are just mere annoyances and hoping somebody on here can give me the 411 on how to fix this. Other than that I love your UI's very easy to work with.

Oaniach

Hey... ever going to come out with a new spellbook?

Last edited by Oaniach : 04-30-2005 at 03:54 AM.
Unread 04-30-2005, 08:40 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Chat input, scrollbar and channel button appear on mouseover and hide on mouse out. Wraping should be ok, though the scrollbar will cover the last couple letters of some lines while moused over.

If you preffer the old non-stealth version of the chat window, you can install the eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml file from 3.4. I'm gonna include a copy of that file in future releases. I may also change the stealth version to only stealth when the titlebar is off.
Unread 04-30-2005, 08:16 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I love the new chat boxes, but have run into one small problem with it. With Titlebar Off, The Main Chat box where 'Always Chat Here' is... overlaying your text input, if your mouse isn't hovering over the chat box.

Any way to add an option where if you type at all, even if the mouse isn't hovering over the chat window, that the chat input area / scrollbars will show up in the chat window that has the 'Always Chat Here' option?

I myself do a lot of chatting, and maybe others do too (not sure), by using slash commands to start the chatting... and don't click in the chat box to type using my mouse rarely ever.

Gonna revert to the 3.4 chat for now, but if you're able to do this, I would love to use the 3.5 ones with this feature so I can put my Combat chat box on the top of the screen and not have the annoying input bar showing on a box I don't use input on, hehe. Man I'm so picky.
Unread 05-01-2005, 09:47 PM
A Brown Bear

been using your ui for 4 days now and i have to say it is great,only things i have been having problems with is now wenever i click on some one in my grp i automaticly start attacking,this didnt happen with my default ui and being the healer in the grp most of the time autoattacking can get ugly sometimes,is there a way to turn off the auto attack wene clicking on peeps in the grp.

for clarification this is wene i click on there name in the grp window not clicking on there charcter on screen.
Unread 05-02-2005, 04:18 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vochore
been using your ui for 4 days now and i have to say it is great,only things i have been having problems with is now wenever i click on some one in my grp i automaticly start attacking,this didnt happen with my default ui and being the healer in the grp most of the time autoattacking can get ugly sometimes,is there a way to turn off the auto attack wene clicking on peeps in the grp.

for clarification this is wene i click on there name in the grp window not clicking on there charcter on screen.
*sigh* Only the name is Auto-Attack-on-click. The rest of the group member area (ie health) are normal targeting. This is in the documentation provided with the download, and prolly eslewhere here