EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info

Unread 06-10-2006, 07:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Trouble to have my pic working.

Hi,

As we said "we're never aswell served than by ourself", so i started making my ui today.
Using TGA and alpha channel, the picture is perfect. But with dds the size is much more low so i would like to use them instead.
I saw some post about DDS, (i use 8:8:8:8, and photoshop CS).

In the builde everything goes fine (except the image background wich ain't transparent.. but atleast the pic show right). As show in the image ->

But when i try in game the image's just a white square ->

I tried several setting and can't figure out how to fix that. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you !

Last edited by Sl4d3 : 06-11-2006 at 04:20 AM.
Unread 07-02-2006, 11:41 PM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos
Cool Answer

My guess is your alpha channel is all black atm. You need to mask your image and make an alpha channel. The alpha channel tells eq2 what to show and what not to. I personally use photoshop cs with the dds plug in. Its the best at working with images. Look through the forums. Dolby has posted a good link to the plugins and several people have described how to make an alpha channel. Whatever you want to show in the dds file you must mask and fill in white. The dds file will be a seperate image file that your xml mod will look at to pull the image from. You will add the code in your xml to grab this file from a specific location on that files page. Here's how: You will add an image to the xml under styles tab. As your SourceResource you will type the path to the file inside your UI folder (i.e. /images/icon/yourfilename.dds). Under location put the x,y coordinates where the upper left starting point is (i.e. 18,0). The size is the width and length of your pic (i.e. 512,512). Then do sourcerect. This is the corners of your pic (i.e. 0,0,512,512). You want to make sure you have visible=true as well. Thats about it. This will pull the dds pic into you xml as long as your dds is made correctly with the alpha channel.

Sage

Last edited by michsageman242 : 07-02-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Unread 07-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Not sure why it's working in the UIBuilder and not the game. Post the files you used; UI and images and then we can look and maybe help more. I know I can't tell you any thing just by the information you have posted.