EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-10-2006, 01:28 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Default Seagoat's UI Mods

This is a thread for comments, suggestions, or requests regarding my Experience Bars mod.

=====

EDIT: I'm expanding this thread to encompass all of my UI mods.

Please post any questions, problems, or requests here! I'm much more likely to respond quickly to this thread than I am to a new comment for a particular UI piece.

If you're having problems with a particular mod, please specify exactly which mod you're dealing with, including the mod's full title and release number. (There are, for instance, 6 versions of my XP bars mod.) Also please include any steps you've taken so far to install the mod(s) or troubleshoot your problem, and the results you've received after taking these steps.

Thanks!

Last edited by Seagoat : 05-01-2008 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Expanding thread to cover all of my UI mods
Unread 03-10-2006, 11:29 PM
A Griffon

I've implemented the changes I'd hoped to get done for the interface piece; you can download the newest version (20060310) from the download page.
Unread 04-19-2006, 08:40 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

can we see numbers on the right side of it like the others mods?
for xp amount/debt/vit pls
Unread 04-19-2006, 09:15 PM
A Griffon

Do you mean showing the percentage (such as 25.4%) off to the right?

All that information is in the tooltip, and I wouldn't find it useful myself, but I suppose it could be placed out to the right of the abbreviations (so those who don't need/want them can resize the window to chop them off). I don't know where I would place the XP debt...perhaps even further out to the right of the digital version of the current XP percentage.

I've got a backlog of graphics to make, though, so it might have to wait a little while.
Unread 09-25-2006, 06:41 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally posted by thumber
Hey great job on the xp bar love it... .can u add percentage tho.. only thing i miss
Again, that information is available in the tooltip. IMO it's not that hard to do a quick mouseover, or to simply look at the bars and see that you have 4 full gold bubbles and 3 full blue bubbles...voila! You're at 43%!

I still may do another version in the future that includes the numbers next to / on top of the bars, but until then there are other great mods that do include them.
Unread 10-16-2006, 04:49 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCAngela
Again, that information is available in the tooltip. IMO it's not that hard to do a quick mouseover, or to simply look at the bars and see that you have 4 full gold bubbles and 3 full blue bubbles...voila! You're at 43%!

I still may do another version in the future that includes the numbers next to / on top of the bars, but until then there are other great mods that do include them.
Hello, great exp bar!!! If you get around to it I would also really like the % just overlaying the exp bar and maybe the AA bar, in the middle. It doesn't even need the decimal. It could look just like the tool tip but in the same color as the other numbers displayed.
Unread 02-17-2007, 11:18 AM
A Griffon

==========================================================

New UI mod released:
Seagoat's Knowledge

==========================================================

Rizick: This is a fairly easy tweak! Open up EQ2UI_MainHUD_Experience.XML in a text editor like Notepad. Use the "Find" feature to locate this text:

Code:
/GameData.Guild.Level
...then replace it with this:

Code:
/GameData.Guild.Online
This will display the number of guild members online instead of the guild level. If you decide you want the guild level back and the members online moved somewhere else, just let me know and I can get some code worked up for you.
Unread 02-17-2007, 01:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Thank you...

Thank you for your fast responce. Very easy fix and worked like a charm. Thank you again. Rizick
Unread 02-19-2007, 12:42 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Send a message via AIM to uberfuzzy

wow, cool, i came here to post a ty for the simpled knowledge book,
and i see my name! /blush
Unread 03-01-2007, 01:22 AM
A Griffon

The "Seagoat's Bags" mod is not yet GU32 compatible. I hope to have a new version uploaded tomorrow...stay tuned!
Unread 03-01-2007, 05:16 PM
A Griffon

A new version of Seagoat's Bags is now available. I basically redid the mod from scratch, which took care of a lot of the issues I was having fixing the old version. It was being difficult.

It's now fully GU32 compatible, but should anyone have any issues with it, please let me know!
Unread 04-07-2007, 09:15 PM
A Griffon

Default Seagoat's Lotto

Seagoat's Lotto has been released! It's a much-condensed version of the default lotto window with nearly all of the dead space and some of the unnecessary elements removed.

As with all of my mods, the ZIP includes an info file and an image of the mod's appearance in-game.

If you use and enjoy any of my mods, please add them to your favorites or rate them. I <3 statistics!
Unread 05-08-2007, 02:55 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Missing cloe button on the new journal

Hi Seagoat

thx for releasing this mod. After installing I saw the close and settings button until I changed the size of the window. Can´t get them back.
Also the new close button is only on the active screen, not, as shown on your pictures, on the complete screen (don´t now if its needed there)

I use the mod on the german client.

Rass

Last edited by Rass : 05-08-2007 at 04:27 AM.
Unread 05-08-2007, 10:26 AM
A Griffon

Try right-clicking on the journal and opening the "Window Settings" window. Click the "Default Opacities" button once or twice, and your Settings / Close buttons should come back. (All this is also in the "info" file included in the download. )

If they don't come back, please let me know so I can investigate this further.
Unread 07-29-2008, 10:26 PM
A Griffon

I've got a BUNCH of updates released today, plus two new downloads. You can get the full list of recent files by visiting this page on my portal.

As always, if you have any general questions, feel free to post them here. Please remember that ALL bug reports and feature requests should be made through my portal.

Enjoy!

(Yes, I know all the file versions are dated for yesterday...I didn't realize what a huge undertaking it would be updating that many mods at once! )
Unread 07-30-2008, 02:26 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Is there a way to use this with other XP bars??

This is an AWESOME XP bar setup. but I am using ProfitUI and I need that XP bar too - so is there a way to use both? I tried just renaming this one, but that didn't work (long shot but I thought it might work).

Thanks in advance!

Orphyus Maestoso
Permafrost Goth Dirge Froglok of the Apocalypse
Unread 11-23-2012, 06:36 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Permafrost

Anychance of a Carolina Hurricane target ring?
Would be awesome for my wife and I
Unread 07-30-2014, 10:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Compass

Hi! installed your compass for EQ2 & really do appreciate it. For some reason, it is invisible until I type in the command
/show_window MainHUD.Compass
then it appears. But I have to do that every time I log in. The clock is visible from login, and once the compass is visible, mousing over the new clock will snap it in place next to the compass.

Where do I change what so this happens automatically, in particular the show compass? I am not afraid to edit XML although I do not know how to program it.

Thanks!
Unread 05-20-2007, 10:52 AM
A Griffon

I've released my first custom target ring, for use with the upcoming GU35!

Check it out here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...inedGlass.html

This is the first one I made that just looked spectacular in-game, but there are some other not-quite-spectacular-but-still-cool rings sitting around on my hard drive.

I anticipate going crazy and releasing a bunch of these; they're a lot of fun to make and if you've ever clicked any of my sig links, you know I'm a graphic-making fanatic.
Unread 05-20-2007, 11:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Target Circle mod

I downloaded and installed this but cant figure out how to get it to show. Is there something i missed?

The "How it works" part says something that looks like its goin on about the journal.

looks very cool btw
Unread 05-20-2007, 11:11 AM
A Griffon

Whoops...forgot to delete that part when I C&Ped from my Journal's info. It's fixed now.

Are you trying to use the ring on a Live server? If so, the custom rings won't work yet. They're a feature of GU35, which is due to be released later this month (start at this post and scroll down). They will currently only work on the Test server.
Unread 05-20-2007, 11:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Target Rings

Ahh ok. I did notice it said GU35 but didnt click that it may not work till then lol. I am one of those peeps that only logs into test when live servers are down lol.

TY for fast response tho
Unread 05-22-2007, 10:14 PM
A Griffon

Yesterday I released my "Aztec Sun" target ring, and today I uploaded "Art Deco." All three of my target rings are polished up and ready to go for the slated launch of GU35 tomorrow!

Please let me know what you think of them, and if there are any changes you'd like to see.
Unread 06-06-2007, 09:01 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Permafrost
Arrow Kudos and Requests

Those new target rings look really cool, Seagoat! I downloaded two out of three because I was having trouble choosing between them.

I'm also using your Bags Mod and your Journal Mod and have been for a while. Again, I like both of them and have found them to be quite satisfactory, at least since you ironed out the kinks in the early release. Of course, all programmers go through those "bug removal blues" periods. =~_^=

I also like the looks of your Lotto mod, except for one thing. Maybe I'm strange, but I like having the title bar, or at least having the option to have it, especially since I tend to run at a fairly high resolution. I know 1600x1200 may not sound all that high to some folks, but on a 21" monitor, it makes for LOTS of space. I didn't mind giving it up on the bags because it really isn't needed on them, but I prefer to have a title bar on any other window - just to remind me what it's for, since I tend to be forgetful at times. =~_^=

At any rate, keep up the good work, and thank you for all your hard work!
Unread 06-06-2007, 10:33 AM
A Griffon

I use a 22" widescreen monitor at the same resolution. Granted, I also have two chat windows (each with at least three tabs) and 8 hotbar banks open, so that takes up a fair amount of screen real estate.

Even with so much space to play with, for the vast majority of windows, I see the titlebar as entirely superfluous and a waste of code and space...you can usually tell what a window's for by its contents. I personally don't need something telling me I'm looking at the "Knowledge" window if I'm the one who pressed "K" and I'm now staring at my list of known spells.

Thank you very much for the compliments...they are greatly appreciated, and I'm tickled that someone else enjoys these mods as much as I do.