EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 04-27-2021, 12:14 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default New Version Error

Howdy! I've downloaded the latest version of the utility, like always, and I'm getting an error.

Says it's a .Net problem: ZapfCalligrBt does not support style Regular.

I'm not able to access the features and can only update by clicking the settings button.

TIA!
Unread 04-27-2021, 03:36 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Are you able to get to the Updates page and check for updates?
Unread 04-27-2021, 11:16 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Are you able to get to the Updates page and check for updates?
Yes, by clicking the settings gear. Any graphics are messed up or absent on any other page I try to look at though. Plus the error comes up every time I try to switch pages.
Unread 04-28-2021, 11:38 AM
A Griffon

Three things to try:

First, check for updates, then scroll down to Font Styles. Click the gear and download something besides EQII Default. Close and re-open the utility. Does it display correctly? If so, try the next two things in order:

1) Exit the game and the utility. Go to EverQuest II\UI\fonts and delete zcal801b.ttf. Then start the LaunchPad and let it replace the file. Now reopen the utility, choose and download the EQII Default font from the updates page. Does the utility display everything correctly now?

2) If not, close the utility and go back to EverQuest II\UI\fonts. Right-click zcal801b.ttf and click Install. Now reopen the utility. Does that fix it?

Last edited by Darqwood : 04-28-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Unread 04-28-2021, 05:00 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Three things to try:

First, check for updates, then scroll down to Font Styles. Click the gear and download something besides EQII Default. Close and re-open the utility. Does it display correctly? If so, try the next two things in order:

1) Exit the game and the utility. Go to EverQuest II\UI\fonts and delete zcal801b.ttf. Then start the LaunchPad and let it replace the file. Now reopen the utility, choose and download the EQII Default font from the updates page. Does the utility display everything correctly now?

2) If not, close the utility and go back to EverQuest II\UI\fonts. Right-click zcal801b.ttf and click Install. Now reopen the utility. Does that fix it?

Wow, interesting. Tried Arial, didn't work. Went to Franklin Gothic and all is well. How's that for an arcane problem, LOL?
Unread 04-28-2021, 06:37 PM
A Griffon

Did you get the "does not support style Regular" error on Arial?
Unread 04-29-2021, 11:31 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Did you get the "does not support style Regular" error on Arial?
Yes, I did
Unread 05-02-2021, 11:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuirse View Post
Howdy! I've downloaded the latest version of the utility, like always, and I'm getting an error.

Says it's a .Net problem: ZapfCalligrBt does not support style Regular.

I'm not able to access the features and can only update by clicking the settings button.

TIA!
I am trying to install for the first time and getting the same error.
Unread 05-02-2021, 12:42 PM
A Griffon

jaeenox, go to \EverQuest II\UI\fonts and find zcal801b.ttf. Right-click and Install it, then try running the utility again. Does that stop the error, or does the error message change?

Unread 05-03-2021, 10:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
jaeenox, go to \EverQuest II\UI\fonts and find zcal801b.ttf. Right-click and Install it, then try running the utility again. Does that stop the error, or does the error message change?

That did not work. I restarted my system and verified that the font was installed but get the same error message.
Unread 05-05-2021, 07:38 AM
A Griffon

Tuirse and jaeenox, please check your private messages on this website. Thank you!

Edit: if you are a player experiencing this issue during setup, try deleting the \EverQuest II\UI\DarqUI_v3 folder and the \EverQuest II\UI\fonts folder. Then run the LaunchPad which will replace the game fonts folder, and then reopen the DarqUI utility.

Last edited by Darqwood : 05-09-2021 at 07:44 AM.
Unread 08-28-2021, 10:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Hi,

I know this is an older thread, but I've not updated DarqUI for a while and when I try to install the latest version 3129 I get exactly the same errors as above. I've also tried 3128, and get the same errors.

I have tried all of the above suggestions and it still won't work.

This is on an EU English game install, if that makes any difference. The version I'm running at the moment is 3124b, and I have no problems with that version.

Is there anything else I can try?
Unread 08-29-2021, 11:16 AM
A Griffon

Using 3124b, see if you can download one of the alternate fonts: Check for updates, then scroll down to Font Styles. Click the gear icon and choose Arial for example, download it, then immediately close 3124b and open 3129. Any errors?

Unread 08-29-2021, 12:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Using 3124b, see if you can download one of the alternate fonts: Check for updates, then scroll down to Font Styles. Click the gear icon and choose Arial for example, download it, then immediately close 3124b and open 3129. Any errors?

Ok, so the 3129 version loads with Arial without giving the " .Net problem: ZapfCalligrBt does not support style Regular." error, but the Themes page doesn't display properly, and when I try to view a Character's inventory I get the attached error.

I have also tried again reinstalling the default font and get the original error described above. Just as a note, I have tried each of the steps in the above posts, including deleting both the font and DarqUI_v3 folders.
Attached Files
File Type: txt darqui-error.txt (4.5 KB, 127 views)
Unread 08-29-2021, 02:17 PM
A Griffon

Can you describe what the Themes page looks like when you try the above fix?

Also, I believe the Inventory error is a known bug: Go into your \EverQuest\saved_house_layouts folder and temporarily move anything that is not a game-generated house layout into a different folder. Another player had a similar error and we realized that there were .CSV files in that folder that the utility was choking on. This has been corrected for the next version of the DarqUI utility.

Unread 08-30-2021, 09:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Can you describe what the Themes page looks like when you try the above fix?

Also, I believe the Inventory error is a known bug: Go into your \EverQuest\saved_house_layouts folder and temporarily move anything that is not a game-generated house layout into a different folder. Another player had a similar error and we realized that there were .CSV files in that folder that the utility was choking on. This has been corrected for the next version of the DarqUI utility.

Hi again. I've attached a screenshot of the Themes page for you to see. This is how it looks when using the Arial font.

Secondly, the problem with the Inventory, I've discovered, only happens with my main character, who has many dungeons and houses. All other characters inventory pages work without error. All other pages seems to work with the Arial font, but not the game default font.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	darqui-themes-screen.png
Views:	136
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	9400  
Unread 08-30-2021, 09:49 AM
A Griffon

On the Settings page, Display category, uncheck the box for "Display graphical UI theme samples." You can still change and see your fonts with this setting unchecked, although it probably won't correct the Zapf error. I'm downloading EU-English updates for the game now to see if there is anything different.

Unread 08-31-2021, 10:08 AM
A Griffon

@Imogena, please check your private messages on this website.

Unread 09-02-2021, 01:11 PM
A Griffon

Both of the new Zapf and display bugs appear to have been found and squashed, and I want to thank @Imogena for patiently helping with some very arcane tests. The fixes have been applied to an upcoming version of the DarqUI Utility that will be released later in the year.