EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Closed Thread
Unread 04-09-2005, 09:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Thx

Thank you for a great mod and all the help. It is working great now. I only mod my computer and case.

I'm running a
amd 64 3000+
1 gig corsair ddr 400
bfg 6800 vanilla o/c
sb audigy gamer
wd 7200rpm 80 gig
asus k8n-e deluxe
thermaltake venus 12
thermaltake 480 watt pp buterfly ps
and win xp sp2
Unread 04-10-2005, 06:57 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Default All Fetish Maps 3.2 & 3.3

For all Fetish Map 3.2 & 3.3 users

There appears to be a bug with the dropdown menus, causing the last map to be loaded after zoning for the first time and refreshing the map. I expect to have a fix posted in a few hours.

Also note Map menus persist in holding focus until you click something else, which interfears with forward and backward movement via arrow-keys. This is a general SOE bug I'm working to resolve. Untill I get it fixed, just click the map after using a menu.

FetishMap 3.3 Hotfix

Last edited by Zonx : 04-10-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Unread 04-10-2005, 09:17 PM
A Grove Wisp

Thank you very much I will try this fix now!
Unread 04-10-2005, 11:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default EQ2MAP Updating but in diff locations..still not working

Still having issues getting maps to show/load.

So I've re-installed .NET framework, re-installed EQ2Maps updater - Using c:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest II as dir

EQ2Map Updater runs okay with no error messages and downloads all the maps how ever instead of locating the files in the directory above it puts them in the following..

c:\images\iocns
c:\images\maps
c:\eq2map
and eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml is located on root of c:\

I have tried to use the "C:\Program Files\EQ2MAP Updater\EQ2MAP_Updater.exe /seteq2dir" switch but get errors "windows cant find etc...."

Ive reloaded EQ2 on a different machine and all works without any problems, maps are in correct location and all maps work within game.

Just for a test I copied the EQ2MAPS directory (in EQ2\UI folder) from this machine to machine having problesm ..but this did not work either.

*added bit*

I added the cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP & cl_ui_subdir UI/ to the eq2.ini file (this was not updated for some reason on install) and hey presto .. all maps working now

BUT .... the autoupdater is still installing maps in the the dir's listed above and not in the EQ2 dir (so for a work around im updating on other machine and copying the dir acrross each time).

*end added bit*

Thanks.

Last edited by partec : 04-11-2005 at 12:18 AM.
Unread 04-11-2005, 01:05 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

dont put the /seteq2dir inside the quotes, it should be outside so like this:
"C:\Program Files\EQ2MAP Updater\EQ2MAP_Updater.exe" /seteq2dir
you can also try deleting the .cfg file in C:\Program Files\EQ2MAP Updater\
Unread 04-11-2005, 03:02 AM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by partec
Still having issues getting maps to show/load.

So I've re-installed .NET framework, re-installed EQ2Maps updater - Using c:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest II as dir

EQ2Map Updater runs okay with no error messages and downloads all the maps how ever instead of locating the files in the directory above it puts them in the following..

c:\images\iocns
c:\images\maps
c:\eq2map
and eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml is located on root of c:\

I have tried to use the "C:\Program Files\EQ2MAP Updater\EQ2MAP_Updater.exe /seteq2dir" switch but get errors "windows cant find etc...."

Ive reloaded EQ2 on a different machine and all works without any problems, maps are in correct location and all maps work within game.

Just for a test I copied the EQ2MAPS directory (in EQ2\UI folder) from this machine to machine having problesm ..but this did not work either.

*added bit*

I added the cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP & cl_ui_subdir UI/ to the eq2.ini file (this was not updated for some reason on install) and hey presto .. all maps working now

BUT .... the autoupdater is still installing maps in the the dir's listed above and not in the EQ2 dir (so for a work around im updating on other machine and copying the dir acrross each time).

*end added bit*

Thanks.

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. EQ2Mapupdater just install the dirs and files in the root dir of his installation path (for example c:\ if I chose C:\program files\...or d:\ if i chose d:\eq2mapupdater). Addionally the eq2.ini is not modified or created in an other dir.

Microsoft Framework etc is installed and up to date. Im using Windows XP with SP2. The work around with a manual installation works fine. And also the the cfg of eq2mapupdater seems ok and all pathes to eq2 are right.
Unread 04-11-2005, 04:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

i feel that the "glowing trail" got bugged when i innstaled EQ2map...!
Unread 04-11-2005, 06:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you all...

Deleted the .cfg file and the re-ran /seteq2dir again selected the .exe file, re-updated the maper and yeeeepppeeee all working okay ..

All now and working.. and forgot to say SUPERB app... Keep up the good work.

Partec.
Unread 04-11-2005, 06:49 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoUrmet
i feel that the "glowing trail" got bugged when i innstaled EQ2map...!
In what way? Does it not show up at all? Does it show up but lead to the wrong place? Does it lead to the right place but disappear at random? Does it offer to make you some pie? (If so I want that bug, I like pie…mmmm, pie)
Unread 04-11-2005, 06:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Exclamation Having problems with maps

When I zone to Temple Street, for example, I open map .. all is good... next time I open my map, I see Commonlands. Tried this this morning zoning from tradeskill instance into temple street. Opened map and had screen that is in tradeskill instance saying no map available - BUT the POI's from Temple Street are on the text. All of this is after installing the 3.3 hotfix. Should I be reconfiguring something?

Thanks,
Serrah
Unread 04-11-2005, 08:38 AM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrah
When I zone to Temple Street, for example, I open map .. all is good... next time I open my map, I see Commonlands. Tried this this morning zoning from tradeskill instance into temple street. Opened map and had screen that is in tradeskill instance saying no map available - BUT the POI's from Temple Street are on the text. All of this is after installing the 3.3 hotfix. Should I be reconfiguring something?

Thanks,
Serrah
same problem for me. any suggestions?
Unread 04-11-2005, 09:19 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmaster
I am experiencing exactly the same problem. EQ2Mapupdater just install the dirs and files in the root dir of his installation path (for example c:\ if I chose C:\program files\...or d:\ if i chose d:\eq2mapupdater). Addionally the eq2.ini is not modified or created in an other dir.

Microsoft Framework etc is installed and up to date. Im using Windows XP with SP2. The work around with a manual installation works fine. And also the the cfg of eq2mapupdater seems ok and all pathes to eq2 are right.
do you have it working or is it still updating ot the wrong place?
if its not working, can you try deleting the .cfg in the updaters install directory?
you can also try using the command line argument /seteq2dir. a description of command line arguments and how to set them is in the updaters download description. after you set it and run the updater once you can remove the /seteq2dir from the shortcut.

Last edited by taco-man : 04-11-2005 at 09:30 AM.
Unread 04-11-2005, 09:20 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrah

Thanks,
Serrah
Just to be clear that this is the Fetish Map 3.3 Hotfix you are refering to correct?

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 04-11-2005, 10:23 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by spieth
same problem for me. any suggestions?
Did you unzip the hotfix into the eq2map directory nested under your custom UI directory as instructed?

Sounds very much like the hotfix wasn't installed correctly. If the menus don't hide on mouse out, the hot fix isn't in the correct location.
Unread 04-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Crushbone - Cronique

Server: Crushbone

I am still hearing from people that the updater is not updating ald maps with the newer versions.
Unread 04-12-2005, 12:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I logged on today to find my maps had reverted to default, as if I had just begun the game. I uninstalled then reinstalled all steps for eq2map updater and the microsoft thing. Still nothing. All the files show as there and fine, and completely update. I log on through the updater, and tried not as well. All same result, no maps exacpt my old basics, no POI's, nada. Even lost places I had obviously been. Map has gone back to blackout on those parts. Very odd. I will try some of the fixes here. Even on some simple zones like Down Below, it shows nothing at all, just the plain overview of the cities, no map at all.
Unread 04-12-2005, 01:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default eq2map updater window "glitch"

Hi there, i run eq2map on 2 different computers and the ingame maps are all working fine so far

only issue is the window of the updater itself. One of the earlier post had the same issue i think.

It looks like this: (see attached file)

Running windows XP, SP2.
resolution is 1200x1024

Thanks

Olaf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eq2map.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	2341  
Unread 04-12-2005, 03:17 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

that is from having a nonstandard dpi. you can change your dpi to the standard (96) its in the general tab of the advanced display settings. another person asked about this and i posted a more detailed instruction to get to this place if my description wasnt good enough. its somewhere in this thread.

EDIT: i should add that the next version of the updater will be resizeable which should help if you want to run your computer at a different dpi.

Last edited by taco-man : 04-12-2005 at 06:24 PM.
Unread 04-13-2005, 01:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Works fine on one machine

I am running EQ2maps fine on one machine, but tried to install and run on another machine and it seems to update fine, but when i get in game and try to open the map it crashes me to desktop. Any ideas?
Unread 04-13-2005, 02:56 PM
A Griffon

I'd suggest deleting your EQ2MAP folder on the offending machine then re-running the updater. Most likely there's some bad XML screwing things up. If that DOESN'T fix it, we'll need more information like if you're using other UI mods, what your eq2.ini file says, and the name of your custom UI folder.

Quib
Unread 04-13-2005, 08:52 PM
A Coastal Crab

Hello,

i have downloaded this programm and installed it to my EQ2 folder. It has downloaded all your maps and then automatically started EQ Launchpad, fine so far, however ingame i still have the original map and none of your maps. Please help I am really disapointed because I always loose my way, and this tool would be a big help to me. I have also installed the newest dotfx.net 2.0 beta from Microsoft it still does not show the maps but only the normal EQ2 maps. I do not know what to do please write as soon as possible

thanks Kideli
Unread 04-13-2005, 10:21 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

do you have any other mods installed? if you do, do they show up?

try deleting eq2.ini in your main eq2 folder and re-running the updater, let me know if that fixes it.
Unread 04-14-2005, 02:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Befallen

i posted earlier but i still have not gotten any replies anyway the problem is whenever i try to update using the updater i keep getting this error:

Error Getting File List:
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

please can someone tell me what i should do to fix that.
Unread 04-14-2005, 10:32 AM
A Berserk Golem

I have 2 small problems:

- My maps randomly reset the fog when I log (just logged now and my anto map is black again but where I am). It doesnt happen often but still happen. I did not modify my custom UI for long, nor used the autoupdated since yesterday. One hour ago everything was just fine, it is really weird.

- I began submitting PoI, but when I see the mark on the preview page or ingame, I notice some are completely off in the map, even though after doublecheck the loc is right. Are the maps provided by SoE not really so accurate?
Unread 04-14-2005, 11:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Hide fog option is missing

I looked for an answer to this one but didn't see it listed here. I just downloaded and installed the eq2maps ui today and loaded up the game to find the map which is great but the option to get rid of the black fog is gone for the out of town zones (it is still present for the intown zones). The icons show through the fog so i can still find stuff but it would be nice if there is something i can check off to clear it out. Maybe I am just not seeing a small button or something? The one in the lower left is not there in it's usual place from the default. Any cures for this? This might be normal I realize because i'm new to eq2.

One other question.....I noticed on the main download page for EQ2MAP - MAIN DOWNLOAD page that the pictures on the side contain a select map tab which I don't recall seeing in game. Was wondering what that is and if there is another plugin I haven't located yet to get more functionality out f the map?

Thx for dealing with new guy questions. Been playing mmorgs for years just not this one till now

Last edited by truth5150 : 04-14-2005 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Found a portion of my own answer
Closed Thread