EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Closed Thread
Unread 01-13-2005, 09:48 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

OnPress="OnPress=OnPress2 IconStyle=MOBFlashing" OnPress1="OnPress=OnPress2 IconStyle=MOBFlashing" OnPress2="OnPress=OnPress1 IconStyle=MOB"

Adding that to the icon might work, no guarantees. Also, you'd need to make new flashing IconStyles. I don't know the specifics behind doing that, but I'm 99% sure it's possible.

Quib

P.S. - A new current release will be ready once I reposition the Blackburrow map buttons; I'm not happy with their current location.
Unread 01-13-2005, 10:18 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloa
taco man, Love the zonerect calc prog, 1 request, on the Location tab, when you tab from x, go to y, and highlight value in y so you can just type the Y coords, and when you hit enter from Y, automatically hit calculate button and automatically place the maplocation.text on the clipboard...itll speed the process a lot.
id be happy to do that, will just take me a few days, ive been REALLY busy lately(just got my permit from the dmv tonight, and im sure everyone knows how long the dmv takes) i have like 2 hours of calculas homework to do tonight still, and i am gonna go look at a car on saturday after i get out of my 4 hour class i have every saturday morning. but i promise i will get to it as soon as i can, HOPEFULLY on friday after i get out of school.

also try and put any other questions or requests about the program in the thread for the program instead of this one because i will see it alot easier. thanks!

Last edited by taco-man : 01-13-2005 at 10:20 PM.
Unread 01-14-2005, 12:35 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Eloa i updated the zonerect calculator, i had some spare time because i couldn't do my homework since my friend forgot to give me back my notes
Unread 01-14-2005, 01:53 AM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

next time use a photo-copier then he can keep a copy heh
Unread 01-14-2005, 06:32 AM
a hedgehog

Quib,

whats up with this split map deal? im trying to get RoV to work but having trouble.

I understand availablerect specifies the squared area you want that imageframe to show when you walk in that area. So you have one availablerect for rov_0 and one for rov_1. What i dont get is what the zonerect now does.

In uibuilder i see you have two totally different zonerects for wailingcaves_0 and wailingcaves_1.

Why? I would imagin that zonerect stays as the entire zone's zonerect, whereas availablrect points out pieces of zonrect to show the east/west map in....
Unread 01-14-2005, 08:18 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
OnPress="OnPress=OnPress2 IconStyle=MOBFlashing" OnPress1="OnPress=OnPress2 IconStyle=MOBFlashing" OnPress2="OnPress=OnPress1 IconStyle=MOB"
Hmmm, sounds good in a way, I would REALLY like to have it just an amount of time that it would flash rather than having to click it again...
Unread 01-14-2005, 11:32 AM
A Griffon

zonerect is the area that the map represents, you calculate it the same as for a single page map. availablerect is the loc values that when you enter that region, the map changes to the one you want. If you make an available rect of -20, -20, 20, 20, the map will only change to that page of the map if you're within the loc values of 20, x, -20 and -20, x, 20. Also, maps default to loading map page 1. For WC, you'll notice the WC0 zavailablerect is most of the map, while the WC1 availablerect is only a thin rectangle at the top of the map. This is because they overlap a lot, and availablepriority doesn't actually work quite like Mr. Bobble said. If you're within the availablerect of both maps (assuming there're only 2), and they're the same availablepriority, it'll go to the lower number map (map0 before map1).

To sum it all up:
- zonerect is the area of a single page of the map, not the area of both maps; calculate this for a part of a map just like you would for a 1 page map.
- availablerect is the loc coordinates, that when you're within them, the map will change to that map (that map being the one whose availablerect you're within).
- availablepriority doesn't do that much/doesn't work as intended; if you have overlapping availablerects, the map with the lwoer availablepriority will show, unless their priority is the same, then the map with the lower number will show (map0 before map1).

Quib
Unread 01-14-2005, 12:48 PM
A Weald Wolf

okay here is a stupid question. if I just now am starting to get this ui...would I have to go through all 300+ posts and download every update and tweak or is there a full one (up to date) that I can yoink from somewhere?

thanks in advance

Squinch
Unread 01-14-2005, 12:56 PM
A Griffon

I've been meaning to cough up another full release, but if you went back a page or two and got map_rev_1.zip and then got every map_rev_x.zip since then (like 6?) you'd be up to date. I haven't been keeping a full release going because this isn't meant for widespread use quite yet; we need to redo serpent sewer, get icons set up for The Graveyard, and then get all maps completed so far set up in the Select Map pseudo-tab.

Quib

P.S. - Could someone get me a scan of the Freeport section of the map that shipped with the EQ2 game (the fold-up one in the box)? My scanner recently broke else it wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by Quib : 01-14-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:23 PM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak

I have only gotten map_rev_1 and 2, so apologies if this has already been fixed.

I went to The Caves last night to check out the map, and I noticed that floor 2 doesn't fit in the map window - the edges are just barely cut off. Also, it doesn't 'autoswitch' quite right. I had to close the map window and reopen it in order to see the second floor. Otherwise I was just running around in the edge area of floor one.

These maps are awesome guys. You are all doing some great work here - I think you should get titles of nobility
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:27 PM
A Griffon

Doing multi-floor maps is really hard as all floors share the same zonerect. Yes Caves II has the left and right edges clipped, and it's too much trouble to fix.

I have no idea what you mean by it wasn't auto-switching. You have to manually change floors through use of the big button at the bottom of the map. If that isn't working properly, I'll revisit that map and see what's wrong.

I don't mean to sound short; I'm just being direct and matter-of-fact; if there's a problem with the map's functionality, I want to get it fixed.

Quib
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:49 PM
A Griffon

No problem, Quib - directness is the best policy, in my view.

By auto-switching, I mean that when you walk over the line where floor 1 stops, the map would automatically switch to show floor 2 - like in Antonica and Commonlands when the two sides of the map autoswitch when you walk over the imaginary line in the middle.

It will update properly if I simply close and reopen the map - but leaving the map window open to view my arrow moving across the boundary line does not switch the maps.
Unread 01-14-2005, 04:15 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killarny
No problem, Quib - directness is the best policy, in my view.

By auto-switching, I mean that when you walk over the line where floor 1 stops, the map would automatically switch to show floor 2 - like in Antonica and Commonlands when the two sides of the map autoswitch when you walk over the imaginary line in the middle.

It will update properly if I simply close and reopen the map - but leaving the map window open to view my arrow moving across the boundary line does not switch the maps.
can't autoswitch floors on z axis. only x-y.
Unread 01-14-2005, 04:32 PM
A Griffon

Isn't there some x/y axis movement anyway though? I imagine that other than jumping up and down without walking there is no way to have only z axis movement..
Unread 01-14-2005, 04:36 PM
a hedgehog

auto-switching capabilities only use x and y axis. Therefore, when you go down, the only way the get it to auto switch is if the second floor is NOT overlapping anywhere with the first floor.

Getting it to auto swith from two floors that are on top of each other will only work if they impliment Z axis auto-switching.

here is a sneak peak of Varsoon. Obviously it will be cut into 2, maybe 3 halves. I made it myself and it took a long friggin time lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenprint-6.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	729  

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-16-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Unread 01-14-2005, 05:49 PM
a hedgehog

internal zone names, found with blaz's Eq2VpkTool v1.1:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenprint-7.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	730  Click image for larger version

Name:	screenprint-8.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	731  Click image for larger version

Name:	screenprint-9.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	732  

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-17-2005 at 06:09 AM.
Unread 01-14-2005, 05:58 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

sweet! super sweet! your rov map I mean.

Last edited by sunthas : 01-14-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Unread 01-14-2005, 06:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I tried extracting a DDS from the maps, but photoshop is telling me it cannot parse the file /cry
Unread 01-14-2005, 08:09 PM
a hedgehog

heres RoV, needs some icons.

and no, you cant use it Mr. Gry-Online!

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-15-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Unread 01-14-2005, 08:54 PM
A Griffon

Really really awesome map. I'm gonna be gone for about 24 hours. I'll get everything settled for an all-inclusive release in this thread when I get back.

Serpent Sewer and icons for The Graveyard are all we need before our first official release (well, and populating the Select Map tab).

Quib
Unread 01-14-2005, 09:20 PM
A Griffon

Have the Qeynos regions been done yet?
Unread 01-15-2005, 04:13 AM
a hedgehog

QN : Oakmyst Forest| Complete
QN : The Forest Ruins| Complete
QN : The Caves| Complete
QN : The Peat Bog| Complete
QN : The Down Below| Complete
QN : Vermin's Snye | Complete
Unread 01-15-2005, 05:25 AM
a hedgehog

tomorrow there should be a full release. In order for you to get everything atm you would have to download like 6 different zips.

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-15-2005 at 05:45 AM.
Unread 01-15-2005, 08:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I just came across this thread. I want to commend all the hard work people have made to getting this going.

Keep up the good work folks. It is appreciated.
Unread 01-15-2005, 09:04 AM
A Griffon

This does look perdy cool, I cant wait to see them in game.

Are these going in the map window, or its own windows?

Closed Thread