EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 09-11-2007, 06:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Missing Something: UI Not Working

I'm currently unable to load custom UIs. I've followed several threads here and on the Sony boards regarding EQ.INI settings, Custom file locations, etc, and it "seems" like I have everything right. I'm wondering if it has to do with how I reinstalled EQ2 on my machine. I had deleted all the files previously and had moved my girlfriends copy across the network onto my machine. This caused all sorts of havoc at first, but finally I got the game to load up and was able to play.

Unfortunately, my Profit18 interface that I'd been very happy with no longer seemed to work (she runs the same ui successfully on her machine currently). I blew that away and tried Profit Reborn with no better success. Here's the basics of what I do have:

Folder is created in C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest II\UI\ProfitUI
EQ2.INI file reads:
cl_ui_skinname ProfitUI
cl_ui_subdir UI/

When I logged into a toon after blowing that characters UI ini file away, it offered to use the ProfitUI 1280x1024... I accepted thinking I'd gotten it to work. Unfortunately, what actually rendered was the default UI.

Another issue I had was I'm now having to run EQ2 as Administrator (this is XP Pro not Vista btw). If I try and run it as my local account (who is actually in the administrators group ironically) it fails when the patcher completes. Could this be effecting the UI? Has anyone seen this before? This might NOT be UI related at all, but I thought I'd ask. I'm going to post a similar question on the Sony boards to see if anyone has any ideas there.

Thanks for reading this... if I've left any vital details out (and I'm sure I have) let me know.