View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2009, 07:36 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejima View Post
Grid is insanely popular with wow users. There is one flaw with EQ2 though, you can not set up things like CTRL+Click or Shift+Click to do different commands. This would be done fairly easy though and you could even make the sizes adjustable(including the fonts).
I never used this in WAR, it was called Iishealbot, or something like that.

-------
About breaking old habits, im an oldschool eq2 player so WAR isnt really an old habbit, its just that after healing in WAR and then comming back to eq2, i really felt crippled.

And yes, in a way the problem is the size of the player frames in the raid window. But the main thing is that in WAR, all you needed was that very window for group or raid - problem with eq2 tho is that you need to be in a raid in order to get the raid window. Way squared worked in WAR was that if you were in a group, you would still use the same UIelement, as soon as you joined a raid/warband the amount of players would just increase within the same UIelement. And since the squares were so big and clear you didnt need to have a target window frame etc - the way things are atm in eq2 i really cant watch thoes tiny bars in the raid window, after i pick a target i need to keep alive i usually just watch the target window - but i would love to keep my eyes on one window mainly.

I know alot of people click the macro's on Profit/Fetish raid window, the way i play is that i like to watch players health and select them with my mouse from 1 window and then just use my left hand for healing (i bind almost everything)

Sure you could increase everything in size with either a lower resolution or other ways, problem is that the raid window its has got alot of deadspace and things not really needed with this style of healing, that it will just take up alot of your screen.

I will give you a good example, this is a rather old WAR video of a shaman healing in pvp - you will see squared in action: http://www.warhammermovies.com/movieview.php?id=821
(Use: WHO HQ Stream)

Now compare that to clicking the tiny little player frames in the eq2-style raidwindow.

I would really LOVE to see something like this for EQ2, hell i will try make it myself - but i will need help lol.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think that UI mod in the video might not actually be the original squared, rather an alternative to it - either way, the function is the same.

Last edited by Darke : 04-27-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Spell check