Thread: hex editing
View Single Post
Unread 02-02-2009, 05:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Befallen
Default Hex file hair changing - sabertooth kerrans

When you edit the hex file (for editor goto: http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ ) you can see: accessories/hair/hair015.
Change the number and it will change which hair style your toon has (on a female kerran it will change their adornment). Illusion forms will match up if they have that many options.

Im a female kerran swashy so I have half elf illusion free and my mask for inkie.

Half elves have 13 hair options.
Dark elves have 23 hair options.
Kerrans have 9 adornments, for 10+ there is no adornment.

I started to see a pattern, but when I was testing hair024+ to see what the dark elf illusion would give (stays on hairstyle 23) things got wierd.
I saw hair tufts coming out of my ears and cheeks!
Like a weak pathetic attempt at a mane! So I tested the rest and found a couple sabertooth options. I think people have stumbled on these when they are dark elves and use kerra illusions. (not many people do because in all actuality the kerran females dont look so hot).

hair018 = sabertooth outies *lines on forehead
hair019 - sabertooth innies * lines on forehead
hair023 - fur tufts
hair024 - fur tufts
hair025 - fur tufts

I also noted that in my ccf file i had notes after the hair009 but the kerran didnt. the notes from hair009 to the first ?.. are primary hair color and secondary hair color.

accessories/hair/hair015ÞÜÜ>Ÿž.?¶µ5?öôt?øöv?øöv?..ÞÜÜ>Ÿž.?¶µ5?öôt?øöv?øöv?....................... ...?.accessories/wearable_items/starter_clothes/darkelf_female/chest

everything after hair-015 to the "........................." was color info.
I used to have pure black hair on all my illusion forms. Now I can choose a haircolor and paste it into my kerran file.

Workin on it more right now. have fun.