View Single Post
Unread 03-02-2008, 10:40 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Drop in startmenu mod

Well, based on a suggestion from the wish list post I made, I've been tinkering with a startmenu mod that would allow authors to include a menuitem_#.xml file with their mod to add an entry.

It uses a Composite so all the menuitems will slide up to the top. Up to 18 can be accommodated. I figure that will likely be more than anybody will ever need. (Otherwise, another column can be added for an additional 18 without too much effort).

Is this something that others would be interested in? Would you as an author want to include a file in your .zip that would add it to the startmenu? If so, any suggestions on the best way to package this? Mods will need to be given specific entry numbers just like the eq2map plugin system. How is that administered?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions, I've attached a picture of the progress.

A couple sample drop ins below. All that needs to be changed is the Name, the OnPress, and the Icon.

This would open the Spires popup mod:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Page Name="Spires" ScrollExtent="166,28" Size="166,28">
        <Button Location="28,0" Margin="10,0,0,0" Name="menuButton" OnPress="show_window Custom.Pooka_Spires ;togglestartmenu" PressSound=" " ScrollExtent="138,28" Size="138,28" Style="/ButtonStyles.start_menu">Spires</Button>
        <Page BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="IconFrame" Opacity="0.500" RStyleDefault="/FrameStyles.single_pixel" ScrollExtent="28,28" Size="28,28" />
        <Image Name="icon" ScrollExtent="28,28" Size="28,28" SourceRect="209,84,250,126" SourceResource="images/icons/icon_ss21.dds" />
    </Page>
This would cast whatever call you have:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Page Name="CallHome" ScrollExtent="166,28" Size="166,28">
        <Button Location="28,0" Margin="10,0,0,0" Name="menuButton" OnPress="useability Call of the Overlord ; useability Call of Kelethin ;useability Call of Qeynos ;useability Call of Neriak ;useability Call of Gorowyn ;useability Call of Haven ;togglestartmenu" PressSound=" " ScrollExtent="138,28" Size="138,28" Style="/ButtonStyles.start_menu">Call Home</Button>
        <Page BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="IconFrame" Opacity="0.500" RStyleDefault="/FrameStyles.single_pixel" ScrollExtent="28,28" Size="28,28" />
        <Image Name="icon" ScrollExtent="28,28" Size="28,28" SourceRect="83,85,124,127" SourceResource="images/icons/icon_as11.dds" />
    </Page>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	start menu.jpg
Views:	953
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	6338