View Single Post
Unread 01-28-2006, 06:55 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest
Default Pay Zonx please, just like you would any shareware author...

We're good and lucky to have someone work on a custom UI that so many people like.

Go to Tucows or Download.com and try to find a quality utility program that works great and is freeware. You probably aren't going to find much... maybe a free program that updates your system clock or one that frees up system memory, that's about it.

The way shareware works is that you pay the author for their program and when there are major updates (the version number changes a full digit (from like 6.7 to 7.0)).

Zonx is making donations totally voluntary. He is not forcing anyone to pay... no one is going to know you didn't pay. However, as he said, he is looking for work and it is difficult for him to keep up with the expansions. He is also losing interest in EQ2... I think we're fricking lucky he came back...

Donate if you can afford it... pay Zonx like you would any other software author for their time and effort. Right now I've looked at other UIs while Zonx was gone and am glad I am not forced to switch... I'm going to donate as soon as I'm able (not going into details, but I don't get paid even biweekly).

Nobody is going to twist your arm, but pay for the time that is put into the UI and for the enjoyment you get from it being easy to use.