View Single Post
Unread 06-25-2006, 06:54 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Howdy all,

Well I just came back into playing EQ2 and downloaded the UI since this was the one I loved when I played almost a year ago... Here is my situation...

I downloaded the file, did the install and told the install to put the files as follows: c:..../sony/EverQuest II/ it did the install and created the thorui folder when I rean the program it installed a folder in the following location: c:..../sony/EverQuest II/UI/thorui What I am having a problem is that it has two (2) thorui folders each with a different set of files... I understand that one is for the updater and one is for the updated files or xml files.. But what happens is this.. I keep having to do a download from Sony each time I launch from the Thor UI Auto Updater... If I launch from EQ2MAP UpDater or from the EQ2.exe it goes right to where I left off..

Mind you I don't mind having to get some updates every now and then but 2 - 4 hours of updates is a joke...

I have turned off the update newer files as well so that it does not keep updating my mainhud-shutdow xml causing me to loose my settings...

Just looking for some help as to why this is happening.. I am getting to the point where I think I will have to uninstall the whole dang program and start all over again..

Peace,