View Single Post
Unread 02-26-2006, 11:50 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
That's NOT ThorUI AU...

This is an oooooooold version of ThorUI v4.8.3 which used setup factory to package the files and deliver.
It wasn't a virus although it's certainly possible you may have picked up a tainted version of it...
Where did you get it, cause it's not offered here any longer?

Why are you asking about a version that's half a year old?
I know the one that is highlighted is old, but I thought there was some more recent ones in there too. I've obviously been using ThorUI for quite a long time (after all I do very much enjoy the interface).

This is however a new virus scanner and the results of the virus scan weren't what I was expecting. I know that you can sometimes get false positives and I had suspected that this may be the case here which is why I brought it up. I download all my files from here on this web site (honestly I wouldn't trust any other). I was just wondering if you had seen this come up before.

It seems you haven't though which is a bit concerning to me. My understanding is that the virus scanner I now have (kaspersky) is somewhat popular - I was told its very good as well - though I know that no scanner is perfect. I suppose it is possible it could have been infected after the fact, but honestly I've never had any problems before and I don't download from any questionable sites. I also know though that sometimes even the nicest people with the best intentions could have unexpected things pop up on them which is the other reason I bring it up - just to make you aware that I did get these results. I figured it wouldn't hurt to double check right?

This very well could be an algorithm misinterpreting the down loader.