Thread: New Updater
View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2014, 12:16 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Just checked the new updater. I didn't get the problem mentioned above, but did have other issues. When the updater opened, a popup appeared stating that there were updates available for the updater and asked permission to proceed. I clicked OK. The update completed and the updater restarted, but had lost the EQ2 file path. I had to select the path again, quit the updater and run it again for the updater to work correctly.

Besides the clumsiness of the operation, it reminded me of another issue that I find annoying. When you click CHOOSE to update the EQ2 file path, the selection dialog opens pointing to the current user's My Documents folder. In the current case, the updater had lost the file path so I can understand it not having to path to start from. However, most of the time I am switching from the live instance to the Test instance or vice versa. In such cases, the updater really ought to start at the last selected path, which would save a lot of clicking.

Another option would be to let the user directly edit the displayed path, but I can see how that might be more work to code and could create another failure point.

-= Therendil =-