View Single Post
Unread 02-27-2019, 06:12 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unkown

Since I'm having problems with installing any custom UI (see my other post in this same section), I was given the suggestion of going directly into the character UI file. Because I couldn't find anything with a server or character name (except for the actual file name, that is), I went into one file and made some minor chat window changes. All I did with that file was copy and paste the chat window channels, so that they were uniform within the UI file. It had been annoying me forever that I couldn't get the game to make that change with requests, so it was nice to do it myself directly. Then I just renamed another character Ui file, and copy/pasted the information between the two different character files. Tested, and it worked!!!

I'll be honest. I didn't actually think to go in and poke around within the character UI file myself. I guess I was just too scared of the potential for mischief inherant in making any accidental changes to a file. I've worked tech support, I know how things can happen without intentionally doing it. But, now that I made the changes and tested them, I'm happy.

Now, to just get a custom UI to install properly on my computer. I'm sorry Darq, I tried your UI and liked some components. But I'm a diehard fan of Profit, with so many things designed to make a crafter's life so much easier. And it's also better for me visually, because so much of it is setup to be compact. The regular UI is just so... bulky, is one way to describe it.